A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Has any fearless bleeding edge REGS followers tried ETaC 13 + CJ's new Nernie's outskirts only replacer + Skyrim Sewers 4 + Windhelm Lighthouse + my modified 3DNPC / CRF patches yet? I haven't because I'm at work, and I'm wondering if anyone's rig blew up as a result?  ::P:

To be honest I am waiting for the ETaC patches and specfically the new ETaC ELFX patch update before installing ETaC 13. I'm also waiting for a Solitude JK/DOW compat file before I make any major changes. BTW Dawn of Whiterun just updated to 1.5 - mostly AI changes and removal of Hearthfire dependency.

To be honest I am waiting for the ETaC patches and specfically the new ETaC ELFX patch update before installing ETaC 13. I'm also waiting for a Solitude JK/DOW compat file before I make any major changes. BTW Dawn of Whiterun just updated to 1.5 - mostly AI changes and removal of Hearthfire dependency.

What he said, except I'm a Relighting Skyrim kid. I'm still using ETaC 12 and hunting other bugs, something gave me floaty trees in the distance (Realistic Aspens? Ultimate Lush Overhaul? I'll find the culprit and bring them to justice, in Stendarr's Name!).

[spoiler=Images]Posted Image

Posted Image

And the winner is ... Realistic Aspen Trees replacing SFO's LOD.

Edited by redirishlord

Hi! I just attempted a REGS install on top of STEP Extended 2.2.9 v2, and quite a few things were unclear to me - I hope it's not too much to go through. If you're kind enough to answer, feel free to be super short.1 - Immersive College of Winterhold: the special instructions for SR:LE mention installing the Skyrim Distance Overhaul Patch. SDO is in STEP too, but that's not mentioned here. Intention or oversight - should I install this SDO patch or is that conflict handled in your REGS Extended patch?2 - Cutting Room Floor has version 1.0.9 out now - compatible or not? I'm guessing no, since this mod gets fixes in both the STEP patch and in yours, plus it adds new stuff?3 - The Inconsequential NPCS - CRF compatibility patch, that the guide says to install, is based on CRF 1.0.7, not 1.0.8 - not a problem?4 - The guide says to install Interesting NPCs 3.07, but with the INPC HF patch 3_05. Typo or intentional?5 - Can I use Moon & Star 1.12 instead of 1.11, since it seems to fix quite a few bugs? Also what about the optional M&S immersion patch, is it compatible with REGS or not?6- Should the REGS - STEP Extended Patch be used in addition to the STEP Extended Patch, or replace it? Also, the REGS patches were built when the STEP patches 2.2.9 v1 were out, but not the current v2 or the new USKP, which I have installed. Is it a problem when I now use the older REGS Extended Patch version with 2.2.9v2 and USKP 2.0.6?7 - The additional compatibility patches for Falskaar and Wyrmstooth, which I skipped during the STEP installation (f.e. for Realistic Water Two and SkyFalls/SkyMills), are not needed cause of your REGS STEP patch, correct?8 - Do LOOT users only need to regard the 2 edits on the main page, or the page with BUM rules too? Are no LOOT rules for the REGS patches/esps necessary?9- LOOT shows that No Snow under the Roof, Inns and Taverns, Dragonmourn Inn, and The Domain are dirty. No cleaning those, right? 

Edited by Vedra

Hi! I just attempted a REGS install on top of STEP Extended 2.2.9 v2, and quite a few things were unclear to me - I hope it's not too much to go through. If you're kind enough to answer, feel free to be super short.

1 - Immersive College of Winterhold: the special instructions for SR:LE mention installing the Skyrim Distance Overhaul Patch. SDO is in STEP too, but that's not mentioned here. Intention or oversight - should I install this SDO patch or is that conflict handled in your REGS Extended patch?

I didn't make or ever use the STEP patches ( I did the SRLE section) so I can't comment on that. However even if it would already be included in the Extended patch, you can still use the original SDO patch from ICW. Because if these fixes were forwarded they would/should be the same. 

2 - Cutting Room Floor has version 1.0.9 out now - compatible or not? I'm guessing no, since this mod gets fixes in both the STEP patch and in yours, plus it adds new stuff?

CRF 1.09 is compatible

3 - The Inconsequential NPCS - CRF compatibility patch, that the guide says to install, is based on CRF 1.0.7, not 1.0.8 - not a problem?

The patch still works.

4 - The guide says to install Interesting NPCs 3.07, but with the INPC HF patch 3_05. Typo or intentional?

