A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

So, I've just finished removing everything besides Nernie's Solitude and Windhelm outskirts from the old REGS - Cities.Here's the modified version for those who wish to use it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22967448/4.0/ModifiedNernies.rarI won't be including it in the guide until ETaC v13 is updated properly though, the lack of patches would be a problem otherwise.

A couple of notes on this for anyone who's using it temporarily.

1. CJ mentioned it some pages back, but as a reminder, Windhelm Lighthouse is not included, so if you want it in your game, it needs to be installed "standalone" and activated. Same for Skyrim Sewers 4, for that matter.

2. iNeed's recognition of the food / drinks added by Nernies will still happen, as long as REGS Resources.esm doesn't have the Nernie's stuff removed from it. I guess this note might be more important to CJ / Nearox / Gandaganza.

One of iNeed's scripts checks for the presence of Nernies by looking for one particular food item (can't recall what ATM), supplied either by REGS Resources.esm, or NerniesCityandVillageExpansion.esp. If neither of those are found, then I think the Nernies food stuffs won't be recognized by iNeed.

Another note for CJ / Nearox / Gandaganza regarding the planned update to REGS:

With MannyGT's Drinking Fountains of Skyrim (a real life-saver as an iNeed user!) I need to point out that at least in Solitude, there are fountains blocked / clipped by both JK's Solitude and Dawn of Solitude. I've taken screenshots, but until I go in again to be sure that I've properly purged the cell buffers, I won't be forwarding those to JK and BluePianoTwo. This is something that probably needs a patch to move fountains or other objects around a bit - just a heads up.

Edited by keithinhanoi

2. iNeed's recognition of the food / drinks added by Nernies will still happen, as long as REGS Resources.esm doesn't have the Nernie's stuff removed from it. I guess this note might be more important to CJ / Nearox / Gandanza. One of iNeed's scripts checks for the presence of Nernies by looking for one particular food item (can't recall what ATM), supplied either by REGS Resources.esm, or NerniesCityandVillageExpansion.esp. If neither of those are found, then I think the Nernies food stuffs won't be recognized by iNeed.

Don't worry about that, I made sure to keep the same formIDs for most if not all of Nernie's resources, including the food. And the new version of the REGS - Cities module will be in a single esp named "NerniesCityandVillageExpansion.esp", so it'll just be one more replacer at the end of the day. I think I might even send it to Nernie and see if she'll include it on her downloads page.
  • +1 1

CJ - I see that the REGS Cities.esp master dependencies of the REGS 3DNPC and REGS CRF patches center around NavMesh records, some of them clearly relating to Skyrim Sewers in the 3DNPC patch, and then Skyrim Sewers and ??? in the CRF patch.

Obviously those need to be rebuilt, so can the merged NavMeshes be made using the same "easier" way you described a couple of days ago?

EDIT:

I also realized that if REGS is suggesting using Skyrim Sewers 4 standalone, then it's a chance to start using the 4.12 update, which among other things in the release notes, "manually removed some of the unnecessary navmesh edits in Tamriel worldspace made by the CK".

EDIT 2:

Okay, this should probably be labelled as highly experimental, but here is a download file with modified versions of the REGS 3DNPC and CRF patches, which have had all REGS Cities.esp references replaced with their equivalents in SkyrimSewers.esp. Most of the the fixed references were NavMesh record-related.

This of course means these patches require Skyrim Sewers 4.

I made all the edits solely in TES5Edit, so I cannot guarantee the navmesh edits will work, but at worst it probably means followers won't go into the sewers after you. All other edits are the same as in the original patches, and I haven't checked if anything from the latest versions of 3DNPC or CRF needs to be added.

Edited by keithinhanoi
Another note for CJ / Nearox / Gandaganza regarding the planned update to REGS:

With MannyGT's Drinking Fountains of Skyrim (a real life-saver as an iNeed user!) I need to point out that at least in Solitude, there are fountains blocked / clipped by both JK's Solitude and Dawn of Solitude. I've taken screenshots, but until I go in again to be sure that I've properly purged the cell buffers, I won't be forwarding those to JK and BluePianoTwo. This is something that probably needs a patch to move fountains or other objects around a bit - just a heads up.

I'm paraphrasing/truncating his previous post. I don't use needs mods or the fountains, but Keith is usually spot on.

With MannyGT's Drinking Fountains of Skyrim (a real life-saver as an iNeed user!)

Hey Keith, I never used Drinking Fountains as I didn't find it necessary with iNeed. iNeed updated all city wells so you could drink from them or refill waterskins. Plus you could buy or craft your own drinking barrels and buckets for placement anywhere which gave instant compatibility with all modded towns (ETaC) and player homes. Just pointing this out in case you are running an older version. Cheers.

Ever since iNeed I have stopped using Drinking Fountains for Skyrim... I also find that they often do not match the environment. personally wouldn't mind if it is taken out of REGS, especially seeing the reported conflicts with upcoming mod inclusions.

Although I think those fountains are pretty cool, and have appreciated them as someone too lazy to buy and carry around those heavy barrel + bucket kits, I'm afraid I have to agree here.

I'll report the "incompatibility" to JKrojmal and BluePianoTwo, but I'm going to remove Drinking Fountains from my load order. Probably what I'll do then is go into TES5Edit and patch in the special iNeed well records to any wells added / relocated by ETaC or otherwise.

So, anyhow...

Has any fearless bleeding edge REGS followers tried ETaC 13 + CJ's new Nernie's outskirts only replacer + Skyrim Sewers 4 + Windhelm Lighthouse + my modified 3DNPC / CRF patches yet? I haven't because I'm at work, and I'm wondering if anyone's rig blew up as a result?  ::P:

Edited by keithinhanoi