Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Does the YUP-WMX-PN-PNEO Patch need the "Dialog Topic - GREETINGS" record? I know that was in the original YUP v9.0 patches mod but I was under the impression that the game engine took care of that. Once again though, I could be wrong.

those records are merge by the engine when the game is started.

Almost done installing F&LNV. Only Bash tagging & patching and MCM settings to go. This game is beautiful after modding per your guide.

I am playing on 21:9 Utrawidescreen. I needed to increase FOV to 90 to compensate for a wider screen. 

I found a tweak that may be helpful for some users. When using higher FOV than 75, some rifle may clipped at the bottom of the screen when aiming in 1st person. You can fix it by changing fNeardistance from 5 to 4 in fallout.ini.   

Few questions

- Back on Nuka Cola machine's performance problem, I have problem only in exterior cell. I looked up Fallout Wikia regarding Nuka Cola machine's locations. Beside mod added machine in Goodsprings, I don't see them present in any other exterior locations. Am I right? I am thinking about just removing that machine in Goodsprings using FNVEdit and use the rest of the mod. I wonder if the mod added machines to other locations as well???

- I know that the MCM settings page is unfinished. Any important recommendation you guys want to add? 

- Do you guys play in hardcore mode?

Almost done installing F&LNV. Only Bash tagging & patching and MCM settings to go. This game is beautiful after modding per your guide.

I am playing on 21:9 Utrawidescreen. I needed to increase FOV to 90 to compensate for a wider screen. 

I found a tweak that may be helpful for some users. When using higher FOV than 75, some rifle may clipped at the bottom of the screen when aiming in 1st person. You can fix it by changing fNeardistance from 5 to 4 in fallout.ini.   

Few questions

- Back on Nuka Cola machine's performance problem, I have problem only in exterior cell. I looked up Fallout Wikia regarding Nuka Cola machine's locations. Beside mod added machine in Goodsprings, I don't see them present in any other exterior locations. Am I right? I am thinking about just removing that machine in Goodsprings using FNVEdit and use the rest of the mod. I wonder if the mod added machines to other locations as well???

- I know that the MCM settings page is unfinished. Any important recommendation you guys want to add? 

- Do you guys play in hardcore mode?

If you are playing for the first time I would suggest not to use the hardcore mode - unless you are used to playing with needs mods in Skyrim.

• +1 1

There aren't a ton of MCM menus that I left alone. Just make sure to setup CASM per your preferences.

Oh and I always play hardcore mode. It's not really that hardcore. I even put some MCM adjustments for PN that will make it a little tougher. The vanilla settings are pretty low, you can go about two whole days before Minor Sleep Deprivation kicks in. I make it so you'll need to find a place to sleep for a few hours, eat once or twice a day, and drink plenty of water. Also, the ammo doesn't weight that much as long as you offload the stuff you don't use. Just remember to buy the Bungalow, it's really cheap!

Does anyone know if helmets should be marked light, medium, or heavy? 

hmm can someone check if in hover dam all the ranger guarding the doors are looking at the door? I mean, they should be standing in the oposite directions. And about CASM configuration one time i activated the "reaching location" save and somehow when i put authority glasses the game start breaking and crashing. Have no idea what one thing can link the other but it stopped by dis-activating it. i try a couple times and it happen again. I have other mods then the ones in this guide but maybe someone could try.

What is the size of your FNVLODGen output folder when follow the guide? After running FNVLODGen, Mine is only 192MB and contains only texture folder. Is this correct? Aren't we suppose to have mesh in the output folder as well?

Edited by darkside

Mine is 518 MB and contains both textures and meshes. Have you remembered to install the FNVLODGen Resources file and move it above JIP NVSE Plugin in MO's left pane?

Ohh that's it!

I'll have to take care of that and the bashed patch when I get home.

Mine is 518 MB and contains both textures and meshes. Have you remembered to install the FNVLODGen Resources file and move it above JIP NVSE Plugin in MO's left pane?

I fixed it. I rerun the FNVLOD. I must forgot to copy the mesh folder to new MO mod folder.