Unintentional :;): . Simply grab all the stuff from Interesting NPC's nexus page for the current version, including the 'missing meshes'

5 - Can I use Moon & Star 1.12 instead of 1.11, since it seems to fix quite a few bugs? Also what about the optional M&S immersion patch, is it compatible with REGS or not?

1)yes

2) Don't see a reason why it shouldn't be. 

6- Should the REGS - STEP Extended Patch be used in addition to the STEP Extended Patch, or replace it? Also, the REGS patches were built when the STEP patches 2.2.9 v1 were out, but not the current v2 or the new USKP, which I have installed. Is it a problem when I now use the older REGS Extended Patch version with 2.2.9v2 and USKP 2.0.6?

Again, I can't help you there because I am not involved with those. Generally it should not be a problem, barring some minor compatiblity issues which you might not notice during gameplay.

7 - The additional compatibility patches for Falskaar and Wyrmstooth, which I skipped during the STEP installation (f.e. for Realistic Water Two and SkyFalls/SkyMills), are not needed cause of your REGS STEP patch, correct?

Sorry again, I don't know, but in this case they are probably not included. You can check SRLE's instructions for RWT and SFSM for Falskaar/Wyrmstooth install instructions. 

8 - Do LOOT users only need to regard the 2 edits on the main page, or the page with BUM rules too? Are no LOOT rules for the REGS patches/esps necessary?

BUM rules are for BOSS only. LOOT should sort everything correct apart from where other instructions are given. 

9- LOOT shows that No Snow under the Roof, Inns and Taverns, Dragonmourn Inn, and The Domain are dirty. No cleaning those, right?

Nope, don't clean anything unless otherwised mentioned in REGS

REGS development and maintenance has not been so frequent lately. However we are currently working on a major update to the guide, so I am sure all the unclear stuff will be addressed in the near future. Thanks for reporting and let me know if you encounter any other problems.

Has any one played with Orvar's Tomb Remastered (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57221), or considered adding it to REGS?   It looks really good from its review by Brodual (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUvZFAuymsc&index=13&list=UUMQkYC9HUcPTertReHILVOA).  And looking at it in TES5EDIT, against the rest of REGS, the only conflict I see is with a navmesh in falltreebranches.esp, which is of no significance whatsoever.   I'm going to try to merge it into my new build, and I think it would make a good addition to REGS.

Edited by GalenZ

Provincial Courier Service by Arthmoor has been updated;

"Version 1.2.4

Split the house location into exterior and interior components so NPCs passing through won't ask if the player is lost.Added radiant keywords, ledger, and strongbox to allow the courier's residence to be chosen for Thieves Guild fishing jobs and heist jobs.Added radiant object keywords to allow the courier's residence to be chosen for Companions animal extermination quests."

I'm really glad to see you are healthy enough to post on the forums again CJ. It's also always great to have your perspective on the mods here again.

I use Frostfall, and like Teabag86 I find Inns and Taverns extremely helpful - some warm places in otherwise bitter cold areas of Skyrim. I don't use the inns or taverns near cities that conflict with other mods. When the exciting new changes to REGS are complete, I'll probably modify I&T to create a version for myself that only includes the remote inns and taverns.

I'm not using an ENB, at least right now, and like some others have mentioned I have not seen the FPS problems with Dawn of Whiterun that some have reported.

I'm mostly looking forward to the set of city mods that has been discussed here over the past few weeks as it sounds like they should be reasonably compatible.

I'm really glad to see you are healthy enough to post on the forums again CJ. It's also always great to have your perspective on the mods here again.

I use Frostfall, and like Teabag86 I find Inns and Taverns extremely helpful - some warm places in otherwise bitter cold areas of Skyrim. I don't use the inns or taverns near cities that conflict with other mods. When the exciting new changes to REGS are complete, I'll probably modify I&T to create a version for myself that only includes the remote inns and taverns.

I'm not using an ENB, at least right now, and like some others have mentioned I have not seen the FPS problems with Dawn of Whiterun that some have reported.

I'm mostly looking forward to the set of city mods that has been discussed here over the past few weeks as it sounds like they should be reasonably compatible.

Good news: Menathradiel posts today;

"My goodness! I must first apologise for not being around for so long. I have been absolutely swamped this summer, and hardly ever at home for months now. I will try to go back through the thread and answer questions (and also PMs in my inbox) this evening/tomorrow, but it might take me a while.

On that note, I will be away from home, yet again, from Friday 26th Sept until Thursday 9th October. This is the last trip I am anticipating this year, so I will be free to get back to modding while things are quiet during the winter."