A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Hey all,

Firstly, thanks CJ for what looks like an excellent pack.  I just discovered it from references in the ETaC Nexus thread.  I've kind of been rolling my own up until now - I built a STEP:Core + SkyRe setup a year or so ago, then came back to the game a few weeks ago and since then have been throwing in loads of extra mods without following any particular packs.  Mostly working OK so far, but I see several interesting mods on this pack (and some on SRLE too) that I want to start using, so I think I'm going to start again with a new MO profile, based on REGS + SRLE, so I can benefit from the patches and all, and then try and throw in my preferred extra mods in on top of that.

I actually came to this thread to find out why Dawn of Whiterun wasn't included - I see my timing was good, as it's been discussed quite recently! :)

I guess if a number of people are having perf problems, then it's not going to go in and that's fair enough.  But I'll just add my own experience which is that I've experienced none whatsoever.  Now maybe my definition of performance doesn't match everyone's.  I have a MSI factory-overclocked NVidia GTX 760 2GB gfx card, running on a 4-year old Intel quad core i7 which I've overclocked to 4Ghz.

In Skyrim, I use the Nexus top-rated ENB plugin - RealVision ENB, running at 1920x1080 at ultra quality, with a lot of texture replacers (mostly everything on STEP and a few more I've added myself).   I've set up ENB adaptive quality targetting 30 fps and I've also set the ENB frame limiter at 30fps.  Indoors and in towns, I am pretty much always at 30 fps (indoors it would go to around 40 if I removed the limiter.)  In exterior cells, it's more like an average of 27 or so.  As long as it's over 24 fps, I'm happy.  Even then I do sometimes get very brief drops to 10 fps when I'm panning the camera, but I don't care as long as it doesn't last more than a second or two, which it never does.  I appreciate that not everyone might be happy with such performance drops.

My point in all this is that Dawn of Whiterun is a rock solid 30 fps for me the whole time.  And I noticed no FPS change before and after installing Dawn.  

So to anyone who's read this thread and not tried Dawn of Whiterun because of the comments, I do suggest you at least try it for yourself - at least if you have a 2GB gfx card and use ENBoost.   I can say that at least in my experience on such a system (and bearing in mind I'm running a fairly heavy ENB setup), Dawn of Whiterun was no drop in FPS at all really.  And *well* worth it - it's a wonderful overhaul.  (Someone mentioned the clutter getting knocked about a bit - that does happen, true.  But the author has said she's aware of that and working on improving it for upcoming versions, making more objects static or whatever the right term is.)  

I have one question while I'm here.  Well, probably first of many :)  Is there a reason why STEP:REGS, and actually maybe all of STEP, is still using BOSS and not LOOT?   Since I came back to Skyrim a few weeks ago, I switched to LOOT, and it has seemed pretty wonderful.  I was getting increasingly huge lists of "Unrecognised plugins" out of BOSS.  And just the principle of 'intelligent' sorting - that actually reads what the plugins do rather than rely on a static ordering list - is attractive.

I do realise that following a STEP guide handles that, with specific placement of unrecognised mods.  And certainly LOOT auto sorting is not always correct - I've had to manually move a few things around.  But that manual re-ordering can be done with LOOT as well.

So is there any reason why LOOT is still not preferable?  Any reason I should consider switching back to BOSS when following STEP guides?

(Apologies if that's been covered somewhere obvious - I did Google, but haven't found any STEP-specific responses as to why BOSS is still used.  In general the advice I have read re LOOT is to switch to it.)

Thanks in advance - and again for all the awesome work being done here!

Edited by TheBloke

Hey CJ,

Just wanted to give you a bit of feedback. I have logged about 150 hours on REGS using 4 different characters (on 4 different profiles). I recently updated my patches to your latest, but I have not installed the latest REGS version, as I use Skyre and don't want to mess with that too much. I have 154 esp in my load for my latest build, and plan on playing it for a good while into the future.

Dude, REGS is good. It is really good. Damn good job mate. It is very stable, and easy to build off of. I love that your forum is so active, though I imagine for you it can be a bit of a headache to manage. So I'll try to be too long winded.

I have touched most of the 'new content' (read locations, modifications, questlines, etc) testing for stability, though I have not dove deeply into any of it. On my current character I have about 30 hours, and am only scratching the surface. This just adds SO MUCH. Thank you for developing this, and maintaining it. Keep up the good work. and again, damn good job. My favorite part of all of this is I find myself (sometimes, obviously not for Falaskar or other obvious adds) asking the question "wait, is that from REGS or is it in Vanilla".

I.D.

Edited by IdiotDave

I am using REGS with SRLE.  Doing the conflict resolution I did not come across several of the NPCs in ETAC that metnioned as needing cleaning:

Non-Player Character (Actor) 0001361E Rustleif

Non-Player Character (Actor) 0001361F <Seren>

Non-Player Character (Actor) 00013650 <Lod>

It seems some though not all of the previous content from Dawnstar is no longer present in ETAC Complete - though maybe it is just the version I used.

Hello. BOSS tells me that these files have missing navmesh records and may cause problems. I am wondering if they are fixed in the REGS Patch or they're just not going to be problematic?

- DragonmournInn.esp

- Inns and Taverns.esp

- TheDomain.esp

The first two are false reports (both mods have no deleted navmeshes), and the third one has a replacer file to fix that issue in the REGS Patches.

BTW Spellmaking in Skyrim is not covered in the Boss Masterlist either. The ESP is Khalsspellmakingmod.esp. I Stuck it under Quests K, but it an argument might be made that it should go under Magic.

