A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

In what order does LOOT order you Inconcequential NPC, CRF patch and Provincial Courier? Provincial is the last of the three in my LO and WhiterunLocation 18a56 ihas some MAJOR compatibility issues. PCS doesn't actually add anything to the Location other than a Reference Cell Encounter Cell. Could you take a look at this CJ? I think it is safe to patch it in my general patch, but an expert opinion never hurt.. Also. neither PCS nor the IncCRF patch carry USKP's CWSiegeDisableFastTravelTriggerWhiterun, which isn't a problem for me since I don't actually use fast travel, but still.. 

Edited by phryxolydian

For me, the LOOT order goes like this:

Inconsequential NPCs

InconNpc-CRF patch

<20 or so other mods>

Provincial Courier

One thing to keep in mind is that Location sub-records are auto-forwarded...you don't have to carry forward edits to those if they are just adding things.

Edited by noobzor

One thing to keep in mind is that Location sub-records are auto-forwarded...you don't have to carry forward edits to those if they are just adding things.

That is true for many, but not all, subrecords of the LCTN records. There are also other record types with location in the name (e.g., XLCN) that are not forwarded, so some care must be used.

The 3.7 Hearthfire version of Better Fast Travel no longer has the HF at the end of the esp name. The ETaC patch is still looking for the original Master name.

edit: nm, dont think I was looking at the correct item.

Edited by gpthree

The 3.7 Hearthfire version of Better Fast Travel no longer has the HF at the end of the esp name. The ETaC patch is still looking for the original Master name.

edit: nm, dont think I was looking at the correct item.

No, I had this same problem and manually edited the name of the .esp.

Did you find a version on the Better Fast Travel page that included the HF at the end?

Can anyone recommend a good lighting mod (no enb) that's compatible with REGS? I notice in TES5EDIT that most lighting mods seem to overwrite some worldspace data for quests and locations. Does this break them? 

I'm about to add Fight Against the Thalmore to my play through. Quick question should I add them all (1,3,4) at once or complete 1 then install 3, etc.

Also I would like to download Granite Hall and Sea of Ghosts but they are on Steam. The STEP download instructions are only for MO and at this stage I am still using NMM. Any advice? Thanks

In case anyone is interested, here's the ETaC - Wet and Cold Holidays patch (For modular and complete versions)

CJ, does this get all of the seasonal/festival objects that appear to be placed correctly - such as strings of flags are again attached to the corners of buildings instead of floating? Also - are there any other REGS mods you can think of which would "break" the placement of those temporarily added objects?

I was looking at the CRF patch for Inconsequential NPCs with TES5Edit and I don't understand the purpose of a lot of what it edits. It reverts a lot of records added by CRF back to the Skyrim.esm version (e.g., XLSR Location Reference records, some faction ownership records, some object bounds records) for the temporary item and militia objects it edits. It changes a Navmesh record from the CRF version back to a USKP version. The plugin has the right date but the file name is version 1.0 vs. 1.1 (which could be inadvertent, of course).

Yeah, I asked ripple about that because I was curious.  His reasons seemed sound to me, and I think he made good changes.

Ripple gives a lot of thought to everything he does, and really knows his stuff. In essence, because both CRF and InconNPCs are making similar changes to the Thalmor Embassy using somewhat different methods - which result in a bit of duplication and "overcrowding", the patch needs to revert some things CRF does back to vanilla state so that the InconNPC changes are the one ones applied.

It's probably really important to note here that this patch definitely should NOT be cleaned for ITMs in TES5Edit, because that will "break" some of the things it does in reverting some records to vanilla state. 

(Note to mod authors and patch makers - there are tricks to "trick" TES5Edit into not recognizing intentional ITMs, such as giving a record an Editor ID (EDID) if it didn't have one in the vanilla record, or possibly by changing the position of an object by 0.0001 - which wouldn't be noticed in game.)

That is true for many, but not all, subrecords of the LCTN records. There are also other record types with location in the name (e.g., XLCN) that are not forwarded, so some care must be used.

Both my post on the forums here and Arthmoor's post on the AFK Mods Forums have the full list of LCTN sub-record types that get forwarded and don't need patching, so print it out on a small card as a "cheat sheet."  phryxolydian - I'm looking at you...  :;): 

@Kuldebar:Hmmm, let's just say that's an easter egg for BFT users? ::P:@phryxolydian:I don't see any record that needs forwarding in there. Everything should be handled automatically by the game, including the Reference Cell Encounter. (Don't forget that Arthmoor created that mod as well as CRF)@gpthree, Asyrin:I've put a link at the end of the previous page to a patch that works with BFT 3.7 (HF and non HF versions), grab that instead.

I'm about to add Fight Against the Thalmore to my play through. Quick question should I add them all (1,3,4) at once or complete 1 then install 3, etc.

You can install and do them in whatever order you want, they're not dependent on each other.

Also I would like to download Granite Hall and Sea of Ghosts but they are on Steam. The STEP download instructions are only for MO and at this stage I am still using NMM. Any advice? Thanks

- Subscribe to the mod(s) on Steam Workshop.- Open the game launcher to download them.- Open the Data folder.- Move the .esp and .bsa files corresponding to the mod(s) you've downloaded to another folder.- Unsubscribe from the mod(s).- Move the .esp and .bsa files back to the Data folder.Or, alternatively: Uninstall NMM and start using MO ::P:

CJ, does this get all of the seasonal/festival objects that appear to be placed correctly - such as strings of flags are again attached to the corners of buildings instead of floating? Also - are there any other REGS mods you can think of which would "break" the placement of those temporarily added objects?

Yeah, that's what the patch is for. Note that I didn't add any new decorations, just moved the old ones to stop the horrible clipping. (and disabled a couple ropes in some cases where the building were too far away from one another for it to be fixable quickly)
  • +1 2

PSA: The main file for Interesting NPCs v3.06 on the nexus is corrupt at the moment. (The update is fine, however)

Also, REGS update:

Version 3.4.1

REGS - Patches Update:

[*]Updated the REGS + Interesting NPCs Patch for 3DNPC 3.06. [*]Updated the REGS + Cutting Room Floor Patch. [*]Updated the replacer for Dawn of Windhelm 1.1.

@gpthree, Asyrin:I've put a link at the end of the previous page to a patch that works with BFT 3.7 (HF and non HF versions), grab that instead. 

It was a weird issue with NMM that had me scratching my head and prompted my post about the esp name. I installed your patch over the ETaC patch so the master requirements still showed the - HF named esp for some reason, but when I closed NMM and reopened the correct master name showed.

Thanks for the quick updates, I'm loving REGS.