No Snow Under the Roof (by Prometheus)

Allsunday

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51188/?

I haven't tested the mod whatsoever, but looking at the comparison photos on the mod page, this mod appears to be a graphical improvement that makes structures in snowy areas logically look more realistic.

can a moderator erase this thread? I did a search for the mod prior to posting and didn't find anyone talking about it... now I see a message at the bottom of this editing page that says that there is another similar posting.

The main thing to keep in mind is that this is a HUGE step in the right direction. Way better than Bethesda implementation even at it's early stages. I don't see why one would have an issue with this mod when it's quite brilliant, even with a harsh transition or two (don't pretend to ignore all the harsh transitions Bethesda created themselves with meshes and the like).

The new update has added nordic temple structures with 3D snow. Looks incredible.

Posted Image

There are only meshes in his mod so I suppose you'll textures from other mods. I have no file conflict with a full STEP plus some thingies installed.

Plus, as all files from the main version are overwritten by the DG version I suppose you should only use one? xD I just fail too much, pay no mind to me

Supposedly their is a conflict between this and Better Dynamic Snow (not really sure what the specifics are). Author wants to reach SparrowPrince about getting compatibility in but says he can't reach him through nexus. If anyone knows SparrowPrince and can contact him I'm sure the author + community would be appreciative.

The Better Dynamic Snow (BDS) incompatibility issue isn't so bad because BDS is no longer part of STEP Core or STEP Extended. There is an alternative mod to use instead of BDS anyway: Snow Shader Fix (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51495/?). Supposedly there are some issues with that mod and they are being investigated, but it is a much simpler and less invasive mod than BDS. Supposedly Snow Shader Fix is compatible with No Snow Under the Roof, and it gets rid of the awful-looking white paint (YES!).