Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Hey,

I’m at work so I can’t hyperlink the mods, but here are a few that we should look at. All are well made and may serve to help tweak the gameplay depending on what the player is looking for.:

Tweaks:

1. Puce Moose Tweak and Balance Center – Various difficulty and hardcore adjustments. From small things like halving all consumables in the world to making loose grenades missiles able to be shot and destroyed (resulting in, logically, explosions) to doubling hardcore rates and making food more difficult to ingest and everything in between.

2. Josh Sawyer’s Mod – Weapon adjustments, armor stat adjustments, consumable weight adjustments, karma adjustments, etc. Really useful for showing what direction the game was heading, given more time from the team to patch it. Personally, although it’s not in my load order at the moment, I consider it a must have and as essential of an unofficial patch as YUP.

3. Cirosan Classic Overhaul – Changes the structure of the game to allow for more roleplaying and less min-maxing. Makes the game more in line with the classic Fallouts

Fast Travel:

*A note about Bethesda games and Fast Travel – In my opinion, a system like Skyrim (with better fast travel mod) or Morrowind is much better than how fast travel was implemented in Oblivion, FO3, and FONV. Personally, I feel having the free ability to pop back and forth, for free, with zero consequence causes a game to be designed in such a way that it’s almost necessary to be used whereas not having that option forces the designers to make a game have, well, something to do between locations to motivate you not to fast travel. FONV suffers greatly from this issue. The main hub of the game is located incredibly far away several other objectives and, as this is the Mojave, there’s whole lotta empty space. Having to walk that far isn’t fun, it’s tedious. The below are a few options to make the game more bearable in this regard, fit in with the theme, won’t let you cheat, don’t let you fast travel from Goodsprings and go wherever, and are not game breaking no matter how hard core you’re going.

1. Mobile Truck Base – It’s gonna take work and some caps to get this monster going. Compatible with Sortomatic, this truck (or van, your choice on install) will hold your goods but requires fuel to travel. Currently can go to 23 different locations. Room for 2. Comes in a variety of colors.

2. Alternative Fast Travel – Speed-E Wheels Travel Systems – Do you like fast travel but wish it was less out of your hands and more of a taxi cab service? Here’s your answer. 11 different terminals that require you to either hack or repair to use, require funds to travel, and will speed you from the more popular spots in the Mojave. Can find free ride tokens as well, do additional hacking to disable the jingle or get an employee discount, and can also acquire a fast travel beacon that will let you have a onetime trip back to a location. The closest thing this game has to BFT in Skyrim.

3. Mojave Travel – A Fast Travel Alternative – Here we have the option for you to repair a bike and use it as your fast travel device. Requires regular maintenance, fuel, and must be fixed before you can begin using it. While MTB has limited locations but can carry all your junk, the bike here can travel to any of your fast travel locations but only has a storage space of 100. Full MCM customization options for your game playing needs.

Other:

1. Fellout/Western Skies – Might be an alternate option to Nevada Skies

2. Imaginator – Like ENB? Don’t want to run it due to performance issues? Here’s the closest you’re gonna get. Fantastic mod for adjusting lighting and plays nice with everything (from my experience).

3. Signature Weapons/Armor – Let’s say you like a weapon/armor piece. Let’s say, you want to use it indefinitely but don’t want to get murdered when you walk into an area that’s a bit more troublesome than your basic leather armor can handle. Introduces a system where you get better using a particular piece of equipment over and over again rather than just grabbing whatever is the best item in your inventory.

4. IMPACT – Already been mentioned before, but it looks great. Gonna take a little bit of work to get it running with everything else.

5. Bottle That Water – Drink water. Get empty bottle. Crouch at water source. Fills bottle with that type of water. No buggy nonsense.

6. Better Game Performance – Back when I was an idiot and used nothing but FOMM I always had this mod and noticed a solid boost in performance when it was loaded and never ran into any problems. It may not be needed with YUP’s fixes, but something to consider.

Hey - all of your unmanaged file BSAs should be ticked...  Mine show as ticked.

