Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Okay I figured it out, but it's more work than before. Still not a crazy amount though. Should be easy enough for even the empty headed.

Just have to delete the Error in the FormID Lists. I think it requires FNVEdit to be restarted though, so it takes a few extra minutes to prevent Doc Mitchell from becoming the next Waco, TX.

In my experience if the game loads but freezes/crashes right before the main menu, it means that one of your .esp's could have gotten corrupted somehow. If this is the case, it would be most likely from merging. I would uncheck your merged mods one by one and load the game and see if that works. If not then it might be an ENB issue. Try removing the d3d9.dll from your NV folder and place it on the desktop. Load the game and see if it runs. Check those and if neither of those things work we can go from there. 

I also recommend starting a post in the Troubleshooting thread if the issue persists. 

I don't use ENB right now - not enough GPU power - but I'll try the thing with the merged mods. Thanks. Based on SRB's post just below yours, I'll start with the weapon mods and go from there.

E: I lied, I started by taking a look at the updated instructions for merging the additional weapons ESPs and removed the FormID errors as suggested. Voila, it works!

Edited by dragonshardz

I don't use ENB right now - not enough GPU power - but I'll try the thing with the merged mods. Thanks. Based on SRB's post just below yours, I'll start with the weapon mods and go from there.

E: I lied, I started by taking a look at the updated instructions for merging the additional weapons ESPs and removed the FormID errors as suggested. Voila, it works!

Oh you must of just did the merges the last day or two. I apologize for that, since I just assumed that deleting the Cell record would not mess up the Form lists, but I was wrong and did not test it out like I should have. All the pages are up to date though and I have played with everything for about 5 hours already, so it shouldn't cause any issues now.

Just a quick update. I've been testing a few mods and couple of the tiny ones were added. One was an old fix I had from a while ago that I forgot about, it's also added to the nexus. The other was a shovel retex. Yesterday I snuck a couple files from Textures Over Time into the install instructions. All those files can be added with worrying about messing up an exist game. Rerun the bashed patch for the OWB Sonic Emitter fix so that plugin can be merged.

More coming!

"

1. Added Dead Money - More and Better Crafted Knives to Yuki Gameplay Tweaks section.
  2. Added Sentry Bot Toy Attacks to Yuki Gameplay Tweaks section.
    • Both of the above mods have been adding the merging instructions for the Yuki Gameplay Tweaks."

BTW, EssArrBee, the mods above are missing from the part of the merging instructions where you run the FNVEdit merge plugin and select the .esps to merge from the list of loaded .esps.

Oh you must of just did the merges the last day or two. I apologize for that, since I just assumed that deleting the Cell record would not mess up the Form lists, but I was wrong and did not test it out like I should have. All the pages are up to date though and I have played with everything for about 5 hours already, so it shouldn't cause any issues now.

Yup, everything is working a-OK.

1. In the right pane each of the FormID Lists that end in 'Forms' should have errors in their list that look like: [FormID Here] < Error: Could not be resolved >
  2. Each of those errors should be removed, right click on each one and select "Remove".

This part of the guide for removing the guns from Doc Mitchell's house doesn't make sense.  I think I know why.  This part needs to be mentioned after going through each of the merged mods and moving the .ESPs to optional... Then you have to go back into FNVEdit and only load up the merged .ESP file.  Otherwise the merged mod in FNVEdit does not give the same error messages.

EDIT: either that, or change it to say what it says at that time, which was something like "[REF blah blah blah]" or something... (I forget what it said for those lines... but they mentioned Doc Mitchell in them and started with "[REF" I think)

Edited by oqhansoloqo

1. In the right pane each of the FormID Lists that end in 'Forms' should have errors in their list that look like: [FormID Here] < Error: Could not be resolved >
  2. Each of those errors should be removed, right click on each one and select "Remove".

This part of the guide for removing the guns from Doc Mitchell's house doesn't make sense.  I think I know why.  This part needs to be mentioned after going through each of the merged mods and moving the .ESPs to optional... Then you have to go back into FNVEdit and only load up the merged .ESP file.  Otherwise the merged mod in FNVEdit does not give the same error messages.

Yeah, I tried it last night and the errors appeared, but it may be different for some people. I'll just add to close and reopen FNVEdit with just the merged mod, since it will load fast.

EssArrBee - got any FNVEdit ideas for changing the location of the M24E1 mod from Goodsprings to somewhere else?  I think it would potentially be a cool prize to obtain from the stash or personal possession of some enemy somewhere - it would be fitting if it was in the possession of someone proficient with that type of weapon in a location that has a wide open area from which the enemy can shoot.  Do you know how to modify the records to do something like that (and remove its container in Goodsprings)?

BTW - any luck with finding the Goodsprings slowdown cause for the crossbow mod?

No clue. It is probably an Actor reference in a persistent worldspace location, but I wouldn't really know.

EssArrBee - got any FNVEdit ideas for changing the location of the M24E1 mod from Goodsprings to somewhere else?  I think it would potentially be a cool prize to obtain from the stash or personal possession of some enemy somewhere - it would be fitting if it was in the possession of someone proficient with that type of weapon in a location that has a wide open area from which the enemy can shoot.  Do you know how to modify the records to do something like that (and remove its container in Goodsprings)?

There is a script that lets you relocate stuff from one place to another, but I've never used it. Just Apply Script and go through the list of scripts to find. As for a good spot, I'd say maybe Dead Wind Cavern. The Legendary Deathclaw is in there so it's pretty hard to get to loot. I think there is some really nice loot in there too like power armor. 

Yeah, if it was inside it would make more sense.  Also, if in that location it should be something you have to steal.

EDIT: Just read this from someone on that mod's Nexus forum: "Very nice rifle. I added a vanilla sniper rifle silencer, switched it to .300 Win Mag (CaliberX), and dropped it on a Powder Ganger in the tower of the prison. Thanks for the hard work!"

Edited by oqhansoloqo