A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

I'm not sure that it does. From reading the patch description after a recent install, the RRR+NSutR patch is there to deal with a small incompatibility between RRR & NSutR i.e. both mods are running in the REGS pack. The ETaC patch for NSutR should still be needed if running both ETaC and No Snow.

On a different note - It looks like there are a few small fixes needed to the Requiem patch for ETaC. I've been having problems with duplicated doors at Dawnstar that have been driving me to the brink of insanity in my attempt to narrow down the cause (and part of the reason I had dropped ETaC for a while). Jenna has spotted a few things she missed from Requiem patch in the recent update, so there should be a further update soon if anyone is having issues. 

Edited by Quinnbeast

On a different note - It looks like there are a few small fixes needed to the Requiem patch for ETaC. I've been having problems with duplicated doors at Dawnstar that have been driving me to the brink of insanity in my attempt to narrow down the cause (and part of the reason I had dropped ETaC for a while). Jenna has spotted a few things she missed from Requiem patch in the recent update, so there should be a further update soon if anyone is having issues. 

I had this, fixing it was easy! check house/ door formid in console, copy it, find it in tes5edit, see if conflict with requiem, copy as override desired into a custom patch.

CJ, quite possibly an obvious question but REGS - RRR + NSUtR patch makes ETaC - Complete NSUtR Patch from the mod's page, redundant, right? 

It's actually a different file, which happens to have the same name. D:

The REGS - RRR + NSUtR patch.esp in v3.3.3 just fixes the snow around the Nightgate Inn. It's completely unrelated to ETaC. ::):

@MadWizard: Actually, using MFG Console would make that task even more easy, as you can then check directly from the game what esp places which items where. Really saves a lot of time (and sanity).

My point is that REGS itself is not outdated, except for the 3 missing BUM rules for ETaC, which I added now.Anyway, here's the changelog. <snip>

CJ - thanks for posting the change notes! You could add that Inns & Taverns was updated to v2.0 in that list, I think.I've started a "trial" play-through, and am going to investigate further into the FAtT II CTDs problem (haven't experienced it yet.) 

Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out how to do conflict resolution or mod ordering on my own (if it isn't in BOSS), but am very good at following the provided instructions.

When I was growing up my parents had a player piano, one that plays songs from a roll of paper with holes while you peddle you feet to run the motor that makes it go.

I learned how to play a bunch of songs by watching what notes were played for a part of the song, and then playing the notes myself until I got it right. Later, after becoming familiar enough with the songs, I was able to start changing parts - improvising. In other words, I pwn'ed my piano.

I've done the same where TES5Edit is concerned. It started with looking at all of the patches that Neo walks you through doing in SR, seeing what they're doing and trying to understand why they're necessary.

Then, opening up all of my mods, and looking for other instances of the same kinds of conflicts, and patching those too. If I see something overriding in a record type I'm not familiar with, I Google it. There's loads of good information on the Creation Kit wiki pages, and also the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages.

It takes time to pick things up, but it very much worth it as you don't then have to rely on others for conflict management, and can find and "fix" things specific only to your particular lineup of mods.

It's actually a different file, which happens to have the same name. D:

The REGS - RRR + NSUtR patch.esp in v3.3.3 just fixes the snow around the Nightgate Inn. It's completely unrelated to ETaC. ::):

Thanks!

Now, could you advise me as to what to do about installing DoR? I have Smelters for Riften and Solitude from krypto, would it be best to uninstall that file and install the Solitude version only, or can I just sort DoR after Smelters to override it.

My point is that REGS itself is not outdated, except for the 3 missing BUM rules for ETaC, which I added now.

Anyway, here's the changelog.

I wanted to add Realistic Boat Bobbing, but I need to check something with Ganda first so that'll be added when he's online. He's online now, so I'm adding that to the guide.

Thank for the new update!
Just would like to clarify regarding Unique Border Gates. Do we need both UniqueBorderGates-All and UniqueBorderGates-All-MoreImmersiveDawnguardEntrance? or just the later one? Thanks.

REGS is becoming my essential pack. 