Have you thought about adding in the Kohnakrik's accouterments series to the Game Changing Section now that you have one?

The Chapter linker is loaded rather late unlike the ESMs. It is loaded between 13OJ's mods. So the ITMs could be more of an issue.

Also redownloading the patches fixed the errors it was finding so thanks.

Added a rule for Spellmaking, thanks.

About Kohnakrik's accoutrements, I'm still not too sure about adding it, I don't feel like it really fits in the game.

And the chapters linker as I said before is supposed to have ITMs, because it's made to ensure that whatever their load order might be, the 2 ORS quests will be linked properly.

Love what you fixed and incorporated in Nernie's Mod, by any chance have you taken a peek at the inside of the small mead house outside Whiterun?

Sigh. I remember trying to fix that bug over and over again back when I first made the pack. I really thought I had fixed it at one point, but it's just driving me nuts.

I'll see about looking into it again now that I've gotten better at using the CK.

@TheBloke: First of all, welcome to the STEP forums, and thank you for your feedback.

Concerning Dawn of Whiterun, I just removed it from the guide because too many people were complaining about the performance drop, and I was seeing my FPS drop from 60 to 30 (Not using any ENB, in case you're wondering) so I had to stop using it, and I can't exactly go around telling people to use a mod when I was forced to stop using it (since I wouldn't be able to spot any incompatibilities or small issues)

Concerning LOOT, I tried to get on that bandwagon when it was just released as a beta, but everyone was asking for BUM rules, so I just caved in and went with that after all ::P:

@Keith: Well MadFrenchie was never truly gone from the workshop after all, he just stopped showing up on the nexus.

@statmonster: 1. You don't need a patch in this case.

2. It's no longer required (worked around it since an earlier version, both to save a slot and some sanity)

@Astakos: Yeah, I actually got the new version from Ganda before he uploaded it on the nexus, so I forgot to update the version number for it, thanks for the warning.

@IdiotDave: Thanks for the encouragement. Glad to hear you're having fun with your setup.

As for not knowing whether stuff is added by mods or was already in the vanilla game, there's a simple trick for that: If it looks good then it's mod-added and if it's broken, it probably is bethesda's doing. ::P:

Fun fact: did you know that in Oblivion, every single dungeon in the game was designed by the same person?

@statmonster (bis): I'm leaving these records in for the moment, Lod for example might need conflict resolution once again when ETaC - Falkreath is released (hopefully soon).

Edited by CJ2311

@Astakos: Yeah, I actually got the new version from Ganda before he uploaded it on the nexus, so I forgot to update the version number for it, thanks for the warning.

Thanks mate!  ::):

In your installation instructions for this mod is there a problem with SMIM combatible meshes and you don't recommend them?

Also Skyrim Sewers got updated to v.4.12 a few days ago!  :;):

I have finally got a workable game going with this and SR:LE and a bunch of other mods, not Requiem, and it is working really well. Had to merge a bunch of plugins. Not perfectly stable but usually good for a few hours before any kind of unrepeatable random ctd. That is quite useful as a signal to get off my arse and do something useful. I am including my modlist and load order just for interest.

Modlist:

