A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Corners of Skyrim has been tested back in february but was found to have too many issues, in particular with navmesh.

There is this guy Olha2 in https://forums.nexusm...eleted-navmesh/ that is trying to fix it. 

Yesterday he said: "i'm currently bussy with RL but i think ill have time this weekend i previous attempts i think i managed to fix 4 out of 5 but ill look into this again this weekend"

Maybe someone can give him a hand...

Edited by afonik

I see. So would trial and error work? E.g. :

[*]copy/paste an imagespace name (from the LMTP record if I remember correct) and the lighting data in tes5edit from ELE into the building's FormID.

[*]Log into game, go to the building in question and see how it looks.

[*]If it doesnt look good > Try another imagespace from ELE

Pretty much yeah. Lol

When installing the patches for etac 12.1 what options should I install for the second screen?  The screen seems to be related to SMIM and No Snow under the Roof.  But there's nothing mentioned in the guide.  Is this something that's already included in the REGs patch, so there's no need to select an option?

Keith, do you happen to have a patch for ETaC 13.0 - ELFX 2.0?

I started one, but it's very very basic - without yet having disabled lightsources where there are too many added by both ETaC & ELFX. Then I got distracted with the two new Solitude makeovers.

However, it's probably a waste of time to continue working on since MJB has said there's another update coming very soon, which will include a new ELFX patch.

Speaking of Solitude mods, I am putting together a set of comparison screens of vanilla Solitude vs JK's Solitude vs Dawn of Solitude, and will post those here later today, after work.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, I forgot - BluePianoTwo has already released the "final" member of her city overhauls, Dawn of Markarth!

(Waiting for the other shoe to drop from JKrojmal :;): )

Edited by keithinhanoi
  • +1 1

Pretty much yeah. Lol

Neo I think it works indeed by trial and error!

Have a look at this test I did of Books of Skyrim. 

Default Books of Skyrim/SRLE:

Posted Image

Patch with ELE's LMTP JZSolitudeInt_LT:

Posted Image

I did not tinker with individual values. I don't think I have to because it appears the ELE LMTP overwrites them anyways. Like the result?

Here is the patch ESP, please have a look and let me know what you think. If this is how it's done then I will do the entire ETaC :D

ELE - Books of Skyrim Patch.esp

EDIT: I had to copy the template itself from ELE - Interior Lighting.esp into the new patch ESP. I had to do that, otherwise tes5edit would give me an error when filling in the LMTP name for the Books of Skyrim cell. Is there a way to skip this? I don't want the patch ESPs to have 'dirty edits'. 

Edited by Nearox

Hey CJ how you been?

Feels like I've been through hell but I'm all better now. Thanks for asking. :)

I'm assuming the patch above paves the way for JK's exteriors to be used?

Actually, it was more so that ETaC - Whiterun outskirts can be used, but I just ran the game with ETaC's Whiterun + JK's whiterun and CRF and the result was pretty decent. Don't know how it will affect the FPS though.So far, it looks like the next update to the guide will be rather simple, with the addition of some BluePiano's mods and some of JK's.However, I'm afraid Inns & Taverns will have to be dropped with ETaC 13 because of the triple overlapping at Stonehills and Shor's Stone (CRF + ETaC + I&T = No more space).

So, I've just finished removing everything besides Nernie's Solitude and Windhelm outskirts from the old REGS - Cities.Here's the modified version for those who wish to use it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22967448/4.0/ModifiedNernies.rarI won't be including it in the guide until ETaC v13 is updated properly though, the lack of patches would be a problem otherwise.

Thanks a lot for this!  ::D:

So far, it looks like the next update to the guide will be rather simple, with the addition of some BluePiano's mods and some of JK's.However, I'm afraid Inns & Taverns will have to be dropped with ETaC 13 because of the triple overlapping at Stonehills and Shor's Stone (CRF + ETaC + I&T = No more space).

Yeah indeed the update will be relatively simple to execute, although the amount of changes in game is rather spectacular. As soon as Jk and bluepiano finish the combination of their solitude mods, and as soon as ETaC 13 is updated, then the guide can imho be updated. I don't think anyone is against the JK/Dawn of combinations - except on grounds of FPS loss. However ETaC also causes major FPS drops in some places so if anyone doesn't want to use them it can be their choice. The visuals increase a lot with those mods installed. 

Iins and Taverns has to go... Unless we cut out the overlapping places. But with ETaC already adding more inns to some towns, I think Inns and Taverns is not a necessity anymore.

The problem is that I've not seen Mena online on steam for a few months now... (Since June if my memory serves me right),

And I never asked her for permission to modify her mod, so releasing a version of Inns & Taverns that doesn't have the 3 conflicting inns is out of the question.