Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I'm sorry if it's not the correct topic to suggest mods ^^ but i would like to recommend adding this one : https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55334
I'm using the latest version of the STEP project (which latest update was December 24, 2014) and installed some mods after it (this one is the last I've installed so far), i tried the game and it seems to work correctly (i precise that i JUST launched a saved game to see if the mod works, and it did). Anyway i think it adds more realism ^^
btw i don't know if this mod have been suggested before, if so then don't look at this post :D

I'm sorry if it's not the correct topic to suggest mods ^^ but i would like to recommend adding this one : https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55334

I'm using the latest version of the STEP project (which latest update was December 24, 2014) and installed some mods after it (this one is the last I've installed so far), i tried the game and it seems to work correctly (i precise that i JUST launched a saved game to see if the mod works, and it did). Anyway i think it adds more realism ^^

btw i don't know if this mod have been suggested before, if so then don't look at this post :D

I just started a new playthrough and this is one of the mods I'm testing. I really, really like it so far. It has support for WAR, so as soon as I figure out the bug I'm having with WAR and some two handed rifles I will probably add that mod.

Thanks for the suggestion, I always welcome them plus any other feedback, criticism, death threats, money, or mail order brides.  ::P:

Have found a few issues I suspect are IMPACT related.

1) Most of the Primm residents stuck in the Vikki and Vance are walking around gunless, though looking like they have them drawn, in the case of the one I found with a missing magnum. The ones supposedly with rifles just look like they have no gun at all. Resurrecting them fixes it. Checking their inventory though, even after resurrection, they have no gun, just ammo and cases.

2) Definitely needs some bash tags, given all its patch plugins roll into the bashed patch.

Edited by Nozzer66

Another thing I noticed, having a quick look in FNVEdit, was that some of the sound effects mods overwrites IMPACT's sounds and a few other things, given usual LOOT sort order.

Will need to look at that as well.

I have another 4 day weekend and might have a closer look at the whole patch you suggest above SRB. 

Hello all. I finished following the guide through earlier this month and have a complete install done.  To give you an understanding of my setup it is F&L as of 8th Dec (i.e. when new vegas redesigned was added back in).  I've also added several of the mods since then in (e.g. beyond boulder dome) and the essarbees suggested weapons. I've not added in the new Yuki mods (purely because I don't want to fiddle around making a new merge patch.  I've not added a single additional mod and the install was completely clean at the start.  I've sorted using Loot only with the additional sorting instructions advised in the guide

Few questions if people have time to answer them

1) how "complete" is the guide?  I know a lot of these guides are never really finished tinkering with but I was wondering how comlete EssArrBee feels the guide is. I've noticed you talking about a mod called impact and some others?  Any of these or other mods you are thinking of adding that will change fundamental gameplay?  Reason I ask is I'm planning on starting a playthrough and would like to finalise a load order I'm not going to tinker with too much once it's done so if you are planning a lot of changes or additions over the next week/month then I'll hold off starting my playthrough to get the full F&L experience :)

2) I Have a problem with some (not all) trees where the LOD is loading locally so they look pretty terrible. I've checked Vurt's page and he suggests this can be caused by using "LOD in 8192x4096 by MrDeathKill" but I used the Ojo Bueno files as instructed in the guide.  Has anyone else had a problem similar to this and if so how was it solved?  I've tried launching with the Ojo Bueno LOD turned off (since installed it separately as advised) but didn't make a difference.  

3) I know you say your MCM settings are incomplete but I'd be interested to know if/when these will be and what else you plan to tweak?  I'd also be interested if anyone could share screens of how they have their HUD setup or what shortuts they prefer to use.  Obviously with so many different mods and commands and with the limitations of the way the mod menus are setup (i.e. you can't see all the shortcuts for everyone on one screen to my knowledge) I'd like to use an existing setup someone plays with then tweak it instead of trying to start from scratch.

4) I like the look of the millenia mods and the others you have suggested however am not a fan of the way they all are available around Doc Mitchells house.  I guess the question is two parts a) are these weapons also in the level lists so they'll appear used by NPC's in game or as loot/available to buy or are they only found here and you have to take them or not and b) If they are on the levelled lists can they be removed from Doc Mitchells house?  Obviously if A is true then I can just avoid temptation and pretend they aren't there.  The same goes for the other weapons added like the gauss pistol from a few days ago.

5) Do you plan to have a preferred ENB or does anyone have a guide and suggestion as to how to get it to work with the guide (e.g. which mods need to be reinstalled with ENB specific setups etc)

Think thats everything guide was pretty clear.  One bit of feedback though obviously with all the merge mods there is a lot of creating mod from the Overrite folder. However on several occasions this folder also have other files in from the UI etc.  wasn't really sure what to do with these so just kept copying them back to Overrite.  Not sure if that was right or not but it might be worth clarifying this in the guide (unless it is and I missed it?)

1)version v.8

I may be adding some more energy weapons to the additional weapons today. That is where I'm adding stuff right now.

Also, going to start testing new weather and lighting soon. Nevada skies is fine for now if you do a playthrough.

2)play with the different LODs and see what works. It can be tricky.

3) they are pretty much done. Everything not there is probably meant to be left alone.

4)a)yes, but most start at high levels. The trench gun starts pretty low. They can also be bought.

B)open the merged plugin in FNVEdit and delete the cell and worldspace stuff for doc Mitchell's house.

Leave any non Millenia weapons alone. Gauss pistol is the only easy one.

5)no. I was going to but got lazy about it. Try Enhanced Shaders neutral version, it works with vision modes/cateye.

Sorry about formatting, I'm on my phone.

No worries thats a damn site better formatting that *I* get when I try to type on my phone!  Thanks for coming back so quickly.  I won't bother editing the worldspace don't want to risk screwing it up.  LOD stuff when you say play witht he different LOD's what do you mean? It can wait until you are home or someone else to answer don't worry.

No worries thats a damn site better formatting that *I* get when I try to type on my phone! Thanks for coming back so quickly. I won't bother editing the worldspace don't want to risk screwing it up. LOD stuff when you say play witht he different LOD's what do you mean? It can wait until you are home or someone else to answer don't worry.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

I'm not sure what you meant though? I installed the Ojo bueno ones as you suggested for floral overhaul but still have the issue.  do you mean I should try others as the instructions might not be right (or might not be right for me for some reason)? If so what others should I try?  vurts FAQ just says to not use the one i stated.

I'm not sure what you meant though? I installed the Ojo bueno ones as you suggested for floral overhaul but still have the issue. do you mean I should try others as the instructions might not be right (or might not be right for me for some reason)? If so what others should I try? vurts FAQ just says to not use the one i stated.

Try the other LODs and see if they work for you. No harm at trying them since they just textures.

EssArrBee, do you have a "compatible - WIP" version of IMCNNV ? i've tried to make it compatible with the other mods (major conflicts are with PN [for food] and YUP [for chems] at least that's what i noticed so far), btw i've read somewhere (lol) that you're planning to add it in the pack, and was wondering if i can have an "earlier" compatible version (of course if you made one).

EssArrBee, do you have a "compatible - WIP" version of IMCNNV ? i've tried to make it compatible with the other mods (major conflicts are with PN [for food] and YUP [for chems] at least that's what i noticed so far), btw i've read somewhere (lol) that you're planning to add it in the pack, and was wondering if i can have an "earlier" compatible version (of course if you made one).

You have to turn off one of modules from PN to get IMCNNV to work. I believe it's the Rebalance module.