A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

What is EWDR? (I haven't had my coffee yet)

Expanded Winterhold Destruction Ruins...

It came back to me. You still use that mod?

My Winterhold needs were satisfied with Jenna's version of it. I thought EWDR jumped the shark a bit with "Haunted House" and ghosts running around and such.

Wasn't there previously similar issues with Better Docks all-in-one merges? That caused a clutter catastrophe...stuff falling outta the sky in weird places? CJ fixed it, if I recall.

Edited by Kuldebar

Heya CJ, a quick bug report for REGS - Cities version 3.3:

• Volkiharcountessf_0.nif should be named volkiharcountess_0.nif (no "f" after countess), to match the _1 nif.  This is in meshesclothesssewersvolkiharcountessf.
  • Both of these meshes point to an incomplete filepath for the texture.  The solution is to edit the files in NifSkope:
  • Open volkiharcountess_1.nif in NifSkope.
  • In the Block List window, click the triangles to expand the tree for the 0 node, then "Nocturnal Clothes", then "BSLightingShaderProperty," and select the node named "8 BSShaderTextureSet".
  • In the Block Details window, click the triangle to expand "Textures", double click on the filepath for the texture, and add "textures" to the beginning of the filepath.
  • Save As, save over the file, close NifSkope.
  • Repeat for volkiharcountess_0.nif, et voila.

I also got the gray-face bug when I tried spawning the countess to make sure that this fix worked.  I see that the REGS files do contain facegen meshes and tints, so I don't know if this is an issue with REGS or with my own setup.  I'll look into this if and when I have time.

Thank you for the crazy amount of work you've put into this project!  The results have been awesome.

Edited by Andaone
  • +1 2

STEP process? :p not really, if you're not sure what can be merged, start out with the stuff in the forums, the process is always the same :p

I know that they've said that most weapons and armor mods can be merged... But then won't that affect the Reproccer?

Also...I know REGS is modular...but is the same true for STEP Core? or am I supposed to install all CORE mods?I suppose what I mean is.. If REGS is optimized to work with CORE and EXTENDED...and it is reccomended I use all REGS mods....will I hit the 255 limit? and if so...is it just touch and go from there?

Edited by TheLoreSeeker

I don't use SkyRE but if Reproccer is a SkyProc Patcher there should be no problem.

Well, as long as you know what you're doing, everything is modular :p I don't use full STEP, and I think the only requirement there is on the guide is for the patches.

I had the same problem. You'll go way over the 255 limit without some merging, especially if you start adding SkyRe and CoT and stuff like that. So many pathes needed. But I used some tips from this thread: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1033740-merging-user-reports/ and now I'm down to under 255 again.

But I wondered... I was thinking of removing the quest related mods from REGS and the new lands ones as I haven't really played Skyrim all that much yet so I probably have tons of content to play through anyways (or do I? If I'm wrong, please tell me :)). But will this break the REGS patches?

Also, while we're on the subject of SkyRe and waaaay to many esp's and all that, could someone explain the need and use of Balbor and Steelsouls SkyRe ReProccer Project and SkyRe ReProccer Compatibility Patches? I see that the first one is made for old versions of SkyRe and ReProccer, and I don't really understand anything about the description of the second one. Are they needed even if you run the ReProccer?

I had the same problem. You'll go way over the 255 limit without some merging, especially if you start adding SkyRe and CoT and stuff like that. So many pathes needed. But I used some tips from this thread: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1033740-merging-user-reports/ and now I'm down to under 255 again.

But I wondered... I was thinking of removing the quest related mods from REGS and the new lands ones as I haven't really played Skyrim all that much yet so I probably have tons of content to play through anyways (or do I? If I'm wrong, please tell me :)). But will this break the REGS patches?

Also, while we're on the subject of SkyRe and waaaay to many esp's and all that, could someone explain the need and use of Balbor and Steelsouls SkyRe ReProccer Project and SkyRe ReProccer Compatibility Patches? I see that the first one is made for old versions of SkyRe and ReProccer, and I don't really understand anything about the description of the second one. Are they needed even if you run the ReProccer?

From what I've managed to gather from the patch authors....the Balbor and Steelsouls Patches are out of date. I suggest using the Skyre Compatibility and Reproccer Patches by Xanthra.Also when you say you "used siome tips" do you just mean you combined some of the general combinations they reccomend?

Edited by TheLoreSeeker

I think ETaC Dragon Bridge South conflicts with FATT IV, which is still in REGS.  FATT II is pretty much all down on the Cyrodiil border, as far as I understand it.

Yep, my bad. 

ETaC has been such a major addition to my game. I really, really like it. Just been to Rorikstead and all I gotta say is daaamn bro. Hopefully Falkreath won't take too long to rebuild cause I never got to go when the 9.2 version was out. Anyway, I am installing DBS for the mo' just because I'm planning on installing other quest mods before I get anywhere near the FAtT mods. 

I'm sorry for diverging.

But for REGS, I still wonder if I'll break the patches and stuff if I remove the quest mods and extra lands, as I'm trying to lighten my load list a bit. I mean, I know I have to remove patches that have the mods as masters, but I wonder if that will have any impact on the rest of the stuff and if it will still work.

I must also say that I got very happy when I stumbled upon REGS as it looks totally awesome!