Order My Items by alexbull_uk

rootsrat

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51733/?

A very neat mod IMHO. It allows you to order some items from merchants if they haven't got it in their inventory and is pretty configurable. 

This is a simple mod that allows you to "order" items from vendors instead of waiting for merchant inventories to re-spawn, hopping all around Skyrim to catch every shop, or just plain cheating. When you choose an item and quantity, you'll be charged a small (configurable!) fee and then, after a (configurable!) stocking time the vendor will have your order in their inventory, ready for purchase.

Currently, you can buy all the vanilla ingots from blacksmiths, and all the ingredients that are classified as rare from alchemists. More vendor types and items will be added, but I need to know what people want. Leave a comment and let me know what you want to be able to order!

Here's a little review.

New version 1.2:

Added optional courier service. Players can have their items delivered!

Added armour to the list of available items. Purchased as full sets only, and no faction specific armour.

Changed stocking time from a fixed value to min/max sliders with randomized final stocking time.

Courier service has converted me :p What is the script load of this mod? (if there is any at all) Even though it is a very nice idea, it's still a convenience mod.

I was about to say ores and ingredients were not really enough to make it worthwhile. But armor sets change that. Going to the blacksmith and asking him to craft you a set of armor is great - and more realistic than browsing armors are us. The courier idea is cool - not sure if I prefer it.

What I would really like to see is a crafting service - wizards who would enchant your gear or smiths who would temper it. It would negate the need for the Hero to be a master smith and master enchanter and let him concentrate on heroically dispatching dragons and other fell beasts.

What I would really like to see is a crafting service - wizards who would enchant your gear or smiths who would temper it. It would negate the need for the Hero to be a master smith and master enchanter and let him concentrate on heroically dispatching dragons and other fell beasts.

I believe he is taking requests so it's a matter of talking to him and asking nicely :p But tempering/enchanting quality would be hard to regulate, you shouldnt have legenday items at level 1, so it would be by your highest combat level? (smithing regulated by highest of 1h/2h/archery, enchant by the highest of illusion, alteration, etc.) Warriors would still have pretty bad enchanted items though.

Maybe somewhere between 1.25 and 1.5 would be more balanced, as items crafted by others should be of lower quality (while at 50 you would have a maxed out self-crafted sword - if you want to do it right, do it yourself :p) and yes, exponential cost would be the right way, not that it would impact much as you usually have tons of money by 50's!

I'll try to talk to the author and point him to this thread.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm currently thinking of the best ways to improve OMI and custom enchants/tempering is something I like the idea of.

Problem is, I have no idea at all how to do it. Currently, purchasing items is simple. The game just retrieves your item based on its ID - my issue is that tempered items and enchanted items don't have specific IDs, so I'm not sure what to do. If anyone could point me to some help, it would be much appreciated. 

Edited by alexbull_uk

@alexbull_uk

The new build of SKSE (1.7.0) includes a CreateEnchantment function that allows adding enchantments to items, along with new functions to detect these kinds of created enchantments, and player-enchantments (which was never possible before). There have been functions to detect/apply "normal" enchantments already in the present SKSE build. There are also some functions to detect the strength of tempered items. You might want to take a look at WornObject.psc and ObjectReference.psc in the newest SKSE archive to see what's all available. Drop me a line or leave a message in the Mod Authors forum if you want to follow up.

• +1 1

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm currently thinking of the best ways to improve OMI and custom enchants/tempering is something I like the idea of.

Problem is, I have no idea at all how to do it. Currently, purchasing items is simple. The game just retrieves your item based on its ID - my issue is that tempered items and enchanted items don't have specific IDs, so I'm not sure what to do. If anyone could point me to some help, it would be much appreciated. 

Welcome to the community, Alexbull, good to see you here :) If you send a message to z929669 on Nexus to confirm your identity (standard procedure), you'll get a nice Mod Author's badge here on STEP.

Enjoy your stay!

Match this with Alternative Crafting System and you got a nice way to get stuff taken care of without a forge.

ACS did have a point, are all blacksmiths able to smith every type of armor or did you take into account their actual/lore-based skill? (like eorlund being the best, so he's the only one who can smith ebony/dragon). I'm sorry if it is very evident ingame as I can't test it out, in the middle of a new install :/

ACS did have a point, are all blacksmiths able to smith every type of armor or did you take into account their actual/lore-based skill? (like eorlund being the best, so he's the only one who can smith ebony/dragon). I'm sorry if it is very evident ingame as I can't test it out, in the middle of a new install :/

I know it has some mcm menu options to adjust things to fit lore.