A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Just finished install REGS 3.3 with SRLE. Looks great. I ran SRLE quite smoothly 35-60fps outdoor.

After installing REGS, I got a lot of stutters and lags in Winterhold. Could it be because of scripts? What is your suggestion to fix it?

I plan to lower texture resolution mixed 1k and 2k. Thanks.

I am starting a new save.

Edit - When I used the 1k optimized HDLC all stutter and lag disappeared. VRAM is 2Gb. With SRLE alone, I can run HDLC without any problem.

Edited by thaiusmle

Just finished install REGS 3.3 with SRLE. Looks great. I ran SRLE quite smoothly 35-60fps outdoor.After installing REGS, I got a lot of stutters and lags in Winterhold. Could it be because of scripts? What is your suggestion to fix it?I plan to lower texture resolution mixed 1k and 2k. Thanks.I am starting a new save.Edit - When I used the 1k optimized HDLC all stutter and lag disappeared. VRAM is 2Gb. With SRLE alone, I can run HDLC without any problem.

I think it's regular behaviour for a 2GB GPU. I also run SRLE + REGS with a 2GB card (HD6950). If I only use SRLE then my game barely stutters. When combined with REGS it stutters because it constantly reaches the VRAM limit and therefore has to swap with RAM. The only solution is to decrease texture size.

Do note that some mods use vastly more resources than they might appear. Better Males is such an example, you can safely ddsopt those head msn files to .5k without significant quality loss and saving loads of vram (check the Better Males thread here on STEP for more info). On my own game I also had to ddsopt all the aMibidian born equipment stuff to 50%.

• +1 1

I am trying to build the REGS – SRLE Patch.esp. For some reason I show no conflicts with RavenRockExpanded.esp for the below records. RavenRockExpanded.esp does not show in TES5Edit as even having these records.

Armor 0701CDA8 DLC2TelvaniRobes

• Use record from RavenRockExpanded.esp (i.e. right-click the column, click ‘copy as override into…’, select ‘new file’ and type in the name REGS – SRLE Patch.esp)

• Copy the DATA – Data and the DNAM – Armor Rating records from Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp

Armor 07035677 DLC2TelvaniShoes

• Use record from RavenRockExpanded.esp

• Copy the DATA – Data and the DNAM – Armor Rating records from Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp

So I'm in the process of installing REGS 3.3 on top of SRLE and noticed an issue while creating a bashed patch...
As per the recommended load order (via BOSS and your guide for REGS-Cities) 3DNPC.esp is placed below REGS - Cities.esp which causes the REGS Patch - 3DNPC.esp to have out of order master records. 

Is it okay if I sort out the masters in the patch file via TESEdit or is that going to cause issues?

very excited to find this mod! i've been using the Nernie City modfor awhile and am happy to see this integrates it and fixes some stuff. ogg tho, whiterun looks as it usually does when i had just Nernie's installed, but when i go to Darkwater Crossing (thru coc console) none of the usual Nernie's addons are there, and i my FPS takes a dive (13-15) for the duration there, and i eventually crash. i do not have the nernie esp enabled. any ideas? thanks