-======================End Mod List=================+REGS-==================REGS Custom Patches===============+Undeath+Spellmaking in Skyrim - The Last Altar+Spectraverse - Magic of the Magna-Ge+Aethernautics+The Temple of Black Rock+The Shadow of Meresis+The Secret of Dragonhead+The Lost Wonders of Mzark+The Oblivion Realms Serie - Morthal Pain+The Oblivion Realms Serie - The Gate of Solitude+Sea of Ghosts+No Mercy+Moon and Star+Helgen Reborn+Fight Against the Thalmor IV - South Dragon Bridge+Fight Against the Thalmor III - The Aldmeri Domain+Fight Against the Thalmor I - Adal Matar the Lost Stronghold+And the Realms of the Daedra-===============New Quests and Adventures=================+Interesting NPCs+Inconsequential NPCs-=====================New NPCs===================+Snowbound Acres+Laintar Dale+Inns and Taverns+Granite Hall+Daggercross Alley+Apple garden+Amber Guard-==============New Locations & Settlements==============+Faction Pit Fighter Travels Add-On+Faction Pit Fighter-===================New Lands==================-================World Additions=================+Realistic Boat Bobbing+No snow under the roof+Lanterns of Skyrim - All In One+Hearthfire Chimneys for Skyrim+Drinking Fountains of Skyrim-====================Enhancements==================+Unique Border Gates+Sky Haven Temple Merchants and More+Nightingale Hall Restored+Immersive College of Winterhold+High Hrothgar Overhaul-====================locations=================+Raven Rock Expanded+Immersive Settlements+Expanded Towns and Cities-===================Settlements================+Understone Keep Fountains and Rubble+Expanded Winterhold Destruction Ruins+Dawn of Windhelm+Dawn of Whiterun+Dawn of Riften+Better Docks+Better City Entrances-=======================Cities======================+REGS v3.3 - Cities+Nernies City and Village Expansion-=====================Foundation==================+SUM - SkyProc Unified Manager+WTF - Random Encounter Zones+SR Patches-ASIS Improved INI Files-ASIS-==================Patches===================+Touring Carriages-======================Travel==================+Trade and Barter+Realistic Room Rental Enhanced-====================Economy====================+Lovely Jessica Redux+Vilja in Skyrim+Uncapped Perks+Stealth Perks for Sneaking Based Followers+Stealth Kills for Followers+Spouses Can Live Everywhere+Sleep Tight+Sleeping Innkeepers+Skyrim -Community- Uncapper-SkyDie - Prepare to Cry Edition+Revenge of the enemies+Perk Point Potion+NPC Knockout Overhaul+No Skill Limit+No Combat Boundaries and Unofficial Encounter Zone Patch+My Home Is Your Home - a mod for followers+Mirai - the Girl with the Dragon Heart+Master of Disguise+Marriage Mod - To Have And To Hold+Immersive Patrols+Immersive NPC in the dark+High Level Enemies+Extended Encounters+Enhanced Skyrim Followers - Aela the Huntress+Enhanced Skyrim Factions - The Companions Guild+Endgame NPC Overhaul+Duel - Combat Realism+Dual Wield Parrying+Dragon Soul Relinquishment+Dragon Combat Overhaul+Come together N Out of the way+Better Stealth AI for Followers+Arissa - The Wandering Rogue+Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim-================Combat and AI===============+Falskaar - Realistic Needs and Diseases Patch+Realistic Needs and Diseases+Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival-============Basic Needs and Survival===========-===========HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED IN SKYRIM============+Thundering shouts+Dragons Shout with Voice+Audio Overhaul for Skyrim-=============== General Sound Improvement===============-===============THE SYMPHONY OF SKYRIM============+Dual Sheath Redux-==================Dynamic Patches=============+Weapons and Armor Fixes - Remade+Clothing and Clutter Fixes+Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade-================Recipe and Stat Changers===============-Winter Is Coming - Cloaks+Wearable Lanterns+Sharlikrans Compatibility Patches+Immersive Armors+Dark Disciple Replacer+Cloaks of Skyrim+Bandolier - Dawnguard+Bandolier - Bags and Pouches-=====================New Items===============+Lore Friendly and SemiSkimpy Armors - UNPB-BBP+TroubleMakers Forsworn Armor+TroubleMakers Clothing+UNP Female Armors+UNP Dragonborn Armors+UNP Dawnguard Armors-==========UNP Blessed Body Vanilla Armor Conversions=========+UltraHD - Stormcloak and City Guards+Nightingale Weapons Retexture - Carbon Fiber+Nightingale Prime HD+New Jewels for Circlets+Improved closefaced helmets+Gemling Queen Jewelry+EotW Mage Robes of Skyrim+EotW Mage Equipment Overhaul+EotW Dawnguard DLC Textures Remastered+Better Circlets HQ+Apophysis Dragon Priest Masks+aMidianBorn stormcloak officer armour+aMidianBorn Steel Armor+aMidianBorn Scaled Armor+aMidianBorn Iron and Banded Armor+aMidianBorn imperial light and studded+aMidianBorn Hide of the Savior+aMidianBorn Hide and Studded Hide+aMidianBorn Book of Silence+aMidianBorn Blade of Woe-=============Vanilla Item Retextures and Tweaks==============-================THE ARMORY OF SKYRIM============+NPC Enchantments