Quality Snow HD 4K (by Yuril)

Octopuss

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it before and I'll say it again. This is the best looking snow mod that I've ever seen.

In terms of the blue, only the first few screenshots look blue, so it was probably just the lighting.

What res are you using?

I WOULD use 4 res. I'm at work and I won't be home until tomorrow afternoon. I'm just looking at the screenshots. I should have been specific. Judging by the screenshots...this mod is the best looking one that I have ever seen, haha. 

If someone wants to test them out in game (octopuss, looking at you), can you test it with and without terrain bump to see which is better? I might just straight swap this in for HQ Snow.

I can't test anything until I get my goddamn graphic card :D

I am looking at the texture files and they totally different (in terms of the textures, not file names) from HQ Snow. I can't comment on what exactly I see though, because I don't really understand how textures work.

I really like the difference on snow on grass for example.

I can't test anything until I get my goddamn graphic card :D

I am looking at the texture files and they totally different (in terms of the textures, not file names) from HQ Snow. I can't comment on what exactly I see though, because I don't really understand how textures work.

I really like the difference on snow on grass for example.

Yea, wow. The detail in that is great. Are those the two snowongrass textures or whatever they're called?

Also, if these are clearly different than vanilla then no, I wouldn't suggest putting this before Terrain Bump...that might look weird.

Like so many other snow textures this one also fails in a few areas for me!

Most vitally the transition between road snow and snow is too sharp, it really is something that annoys me so I always look for that first.

Also I find it a bit weird that it looks like the stones are into the snow on road rather then out of the snow.

Also a few other funny issues with it that I do not want to get into since then I have to go make screenshots etc. And I do not feel like that right now!

What I do like about it is the color and the general detail level, which is quite nice, and actually fit me better then what I use currently. (Cabals, and only because it has the least amount of transition visibility of all I have tried.)

Guess I should try to manually edit my snow color a bit.

diffuse maps here are imo great...i'm a fan of yuril works and this release did not disappoint my expectations.

transparencies could be "smarter", this is true .

a quick way to fix could be to download 4k package...open textures in photoshop or gimp, replace alpha channels with beth hi res dlc alphas , or mine ... are not much different, resize to 2k or 1k and save as dxt5... quality loss in this way for diffuse is minimal and transitions softer.