A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

RWT also makes ships bobble, although there's still clipping issues. Incidentally, and I hope I'm not hated for this, even though RBB is a very cool mod and I plan on using it, I don't actually get what it has to do with being an explorer tbh.. It should probably be in STEP Extended under fixes, but I find it's inclusion in REGS a bit curious. It's listed as an Enhancement mod, so I guess that's fair enough. Again, nothing against Gandaganza or his mod of course!

Errr, the formID of the barrel you mentioned is actually in Dawnstar...I've also loaded up v10 of ETaC + the NSutR+SMIM patch with Jenna's textures ingame with the rest of the mods in REGS, and this is what I get at the place: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0f7sk9sslp0hqu/2014-05-06_00006.jpgNo duplicate walkways to be found, either...

Yeah, I knew the barrel is in Dawnstar even though I was talking about the ETaC - Complete minus Winterhold replacer plugin - "stranger" things have happened where ETaC updates are concerned, from everything I've seen, so I thought maybe it was a possibility....

And the answer is I have no idea where it came from, because after updating things again with your new ETaC + EWDR patch, It's just not there.

I also found the reason for the doubled wood plank walkways - it was my fault! I still had the old REGS Patch - NSutR.esp in my load order when I made a merged REGS Patch. 'Doh!

I really have to remember to just open console every time I see things like this and let Mfg Console help tell me where these abominations have come from.

Now all I have in Dawnstar that irks me is floating LoS lantern (FormIDs xx001339/xx00133A) at one corner of Brina's house, and a strangely slightly ajar door on Frukis' house (Form ID 0017746) - maybe because of the rotation set by ETaC Complete (no inns)?

So, CJ, a big apology to you for wasting your time!

EDIT: I've been back in Dawnstar again, and the door on Frukis' house is actually fine. Maybe it was the shadows at night playing tricks on my eyes?  ::P:  The floating LoS is definitely there though (and I've just disabled it and buried it and and made me it's parent and told to go to bed with supper!!)

Edited by keithinhanoi

I've got a double roadsign near the Dragonmourn Inn:

The left sign is from Point The Way, id xx0012DC, the one on the right is placed by DragonmournInn with id xx022133.

If removing the one placed by DragonmournInn.esp, you'd need to "remove" 8 objects (the post, and 7 signs):

Posted Image

By the way, here's time-saving tip for properly "removing" multiple unwanted objects, etc. via a patch made in TES5Edit:

1. Copy override the record of object, etc. you want to disable into your patch plugin

2. Edit the Record Flags for that record, and enable the deleted flag

3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 for all objects you want to disable

4. Close TES5Edit and save your patch plugin

5. Open TES5Edit again with the same plugins as before (including your patch plugin)

6. Select your patch plugin, right-click and choose Apply Filter for Cleaning

7. When the filtering is done, right click on your patch plugin again and choose Undelete and Disable References.

8. Close TES5Edit and save your patch plugin again

The UDR routine makes sure the objects,etc are properly removed by:

A. Changing the delete flag to a disabled flag on all the records you edited in your patch

B. Setting the XESP - Enable Parent's Reference to Player [00000014] and flag to Set Enable State to Opposite of Parent.

C. Setting the DATA - Z position to -30000.000000

By not having to do B&C yourself, I figure you save yourself from doing > 80% of the clicks and typing you would have to do otherwise.

Now all I have in Dawnstar that irks me is floating LoS lantern (FormIDs xx001339/xx00133A) at one corner of Brina's house, and a strangely slightly ajar door on Frukis' house (Form ID 0017746) - maybe because of the rotation set by ETaC Complete (no inns)?

Apparently once again the wrong file for Dawnstar had been uploaded (same as what happened with Drinking Fountains). So I made a new patch for LoS and just uploaded it on ETaC's page.

A lot of lanterns were floating, not just that one. D:

Apparently once again the wrong file for Dawnstar had been uploaded (same as what happened with Drinking Fountains). So I made a new patch for LoS and just uploaded it on ETaC's page.