Fix-================Dynamic Patches===============+When Vampires Attack+Wet and Cold - Holidays+Wet and Cold - Ashes+Wet and Cold+Run For Your Lives+Respectful Guard Animations+OBIS - Organized Bandits In Skyrim+Guard Dialogue Overhaul+Follower Commentary Overhaul - FCO+Bring Out Your Dead-==================NPCs & Behaviour================+XP32 Maximum Skeleton SR+WWLMG Word Wall Learning More Glorious+Realistic Ragdolls and Force+No Spinning Death Animation+Immersive Animations+Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS+Female Facial Animation+Dual Wield Blocking Animations+DSAMG Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious+Belt-Fastened Quivers-==============Animation and Skeleton============+WSCO - Windsong Skyrim Chracter Overhaul+Forgotten Argonian Roots - 4k+Dagi Raht+Coverkhajiits-====================Skin and Body================+The Eyes Of Beauty-=======================Eyes============+More Realistic Hair+Brows+Beards-=================Beards, Brows, and Hair=============-=================THE PEOPLE OF SKYRIM================+Skyrim Immersive Creatures+Deadly Dragons-================New Creatures and Encounters===========+Convenient Horses-===============Animal Companions and Mounts============+SkyTEST Integration Project+SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators+Bellyaches HD Dragon Replacer Pack+Bellyaches Animal and Creature Pack-===========Vanilla Creature Retextures and Tweaks============-===============THE CREATURES OF SKYRIM==============+Footprints+Enhanced Blood Textures+Deadly Spell Impacts+Burn Freeze Shock Effects+Alternate Summoning Visuals-===================Effects=================+The Paarthurnax Dilemma+Provincial Courier Service+Gildergreen Regrown+Cutting Room Floor+Alternate Start - Live Another Life-==============Modified and Expanded Quests================+Webs Extended+Vivid Landscapes - Castle Volkihar+Vivid Landscapes - All in One+Ultimate HD Fire Effects+The Skyrim Distance Overhaul+Telvanni reborn+Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul Dragonborn+Skyrim Flora Overhaul+SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills+Serious HD Retexture Skyrim SR+Realistic Water Two+Realistic Smoke and Embers+Real Ice+Pilgrims Delight+Oblivion Gates+Moss Rocks - Dragonborn DLC Addon+Moss Rocks+Lightning during Thunder Storms - Climates of Tamriel - Patch+Lightning during Thunder Storms+High Quality LODs+High Quality 3D Map+HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit for Hearthfire+HD Enhanced Terrain+A Quality World Map+Enhanced Night Skyrim+Enhanced Distant Terrain 2+Dynamic snow For Map+Dramatic Clouds+Ash Rocks+aMidianBorn Solstheim Landscape+aMidianBorn Caves and Mines+All Homes Remodeled-==============Landscape and Environment=============+White Phial Replacer+Traps Make Noise - More Dangerous Traps+Subliminal Traps 2 - NMM Installer by Kevkas+Skyrim Coin Replacer Redux+Roadsigns Redone+Rens HD Shrines+Immersive Soulgems+HQ Paper+Hold Border Banners+Gemling Queen Dragon Claws+Fires Hurt+Enhanced HD Dragon Bones+Book Covers Skyrim+Bloody Dragon Bones+Animated Dwemer Lift Load Doors+Animated clutter-===============Clutter and Miscellaneous=============+Relighting Skyrim+Project Parallax Remastered+Enhanced Lights and FX SR+Skyrim Realistic Overhaul+Static Mesh Improvement Mod+No stretching+Better Dynamic Snow-==============-General World Improvement================+ELE Interior Lighting-=================ENB Related Data Files=============+Supreme Storms+Morning Fogs Refined+Expanded Snow Systems - Climates of Tamriel Version+Falskaar - Climates of Tamriel patch+Climates of Tamriel - Weather Patch SR+Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel1-===================Weather Systems=================-=================THE WORLD OF SKYRIM===============+Face to face conversation+Extensible Follower Framework+Better Dialogue Controls-==============Dialogue and Follower Control============+RaceMenu+Character Creation Overhaul-==================Character Creation==============+Smaller Cursor+SkyUI+moreHUD+Main Font Replacement+iWASM - Immersive Wait And Sleep Menu+Immersive HUD - iHUD+Atlas Map Markers v1-7 Complete-14976-1-7+A Matter of Time-============General User Interface Improvement==========-===================USER INTERFACE================+Stable uGridsToLoad+Smart Souls+Skyrim Project Optimization+Safety Load+Point The Way+Memory Blocks Log+Horns Are Forever+Follower Trap Safety+Enchantment Reload Fix+Cultist Mask Decapitation Fix+Argonian Decapitation Fix-====================OTHER FIXES====================+Unofficial High Resolution Patch+Unofficial Dragonborn Patch+Unofficial Hearthfire Patch+Unofficial Dawnguard Patch+Unofficial Skyrim Patch-=================UNOFFICIAL PATCHES================+Wyrmstooth+Falskaar-=================WORLD EXPANSIONS=================+HRDLC3+HRDLC2+HRDLC1+Dragonborn Optimized+Hearthfires Optimized+Dawnguard Optimized+Vanilla Optimized-==================VANILLA OPTIMISED================+Skyrim Script Extender+Vanilla Cleaned esms

Load order:

Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espFalskaar.esmWyrmstooth.espSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esmClimatesOfTamriel.esmETaC - RESOURCES.esmLanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esmmannyBlackRock.esmmannyDragonhead.esmORS_MorthalPain.esmORS_SolitudeGate.esmWinterholdDestruction.esmXFLMain.esmREGS - Resources.esmHighResTexturePack01.espHighResTexturePack02.espHighResTexturePack03.espDSAMG - Miraak Music Fixes.espRelightingSkyrimMerged.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espChesko_Frostfall.espMorning Fogs.espAOS.espDragonShoutVoice.espmintylightningmod.espMintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.espTouringCarriages.espCutting Room Floor.espTradeBarter.espAMatterOfTime.espAshRocks.espBring Out Your Dead.espChesko_WearableLantern.espDual Sheath Redux.espEpisodeParallax.espExtended Encounters.espFCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.espHARODATH_ImmersiveSoulgems.espHoldBorderBanners.espImmersive Patrols Merged All.espImmersive NPC in the dark.espMoss Rocks Legendary.espMoss Rocks_DB.espPerkPointPotion.espPilgrimsDelight.espPoint The Way.espSDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.espSDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Complete.espSDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.espHigh Level Enemies - SIC.espSkyrim Flora Overhaul.espSulfurRocks.espSleepTight.espTraps Make Noise.espTraps Are Dangerous.espWetandCold.espWetandCold - Ashes.espWetandCold - Holidays.espWEBS extended.espCharacter Creation Overhaul.espDragon Soul Relinquishment.espFootprints.espFootprints - Ash.espRaceMenu.espRaceMenuPlugin.espRaceMenuOverlays.esptowConversation.espUIExtensions.espSkyUI.espiHUD.espAHZmoreHUD.espCloaks.espCloaks - Dawnguard.esp1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.espDarkReplacer.espHothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.espImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.espimp_helm_imp.espimp_guard_helm.espNightingaleArrows.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espGuardAnimationsGDO.espNo Combat Boundaries - Legendary.espDeadlyDragons.espAdalMatar.espAethernautics.espquest_andtherealmsofdaedra.espApple garden.espBetterDGEntrance.espCollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.espCWINPCImprovements.espCWIDawnDragonPatch.espDaggercross_Alley.espDragonmournInn.espDSAMG - Greybeard Fix.espGildergreen Regrown.esptos_granitehall.espHebrock_Der Schatten von Meresis - EV.esphigh hrothgar overhaul.esphomes remodeled NON GS.espImmersive Orc Strongholds.espInconsequential NPCs.espInns and Taverns.espKhalSpellmakingMod.espMy Home Is Your Home.espMzarkWonders.espMagic of the Magna-Ge.espSpectraverse - Only After Dragon Rising.espNightingale Hall.espquest_nomercy.espORS_ChaptersLinker.espORS_DremoraUpdate.espquest_pitfighter.espquest_pitfighter_dlc01.espRun For Your Lives.espWhen Vampires Attack.espquest_seaofghosts.espSky Haven Temple M&M3.espSnowbound Acres.espTheDomain.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espUndeath.espSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.espBook Covers Skyrim.espESFCompanions.espWeaponsArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.espdD-No Twitching Dragon Death Animation.espRebirth Monster.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.espSkyFalls DB + FS Small Waterfalls.espSFO - Dragonborn.espSFO - Expanded Diversity.espSkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.espSkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.espSkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.espSkytest USKP.espConvenient Horses.espdD - Enhanced Blood Main.espdD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.espBetterDGEntrance-UniqueBorderGates-SilgradPass.espWSCO - Better NPCs.espWSCO - OcciFemaleUNP.espWSCO - OcciBetterMale.espNausicaa's Tweaker.espaMidianBorn_ContentAddon.espUniqueBorderGates-DunmethPass.espUniqueBorderGates-TalosPass.espDrinking Fountains of Skyrim.espETaC - Complete.espETaC - Complete LoS Patch.espExpandedWinterholdRuins.espHelgen Reborn.espRavenRockExpanded.esptos_amber_guard.esptos_laintardale_hf.espWhiterunAlivePiano.espDawnofRiften.espUnderstone Keep Repair.espHearthfireChimneys - ETaC.espREGS - Better City Entrances.espREGS - Better Docks.espRBB Long and Row Boats - REGS.espRBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix.espOblivion Gates v3 without Markers - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.espPrometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.espBetter Dynamic Snow.espPrometheus_NSUTR BDS Patch.espPrometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock.espDawnofWindhelm.espProvincial Courier Service.espRealisticRoomRental.espREGS - Cities.espREGS Patch - CRF.espEnhancedLightsandFX.espELFX - Dawnguard.espELFX - Dragonborn.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.espAOS2_CoT3_1_patch.espClimatesOfTamriel Falskaar.espSupreme Storms - Cot Version.espCoT-WeatherPatch.espCoT-WeatherPatch_DB.espCoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.espExpandedSnowSystems-CoT.espabotFiresHurt.espApocalypse - The Spell Package.espBFSEffects.espDeadlySpellImpacts.espBetter Stealth AI for Followers.espDuel - Combat Realism.espDual Wield Parrying_SKSE.espDragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.espNo Skill Limit.espUncapped Perks - Combat + Stealth.espUncapped Perks - Magic.espOBIS.espOBISDB.espdD-No Spinning Death Animation.espBeards.espBrows.espTheEyesOfBeauty.espThe Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp3DNPC.espREGS Patch - Riften NavFull.espMoonAndStar_MAS.espREGS Patch - 3DNPC.espRRR_3DNPC-Patch.espRealisticNeedsandDiseases.espFalskaarRNDHotfix.espEndgame NPC Overhaul.espXFLPlugins.esp3DNPCEFF.espESFAela.espmarriagemod - alpha v3.espCompanionArissa.espzMirai.espEMCompViljaSkyrim.espEMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.espEMViljessicaPatch.espSpousetocustomhome.espFollowers_StealthKills.espSleeping Innkeepers.espStealthPerksForFollowers - DG and DB compatable.espAlternate Start - Live Another Life.espCCO - Diverse Races And Genders.espdD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espRealisticWaterTwo.espAtlas Legendary.espCWIELnFXPatch.espETaC - Complete 3DNPC Patch.espETaC - Complete Fountains Patch.espRRR_ELFX-Patch.espSkytest Immersive Creatures.espETaC - Complete ORS Patch.espETaC - Complete NSutR Patch.espETaC - Complete Inns and Taverns Patch.espMoonAndStar_Undeath_compat.espELE Merged.espMaster of Disguise - Legendary.espMaster of Disguise - Legendary - Live Another Life - Dawnguard.espSR Conflict Resolution.espBashed Patch, 0.espSUM.esp

::):

Edited by Smile44
  • +1 1

I have finally got a workable game going with this and SR:LE and a bunch of other mods, not Requiem, and it is working really well. Had to merge a bunch of plugins. Not perfectly stable but usually good for a few hours before any kind of unrepeatable random ctd. That is quite useful as a signal to get off my arse and do something useful. I am including my modlist and load order just for interest.Modlist:

-======================End Mod List=================+REGS-==================REGS Custom Patches===============+Undeath+Spellmaking in Skyrim - The Last Altar+Spectraverse - Magic of the Magna-Ge+Aethernautics+The Temple of Black Rock+The Shadow of Meresis+The Secret of Dragonhead+The Lost Wonders of Mzark+The Oblivion Realms Serie - Morthal Pain+The Oblivion Realms Serie - The Gate of Solitude+Sea of Ghosts+No Mercy+Moon and Star+Helgen Reborn+Fight Against the Thalmor IV - South Dragon Bridge+Fight Against the Thalmor III - The Aldmeri Domain+Fight Against the Thalmor I - Adal Matar the Lost Stronghold+And the Realms of the Daedra-===============New Quests and Adventures=================+Interesting NPCs+Inconsequential NPCs-=====================New NPCs===================+Snowbound Acres+Laintar Dale+Inns and Taverns+Granite Hall+Daggercross Alley+Apple garden+Amber Guard-==============New Locations & Settlements==============+Faction Pit Fighter Travels Add-On+Faction Pit Fighter-===================New Lands==================-================World Additions=================+Realistic Boat Bobbing+No snow under the roof+Lanterns of Skyrim - All In One+Hearthfire Chimneys for Skyrim+Drinking Fountains of Skyrim-====================Enhancements==================+Unique Border Gates+Sky Haven Temple Merchants and More+Nightingale Hall Restored+Immersive College of Winterhold+High Hrothgar Overhaul-====================locations=================+Raven Rock Expanded+Immersive Settlements+Expanded Towns and Cities-===================Settlements================+Understone Keep Fountains and Rubble+Expanded Winterhold Destruction Ruins+Dawn of Windhelm+Dawn of Whiterun+Dawn of Riften+Better Docks+Better City Entrances-=======================Cities======================+REGS v3.3 - Cities+Nernies City and Village Expansion-=====================Foundation==================+SUM - SkyProc Unified Manager+WTF - Random Encounter Zones+SR Patches-ASIS Improved INI Files-ASIS-==================Patches===================+Touring Carriages-======================Travel==================+Trade and Barter+Realistic Room Rental Enhanced-====================Economy====================+Lovely Jessica Redux+Vilja in Skyrim+Uncapped Perks+Stealth Perks for Sneaking Based Followers+Stealth Kills for Followers+Spouses Can Live Everywhere+Sleep Tight+Sleeping Innkeepers+Skyrim -Community- Uncapper-SkyDie - Prepare to Cry Edition+Revenge of the enemies+Perk Point Potion+NPC Knockout Overhaul+No Skill Limit+No Combat Boundaries and Unofficial Encounter Zone Patch+My Home Is Your Home - a mod for followers+Mirai - the Girl with the Dragon Heart+Master of Disguise+Marriage Mod - To Have And To Hold+Immersive Patrols+Immersive NPC in the dark+High Level Enemies+Extended Encounters+Enhanced Skyrim Followers - Aela the Huntress+Enhanced Skyrim Factions - The Companions Guild+Endgame NPC Overhaul+Duel - Combat Realism+Dual Wield Parrying+Dragon Soul Relinquishment+Dragon Combat Overhaul+Come together N Out of the way+Better Stealth AI for Followers+Arissa - The Wandering Rogue+Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim-================Combat and AI===============+Falskaar - Realistic Needs and Diseases Patch+Realistic Needs and Diseases+Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival-============Basic Needs and Survival===========-===========HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED IN SKYRIM============+Thundering shouts+Dragons Shout with Voice+Audio Overhaul for Skyrim-=============== General Sound Improvement===============-===============THE SYMPHONY OF SKYRIM============+Dual Sheath Redux-==================Dynamic Patches=============+Weapons and Armor Fixes - Remade+Clothing and Clutter Fixes+Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade-================Recipe and Stat Changers===============-Winter Is Coming - Cloaks+Wearable Lanterns+Sharlikrans Compatibility Patches+Immersive Armors+Dark Disciple Replacer+Cloaks of Skyrim+Bandolier - Dawnguard+Bandolier - Bags and Pouches-=====================New Items===============+Lore Friendly and SemiSkimpy Armors - UNPB-BBP+TroubleMakers Forsworn Armor+TroubleMakers Clothing+UNP Female Armors+UNP Dragonborn Armors+UNP Dawnguard Armors-==========UNP Blessed Body Vanilla Armor Conversions=========+UltraHD - Stormcloak and City Guards+Nightingale Weapons Retexture - Carbon Fiber+Nightingale Prime HD+New Jewels for Circlets+Improved closefaced helmets+Gemling Queen Jewelry+EotW Mage Robes of Skyrim+EotW Mage Equipment Overhaul+EotW Dawnguard DLC Textures Remastered+Better Circlets HQ+Apophysis Dragon Priest Masks+aMidianBorn stormcloak officer armour+aMidianBorn Steel Armor+aMidianBorn Scaled Armor+aMidianBorn Iron and Banded Armor+aMidianBorn imperial light and studded+aMidianBorn Hide of the Savior+aMidianBorn Hide and Studded Hide+aMidianBorn Book of Silence+aMidianBorn Blade of Woe-=============Vanilla Item Retextures and Tweaks==============-================THE ARMORY OF SKYRIM============+NPC Enchantments Fix-================Dynamic Patches===============+When Vampires Attack+Wet and Cold - Holidays+Wet and Cold - Ashes+Wet and Cold+Run For Your Lives+Respectful Guard Animations+OBIS - Organized Bandits In Skyrim+Guard Dialogue Overhaul+Follower Commentary Overhaul - FCO+Bring Out Your Dead-==================NPCs & Behaviour================+XP32 Maximum Skeleton SR+WWLMG Word Wall Learning More Glorious+Realistic Ragdolls and Force+No Spinning Death Animation+Immersive Animations+Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS+Female Facial Animation+Dual Wield Blocking Animations+DSAMG Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious+Belt-Fastened Quivers-==============Animation and Skeleton============+WSCO - Windsong Skyrim Chracter Overhaul+Forgotten Argonian Roots - 4k+Dagi Raht+Coverkhajiits-====================Skin and Body================+The Eyes Of Beauty-=======================Eyes============+More Realistic Hair+Brows+Beards-=================Beards, Brows, and Hair=============-=================THE PEOPLE OF SKYRIM================+Skyrim Immersive Creatures+Deadly Dragons-================New Creatures and Encounters===========+Convenient Horses-===============Animal Companions and Mounts============+SkyTEST Integration Project+SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators+Bellyaches HD Dragon Replacer Pack+Bellyaches Animal and Creature Pack-===========Vanilla Creature Retextures and Tweaks============-===============THE CREATURES OF SKYRIM==============+Footprints+Enhanced Blood Textures+Deadly Spell Impacts+Burn Freeze Shock Effects+Alternate Summoning Visuals-===================Effects=================+The Paarthurnax Dilemma+Provincial Courier Service+Gildergreen Regrown+Cutting Room Floor+Alternate Start - Live Another Life-==============Modified and Expanded Quests================+Webs Extended+Vivid Landscapes - Castle Volkihar+Vivid Landscapes - All in One+Ultimate HD Fire Effects+The Skyrim Distance Overhaul+Telvanni reborn+Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul Dragonborn+Skyrim Flora Overhaul+SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills+Serious HD Retexture Skyrim SR+Realistic Water Two+Realistic Smoke and Embers+Real Ice+Pilgrims Delight+Oblivion Gates+Moss Rocks - Dragonborn DLC Addon+Moss Rocks+Lightning during Thunder Storms - Climates of Tamriel - Patch+Lightning during Thunder Storms+High Quality LODs+High Quality 3D Map+HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit for Hearthfire+HD Enhanced Terrain+A Quality World Map+Enhanced Night Skyrim+Enhanced Distant Terrain 2+Dynamic snow For Map+Dramatic Clouds+Ash Rocks+aMidianBorn Solstheim Landscape+aMidianBorn Caves and Mines+All Homes Remodeled-==============Landscape and Environment=============+White Phial Replacer+Traps Make Noise - More Dangerous Traps+Subliminal Traps 2 - NMM Installer by Kevkas+Skyrim Coin Replacer Redux+Roadsigns Redone+Rens HD Shrines+Immersive Soulgems+HQ Paper+Hold Border Banners+Gemling Queen Dragon Claws+Fires Hurt+Enhanced HD Dragon Bones+Book Covers Skyrim+Bloody Dragon Bones+Animated Dwemer Lift Load Doors+Animated clutter-===============Clutter and Miscellaneous=============+Relighting Skyrim+Project Parallax Remastered+Enhanced Lights and FX SR+Skyrim Realistic Overhaul+Static Mesh Improvement Mod+No stretching+Better Dynamic Snow-==============-General World Improvement================+ELE Interior Lighting-=================ENB Related Data Files=============+Supreme Storms+Morning Fogs Refined+Expanded Snow Systems - Climates of Tamriel Version+Falskaar - Climates of Tamriel patch+Climates of Tamriel - Weather Patch SR+Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel1-===================Weather Systems=================-=================THE WORLD OF SKYRIM===============+Face to face conversation+Extensible Follower Framework+Better Dialogue Controls-==============Dialogue and Follower Control============+RaceMenu+Character Creation Overhaul-==================Character Creation==============+Smaller Cursor+SkyUI+moreHUD+Main Font Replacement+iWASM - Immersive Wait And Sleep Menu+Immersive HUD - iHUD+Atlas Map Markers v1-7 Complete-14976-1-7+A Matter of Time-============General User Interface Improvement==========-===================USER INTERFACE================+Stable uGridsToLoad+Smart Souls+Skyrim Project Optimization+Safety Load+Point The Way+Memory Blocks Log+Horns Are Forever+Follower Trap Safety+Enchantment Reload Fix+Cultist Mask Decapitation Fix+Argonian Decapitation Fix-====================OTHER FIXES====================+Unofficial High Resolution Patch+Unofficial Dragonborn Patch+Unofficial Hearthfire Patch+Unofficial Dawnguard Patch+Unofficial Skyrim Patch-=================UNOFFICIAL PATCHES================+Wyrmstooth+Falskaar-=================WORLD EXPANSIONS=================+HRDLC3+HRDLC2+HRDLC1+Dragonborn Optimized+Hearthfires Optimized+Dawnguard Optimized+Vanilla Optimized-==================VANILLA OPTIMISED================+Skyrim Script Extender+Vanilla Cleaned esms

Load order:

Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espFalskaar.esmWyrmstooth.espSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esmClimatesOfTamriel.esmETaC - RESOURCES.esmLanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esmmannyBlackRock.esmmannyDragonhead.esmORS_MorthalPain.esmORS_SolitudeGate.esmWinterholdDestruction.esmXFLMain.esmREGS - Resources.esmHighResTexturePack01.espHighResTexturePack02.espHighResTexturePack03.espDSAMG - Miraak Music Fixes.espRelightingSkyrimMerged.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espChesko_Frostfall.espMorning Fogs.espAOS.espDragonShoutVoice.espmintylightningmod.espMintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.espTouringCarriages.espCutting Room Floor.espTradeBarter.espAMatterOfTime.espAshRocks.espBring Out Your Dead.espChesko_WearableLantern.espDual Sheath Redux.espEpisodeParallax.espExtended Encounters.espFCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.espHARODATH_ImmersiveSoulgems.espHoldBorderBanners.espImmersive Patrols Merged All.espImmersive NPC in the dark.espMoss Rocks Legendary.espMoss Rocks_DB.espPerkPointPotion.espPilgrimsDelight.espPoint The Way.espSDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.espSDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Complete.espSDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.espHigh Level Enemies - SIC.espSkyrim Flora Overhaul.espSulfurRocks.espSleepTight.espTraps Make Noise.espTraps Are Dangerous.espWetandCold.espWetandCold - Ashes.espWetandCold - Holidays.espWEBS extended.espCharacter Creation Overhaul.espDragon Soul Relinquishment.espFootprints.espFootprints - Ash.espRaceMenu.espRaceMenuPlugin.espRaceMenuOverlays.esptowConversation.espUIExtensions.espSkyUI.espiHUD.espAHZmoreHUD.espCloaks.espCloaks - Dawnguard.esp1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.espDarkReplacer.espHothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.espImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.espimp_helm_imp.espimp_guard_helm.espNightingaleArrows.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espGuardAnimationsGDO.espNo Combat Boundaries - Legendary.espDeadlyDragons.espAdalMatar.espAethernautics.espquest_andtherealmsofdaedra.espApple garden.espBetterDGEntrance.espCollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.espCWINPCImprovements.espCWIDawnDragonPatch.espDaggercross_Alley.espDragonmournInn.espDSAMG - Greybeard Fix.espGildergreen Regrown.esptos_granitehall.espHebrock_Der Schatten von Meresis - EV.esphigh hrothgar overhaul.esphomes remodeled NON GS.espImmersive Orc Strongholds.espInconsequential NPCs.espInns and Taverns.espKhalSpellmakingMod.espMy Home Is Your Home.espMzarkWonders.espMagic of the Magna-Ge.espSpectraverse - Only After Dragon Rising.espNightingale Hall.espquest_nomercy.espORS_ChaptersLinker.espORS_DremoraUpdate.espquest_pitfighter.espquest_pitfighter_dlc01.espRun For Your Lives.espWhen Vampires Attack.espquest_seaofghosts.espSky Haven Temple M&M3.espSnowbound Acres.espTheDomain.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espUndeath.espSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.espBook Covers Skyrim.espESFCompanions.espWeaponsArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.espdD-No Twitching Dragon Death Animation.espRebirth Monster.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.espSkyFalls DB + FS Small Waterfalls.espSFO - Dragonborn.espSFO - Expanded Diversity.espSkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.espSkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.espSkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.espSkytest USKP.espConvenient Horses.espdD - Enhanced Blood Main.espdD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.espBetterDGEntrance-UniqueBorderGates-SilgradPass.espWSCO - Better NPCs.espWSCO - OcciFemaleUNP.espWSCO - OcciBetterMale.espNausicaa's Tweaker.espaMidianBorn_ContentAddon.espUniqueBorderGates-DunmethPass.espUniqueBorderGates-TalosPass.espDrinking Fountains of Skyrim.espETaC - Complete.espETaC - Complete LoS Patch.espExpandedWinterholdRuins.espHelgen Reborn.espRavenRockExpanded.esptos_amber_guard.esptos_laintardale_hf.espWhiterunAlivePiano.espDawnofRiften.espUnderstone Keep Repair.espHearthfireChimneys - ETaC.espREGS - Better City Entrances.espREGS - Better Docks.espRBB Long and Row Boats - REGS.espRBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix.espOblivion Gates v3 without Markers - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.espPrometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.espBetter Dynamic Snow.espPrometheus_NSUTR BDS Patch.espPrometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock.espDawnofWindhelm.espProvincial Courier Service.espRealisticRoomRental.espREGS - Cities.espREGS Patch - CRF.espEnhancedLightsandFX.espELFX - Dawnguard.espELFX - Dragonborn.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.espAOS2_CoT3_1_patch.espClimatesOfTamriel Falskaar.espSupreme Storms - Cot Version.espCoT-WeatherPatch.espCoT-WeatherPatch_DB.espCoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.espExpandedSnowSystems-CoT.espabotFiresHurt.espApocalypse - The Spell Package.espBFSEffects.espDeadlySpellImpacts.espBetter Stealth AI for Followers.espDuel - Combat Realism.espDual Wield Parrying_SKSE.espDragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.espNo Skill Limit.espUncapped Perks - Combat + Stealth.espUncapped Perks - Magic.espOBIS.espOBISDB.espdD-No Spinning Death Animation.espBeards.espBrows.espTheEyesOfBeauty.espThe Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp3DNPC.espREGS Patch - Riften NavFull.espMoonAndStar_MAS.espREGS Patch - 3DNPC.espRRR_3DNPC-Patch.espRealisticNeedsandDiseases.espFalskaarRNDHotfix.espEndgame NPC Overhaul.espXFLPlugins.esp3DNPCEFF.espESFAela.espmarriagemod - alpha v3.espCompanionArissa.espzMirai.espEMCompViljaSkyrim.espEMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.espEMViljessicaPatch.espSpousetocustomhome.espFollowers_StealthKills.espSleeping Innkeepers.espStealthPerksForFollowers - DG and DB compatable.espAlternate Start - Live Another Life.espCCO - Diverse Races And Genders.espdD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espRealisticWaterTwo.espAtlas Legendary.espCWIELnFXPatch.espETaC - Complete 3DNPC Patch.espETaC - Complete Fountains Patch.espRRR_ELFX-Patch.espSkytest Immersive Creatures.espETaC - Complete ORS Patch.espETaC - Complete NSutR Patch.espETaC - Complete Inns and Taverns Patch.espMoonAndStar_Undeath_compat.espELE Merged.espMaster of Disguise - Legendary.espMaster of Disguise - Legendary - Live Another Life - Dawnguard.espSR Conflict Resolution.espBashed Patch, 0.espSUM.esp

This may be off topic , what is your BUM rule for Extended encounters.esp? Thanks for sharing.

Atlas Map Markers, ELE interior lighting, High Level enemies, Relighting Skyrim, RND are the ones off the top of my head will give a more detailed answer at another time as will be out of touch till the weekend.

Probably best to continue this in a separate post or pm as it is now completely off topic for this thread.

Edited by Smile44
  • +1 1

Hello. I am going through TES5Edit to check for mod conflicts. And I noticed Raven Rock Expanded and ELFX - Dragonborn have some "placed object" conflicts. Right now ELFX - Dragonborn is loaded after RRE. I wonder if I should move RRE's changes into a patch as override?

Edit: Okay, I just removed the 2 cells that ELFX edits. Don't really mind if there's no ELFX in 2 interior cells. =

Edited by yic17