I tried just doing the cities part of the guide and walking in and around Solitude cause a bunch of CTDsSot sure the issue but it could be the first step. To make sure the optional files, txt, ad esm were not installed i copied the other folders and made a new .rar and installed that through nmm. Could that be the problem? How I was I initially supposed to install nernies mod without that stuff?

I think there's a bit of an inconsistent BOSS userlist update with Realistic Boat Bobbing as of 3.3.3; 

Your BOSS userlist update says to put RBB Long and Row Boats - REGS.esp BEFORE ETaC - Complete.esp. But it has REGS - Better Docks.esp as a master, which has a userlist update that puts it BOTTOM Towns and Villages and after ETaC - Complete.esp

Otherwise thanks for the update!

• +1 1

Do we need to add in BUM - UniqueBorderGates-All.esp "BOTTOM'' Landscaping?

I did. And then sorted the MIDGE Patch AFTER UBG-All.

Two things here: a tiny fix has to be made for ELFX since the grass directly below the now absent lantern is still being magically illuminated. And second, the Dayspring Canyon map marker is strangely in the complete opposite direction from where it should be, past Dayspring Pass and before the Fort.

Sadly, it was completely impossible for me to install DoR (and I assume DoW, too). When loaded and upon entering Riften I dropped to massively low FPS, I never made it past the entrance.. sigh.. gotta a get a decent rig, I'm missing out! Not just for these types of mods but  I really want to play Dishonored and the system requirements are very high.

EDIT: How can I change the names from the npcs in Daggercross Alley using TES5Edit? Why is their race part of their name??

Edited by phryxolydian

Both. The MIDGE is just a patch for that mod. The All version includes the other 3 or 4 gates.

Correct. It's in the description of the file, too. "Patch requires UniqueBorderGates-All and More Immersive Dawnguard Entrance."I'll add a BUM rule for that. 

I tried just doing the cities part of the guide and walking in and around Solitude cause a bunch of CTDsSot sure the issue but it could be the first step. To make sure the optional files, txt, ad esm were not installed i copied the other folders and made a new .rar and installed that through nmm. Could that be the problem? How I was I initially supposed to install nernies mod without that stuff?

Actually, just install Nernie's mod normally, then disable NerniesCityandVillageExpansion.esp (or delete it from the data folder)Also, make sure you grab the loose version of her mod, otherwise the game won't be able to load the resources, and therefore will crash whenever it tries to load them. 

I think there's a bit of an inconsistent BOSS userlist update with Realistic Boat Bobbing as of 3.3.3; Your BOSS userlist update says to put RBB Long and Row Boats - REGS.esp BEFORE ETaC - Complete.esp. But it has REGS - Better Docks.esp as a master, which has a userlist update that puts it BOTTOM Towns and Villages and after ETaC - Complete.espOtherwise thanks for the update!

Oops, I thought I had REGS - Better Docks.esp set to TOP Towns and Cities. Thanks for the warning, fixing that.@phryxolydian: Gimme a few minutes and I'll reply ::P: Edited by CJ2311

I did. And then sorted the MIDGE Patch AFTER UBG-All. Two things here: a tiny fix has to be made for ELFX since the grass directly below the now absent lantern is still being magically illuminated. And second, the Dayspring Canyon map marker is strangely in the complete opposite direction from where it should be, past Dayspring Pass and before the Fort. Sadly, it was completely impossible for me to install DoR (and I assume DoW, too). When loaded and upon entering Riften I dropped to massively low FPS, I never made it past the entrance.. sigh.. gotta a get a decent rig, I'm missing out! Not just for these types of mods but  I really want to play Dishonored and the system requirements are very high. EDIT: How can I change the names from the npcs in Daggercross Alley using TES5Edit? Why is their race part of their name??

1. ELFX-Exteriors is not supported by the guide, because it does so many edits to the world that assume nothing will ever be modded. By design, the exterior modules of both RLO and ELFX are incompatible with most city mods. Except it's even worse in the case of ELFX.2. That's weird, because Dawn of Riften isn't performance hungry (at least not that I can see), try using the non-DLC version of it, maybe? Seeing as how it has less clutter, it could help.3. I hope this screenshot is clear enough: ::P: https://i.imgur.com/PLkfmIG.png