A lot of lanterns were floating, not just that one. D:

Ah, so that was why there was anew patch! I hadn't run into any lantern issues yet, but I'm still in the Riverwood/Whiterun area getting my ass killed by SkyRe Enemies.

Latest Version: 3.3.4

Guide-only Update:

[*]Added a "Gameplay-Affecting Quests" category.

[*]Added Aethernautics.

[*]Added Spectraverse.

[*]Added Spellmaking in Skyrim.

[*]Added Undeath.

Note that some of these quests might be considered over-the-top, but honestly, they're worth trying at least. ::):

Hello. I've read that Dawn of Whiterun causes issues for some people. So are there any other Whiterun mods I can use together with REGS? Also, how about Solitude?

I just can't stand it if all the other major cities & towns/villages are overhauled but Whiterun and Solitude are not .... D:

Edited by yic17

You could try Dawn of Whiterun yourself, for me it hasn't caused any issues, other that one of the cows likes getting impaled by the fence around her, everything is fine. Dawn of Riften on the other hand.. is a ***** for me and makes my fps drop to 0.9 damn it.. Solitude is pretty lively already and with ETaC I think it looks quite good. You could try a texture overhaul, I think Osmundus has released one just a few days ago (obviously with parallax all over), which I've installed but haven't been to Solitude since.

Hey CJ. I sent you this message on reddit.

All these mods in your list had errors that needed cleaning and were not mentioned by boss.

Not Mentioned by Boss
ORS_SolitudeGate.esm ( 28 ITM)
ORS_MorthalPain.esm (Cleaned Before List)
ORS_ChapterLinker (29 ITM)
mannyBlackRock.esm ( 13 ITM)
Sea of Ghosts (92 ITM)

IF you want to know just load all your mods in your playlist and do a check error. Do a cleaning run on anything with errors. (Unless boss or the mod page says not too) 75% of the time it will remove all or most of the errors in that mod. Less errors = Less straws on the camel's back in my opinion. One type of errors that says a reference has been deleted (UDR) will definitely benefit from cleaning and be fixed. Honestly though ALL of trainwiz's mods need to be cleaned and ALL of SevenOrange's mods should be cleaned as well as they are all riddled with ITM and UDR (Even the ones boss doesn't mention). I've did a manual check of the ITM and they are identical. It someplaces it was causing annoying conflicts where it was just a copy of the main skyrim file and it was overwriting later changes from weapon & armor fixes or the USKPatches.

I will need to do a more thorough check though when I have time cause check errors doesn't always pick up ITM errors. Doing this check error on all the mods active also allowed me to find two mods that had somehow installed incorrectly and were generating 100s of errors apiece. A re-installation reduced errors 1 and none for the two mods. 

If the clean doesn't remove errors it is probably a more serious problem I think it should be reported to the Mod author. What do you think about this? Most of these are references that couldn't be resolved (Cause they don't exist) but some look a bit more serious. Many compatibility patches have these errors. Should unresolved references be removed? Is there any info on the internet about them? I couldn't find anything substantial.

Now that I think about it in theory you could disable all your patches and make an automated merge patch using TES5Edit. Then check each conflict and the ITM errors that are problematic will stand out as they will just be a copy of the master. Then just note what mod it is.

Also. Spellmaking in Skyrim has a dependency that you are not listing. it is [FISS] (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48265/?) Also just FYI. The spellmaking mod will conflict with anything that modifies the magic perk system often resulting in hilariously overpowered or underpowered stuff. Aka Sperg, Skyre etc etc. The author said he'd work on compatibility patches as his next priority but that was a few months ago.

Finally it looks like your  Regs Patch -NSuTR + RRR needs to be rebuilt. It is generating a few unresolved reference errors. Your 3DNPC patch looks like it needs rebuilding as well.  The step extended regs patch is also having some unresolved references errors. But that might be a fault on my part as I can't remember what all the mods that patch is affecting and I might be missing one. I remember I was using it for just some of the mods.
Edited by Thernn