A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Finally a good reason to update to ETaC 11 from 8  ::):

ETaC 11 is like a 1000x greater than any ETaC version before it tbh. Each town now has consistent acrhitecture, the FPS loss is much less, I no longer regularly crash around Dawnstar and in general it fits much better to vanilla Skyrim. I guess a lot of this is due to CJ's affair with Jenna :PCJ, do you know which city will be the next one covered by ETaC? Edited by Nearox

Morthal is getting redone (ETA 2 weeks), it'll have consistent building styles and will be less performance hungry (not that it particularly is at the moment, quite the contrary)

Riften is in the works (no ETA, just ideas at the moment)

Shor's Stone won't be done until some of the major cities are covered.

And as far as patches go, the backlog seems to be empty, except for a mod called shadows which is apparently a PITA.

And I don't actually have anything to do with the mod itself, except for some suggestions (like the Aylied museum to replace the late dwemer ruins). I don't want to interfere with Jénna's creativity. ::P:

ETaC 11 is like a 1000x greater than any ETaC version before it tbh.

I absolutely agree with this. ETaC is just getting better and better. I've only been playing modded Skyrim for 2 months now and think about the ETaC changes in that short time. Winterhold added, EWDR compat, removed, updated and added again. Dawnstar slimmed down. Falkreath trimmed down. New textures all round. Patches everywhere. CJ and Jenna are amazing!

Can you not get her to change the new textures of Dawnstar a bit so they look more washed out? They are way too smooth in my opinion, and a bit too pinky :D

I'll tell her, if I remember. But you should post that in the suggestions thread of ETaC nonetheless.

CJ - Thanks again for a great pack. I am using SRLE including Touring carriage with REGS. Is there a big different between Touring carriage and Better Fast Travel. Is there any problem using BFT instead of Touring carriage with SRLE? Thanks.

No, no problems whatsoever.The difference is that BFT adds more places you can travel to/from, whereas Touring Carriages keeps the vanilla locations, but makes you travel in real time. Edited by CJ2311
  • +1 1

Hey all.  I finally finished navigating my way through REGS and morrowloot modular overhaul and now have STEP extended, SRLE, MMO and REGS set up and ready to run.  I've done a few test runs for stability and it works great and looks absolutely amazing.  You guys (?) (I know CJ is the man with the plan but I haven't caught up on the full 76 pages of REGS forum reading yet so I don't know who all is involved with this project) have done an amazing, amazing job.  I can't praise this enough.  This, together with the previously mentioned packs, have made skyrim a visually stunning marvel to die in.  Repeatedly.  Death, over and over and over again...MMO is soooo tough.   ::D:

I'm with Teabag, and, judging by the lack of endorsements, we might be the only two who thinks Nesbit's TPOS series is really, really good.  Especially whiterun and the new dawnstar, which is a huge addition for being such a small add on.  I'm also using Skyrim Bridges and use BFT instead of Touring Carriages to make it work and I also left out Provincial Courier Service, which, in my opinion, is a small price to pay for nesbits whiterun and skyrim bridges.  Nesbits "Bandits Monsters Dragons and Assassins" is also great but probably doesn't fit into the scheme of this pack.

That's just my preference though.  I can't thank you guys enough for putting this together.  Absolutely outstanding job!

Edited by cstarkey42

Just saw REGS guide update

Warning Small|Mod Organizer users should not unpack the BSA files unless they know what they're doing. Some mods containing both BSA and loose files might not be installed properly if auto unpacking is on.

What mods has both BSA and loose files?

Thank you very much. 

The 2 mods that I was thinking of when I wrote that are Expanded Towns and Cities (which will always use the custom meshes if you unpack the bsa over the loose files) and Interesting NPCs (which will use old voices and scripts that are in the BSA). But there might be others, I don't really know.

• +1 1

The 2 mods that I was thinking of when I wrote that are Expanded Towns and Cities (which will always use the custom meshes if you unpack the bsa over the loose files) and Interesting NPCs (which will use old voices and scripts that are in the BSA). But there might be others, I don't really know.

Thanks, I didn't realize that and must have missed that line in the REGS setup.  I'll be sure to adjust my MO settings so those mods use the bsa.

Thanks,CJ - If anyone know any other mods, please let me know.

Has anyone here tried MadFrenchie's New Markarth Adventures (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=261303267 ) yet?  I know it's still a beta, though he says it's "perfectly stable" so I was just wondering if anybody decided to give it a go.  Someone commented on it a few pages back but nothing more was really said.  It looks fantastic, especially given that Markarth is in dire need of a make over.

I'm curious, have started your playthrough yet, cstarkey? You've said you've tested for stability but I understand you have set up a STEP/REGS/MMO profile? That's a lot of mods already and you seem keen to keep adding more and more, which is perfectly fine of course, but I'm curious to know when you'll consider you're good to go and play.  :lol: