A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Solitude combined version has just been released by JK and B2P. In all likelihood we will see a combined version of Markarth too.

Damn these are like the best times for REGS! Never had so many high quality city mods to choose from. 

I couldn't agree more! What is amazing is the high quality work that these two modders are producing AND they are working together and making compatible versions so we can all have our cake and eat it too! Also the rate they are producing these new mods is incredible. I think they must both enjoy the challenge of trying to outdo each other in a friendly way.

So all we need now is a JK BP2 compat Markarth. Then a JK Riften (with BP2 compat) and it will be a complete set for major city overhauls! Combined with ETaC, once the patches are out, I think we can safely lock in the REGS ultimate city and village overhaul :)

• +1 1

As I've said before, I'm leaning to stay away from those 2 mod combinations for performance reasons (and to avoid having to overcomplicate the guide) Here's what the changelog is looking like at the moment. I'm still giving a few days to missjennabee before updating in case she does an update as she said she might do. 

- Removed the REGS - Cities module and reverted to a simple replacer.- Made Nernie's City and Village Expansion standalone.- Made Windhelm Lighthouse standalone.- Added JK's Markarth.- Added JK's Solitude.- Added JK's Whiterun.- Added JK's Windhelm.- Updated Expanded Towns and Cities (ETaC) to version 13 (With Shor's Stone, Stonehills, South Dragon Bridge and Whiterun Outskirts).- Added a patch for Cutting Room Floor and ETaC Whiterun Outskirts.- Updated the patch for ORS - Morthal Pain and ETaC - Complete.- Removed Skyrim Sewers (For compatibility issues).- Removed Inns & Taverns (For compatibility issues).- Removed Fight Against the Thalmor (No longer supported).- Removed Dawn of Windhelm (Now covered by JK's Windhelm).- Removed Nernie's Solitude Interior (Now covered by JK's Solitude).- Removed Nernie's Whiterun Outskirts (Now covered by Expanded Towns and Cities).- Removed Raven Rock Expanded (Now covered by Expanded Towns and Cities).- Removed Immersive Settlements (Now covered by Expanded Towns and Cities).

EDIT: Oh and as usual, ELFX won't be supported since that patch hasn't been updated by missjennabee. I invite you to use the non-intrusive lighting mod called Relighting Skyrim instead. Edited by CJ2311
  • +1 2

As I've said before, I'm leaning to stay away from those 2 mod combinations for performance reasons (and to avoid having to overcomplicate the guide) Here's what the changelog is looking like at the moment. I'm still giving a few days to missjennabee before updating in case she does an update as she said she might do. EDIT: Oh and as usual, ELFX won't be supported since that patch hasn't been updated by missjennabee. I invite you to use the non-intrusive lighting mod called Relighting Skyrim instead.

Those changes sound great, I do enjoy the Dawn of series but I did notice a performance hit recently in areas combining DoS & JK's. I'm curious regarding ETaC v13, are you continuing to use the v12 patches in the absence of an update? I currently have ETaC v12 installed and have been postponing updating to v13 in anticipation of new patches (but I'd love to play with the new content).

Dear Nearox, CJ - I was wondering, will you also continue the support and update the setup for the SR-LE - REGS combination when REGS itself is updated ?  just going through the conflict resolution guide atm and seems Neo has covered several of the conflicts in his own guide as well I notice some duplicate info.

Cell

4th entry

Cell Block 7 Sub-Block 8 0001380F WinterholdCollegeHallofCountenance

• Use record from ELE – Interior Lighting.esp.
  • Copy the Owernship and the XCMO – Music Type records from CWIELnFXPatch.esp.

Last entry

Cell Block 7 Sub-Block 8 0001380F <WinterholdCollegeHallofCountenance>

• Use record from ELE-Interior Lighting.esp.
  • Copy the XOWN - Owner and the XCMO - Music Type from CollegeofWinterholdImmersive.esp

Certainly hope you will :) learning all I can and understand most if not all of the choices made in the conflict resolutions.

But understanding something and/or doing it myself are not exactly the same thing.

I am a patient follower of both guides, but if it would be left behind I'd go for the struggle myself.

Thank you so far your time and effort with REGS.

Edited by Ogham

As I've said before, I'm leaning to stay away from those 2 mod combinations for performance reasons (and to avoid having to overcomplicate the guide) 

No worries. I can fully appreciate that as I know some people had issues with DOW just as a standalone.

Like Keith, I am wondering about the Skyrim Sewer incompatibilities too?

I'm finally getting around to installing this great pack (this close to a playthru ll so can't wait for Etac's 13 patches and such :-) )  and at some point I had D/L ETaC v12.0 complete but the ETaC complete patches I have is v 12.1.    Will this be an issue ?   12.1 is no longer available on the Nexus.    Thanks for this Pack !  

Oh - what are the Skyrim Sewer 4 incompatibilities? The NavMeshes?

Yeah, basically I'd have to make 6 separate patches for the navmeshes to make Skyrim Sewers work with the rest of the guide. (One for each city mod, and two for the outskirts)Besides, some of the city mods cover some of the manholes with other stuff, so that's also a problem. And TBH Skyrim Sewers always seemed to have sewers that were too big for the cities they're in. :|

Those changes sound great, I do enjoy the Dawn of series but I did notice a performance hit recently in areas combining DoS & JK's. I'm curious regarding ETaC v13, are you continuing to use the v12 patches in the absence of an update? I currently have ETaC v12 installed and have been postponing updating to v13 in anticipation of new patches (but I'd love to play with the new content).

I've actually checked all the v12 patches that are required by the guide and they all work with ETaC v13 with the exception of the ORS Morthal Pain patch, that's why I'm including that one in the next version of REGS

So I guess my 12.0 and 12.1 patch is a no go :-) It would be great if I could grab that... Thank you

There is no version 12.1 of ETaC itself, only the patches have that version number. The v12.1 patches are meant to be used with ETaC v12. Edited by CJ2311
  • +1 1

Outstanding, thanks for confirming CJ, I'm upgrading to ETaC v13.

I followed your recommendations on JK's overhauls but added Dawn of Whiterun to his compatible WR file, my fps was tolerable there and I like it being a crowded trading hub. You were spot on about Windhelm, I prefer JK's take on it, and Blue Piano's Riften.

Edited by redirishlord