EDIT: In fact, every single .BSA file in that pane shows as ticked for me.

In short, TICK ALL THE THINGS!

Also +1 for Bottle That Water. There's a premade patch for PNV (and JSawyer) that the Bashed Patch will happily merge.

E: Okay, texture errors resolved. It was the BSAs thing. However, some NPCs - a merc and a traveling merchant - seem to have chosen to go all Panty Parade.

Edited by dragonshardz

Other than the BSAs that are automatically ticked and cannot be unticked, no. Should I have them ticked?

Here's what that pane looks like:

a83927e973.png

4a99379a97.png

Hey, you should extract the last four and tick the rest. I completely forgot about putting extraction instructions to those mods and put them in yesterday. Go back to that additional weapons page and the Yuki section. There is a hard cap on plugin loaded BSAs with MO and FNV. I always forget to put instructions because I install the mod and then test it before adding it to the guide so a couple days pass and I forget that it had a BSA when I installed it.

Hey, SRB, when I make a bashed patch I get a message, along with the list of merged patches, that a few mods cannot be merged due to No Merge tags and will be imported. Just to be clear, those still need to be activated, correct?

Hey, SRB, when I make a bashed patch I get a message, along with the list of merged patches, that a few mods cannot be merged due to No Merge tags and will be imported. Just to be clear, those still need to be activated, correct?

Leave those inactivated. NoMerge is a weird tag and I could explain it but it is a long explanation so just let bashed patch deactivate those and leave them unticked.

Leave those inactivated. NoMerge is a weird tag and I could explain it but it is a long explanation so just let bashed patch deactivate those and leave them unticked.

Can do, however when I do that the .357 has the weird weapon texture. Any thoughts?

Can do, however when I do that the .357 has the weird weapon texture. Any thoughts?

wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#357 Revolver Re-Retextured

That mod fixes the broken texture. The one if WRP is messed up, so you need the standalone version for just textures and meshes, no plugin.

OHe last mod for the night, Easy Lockpicking/Hacking/Pocket PickingPicking. The hacking and lock picking mimini games susk. ThiS makes the locks Still have the skill requirementrequirements, but makes the games super simple to bypass. Load after the bash patch.

Just wanted to add a couple of texture alternatives for the bots in the game:

Essentials Retex by weijiesen covers quite a few things aside from robots, but if you don't want the other textures, you can simply use MO's "hide" function. The packaging of the mod is sort of confusing, but if you only want the robot textures, you only need the Volume 3 file. The textures include Eyebots, Mister Gutsy, Mister Handy, Mounted Sentry Turret, Protectron, Robobrain, Sentry Bot and Sentry Turrets. Hat tip to Kelmych for this one as it's part of his great FO3 guide, Clear and Present Danger.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/6402/?

Macintroll has the high resolution solution for Victor and all his brothers: Securitron Hires retexture

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50377/?

Enjoy.

I'm having an issue with SRB's additional weapons no cheat. In step 6 it says ..

4. Expand Worldspace->Block -1, 0

5. Right click on Sub-Block 2, 0 and select "Remove"

There is no Sub-Block 2, 0. When I expand Block -1, 0 I see "Sub-Block -3, 0". Also the actual path looks like this Worldspace->00DA726->Block -1, 0->Sub-Block -3, 0

I'm having an issue with SRB's additional weapons no cheat. In step 6 it says ..

4. Expand Worldspace->Block -1, 0

5. Right click on Sub-Block 2, 0 and select "Remove"

There is no Sub-Block 2, 0. When I expand Block -1, 0 I see "Sub-Block -3, 0". Also the actual path looks like this Worldspace->00DA726->Block -1, 0->Sub-Block -3, 0

You are correct. I just haven't updated it but I think it is still sub block 2,0.

I just updated the instructions. It should be better now. I think I just rushed through it or something when putting it in. It should be that if you expand all the way down you'll get to Novac and there should be placed objects at the bottom leaf. Delete that Sub-Block.