A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

^^ Hi Keith,

As I am using PoW together with JK's Whiterun (not Dawn of Whiterun though), there are indeed clipping/overlapping issues. I am using a custom version of PoW which gets rid of all (I hope) trees that i could find that were clipping etc. I am not sure if I am allowed to post this esp here but in any case these are the FormIDs from PoW that are clipping with JK's...you can remove them using TES5Edit.

That's really helpful, thanks. I had started to jot down FormIDs, and was actually thinking of moving some of the PoW trees and deleting any where there's also a better one placed by JK. I haven't turned PoW off yet to get an impression of whether I would miss the trees it provides, but I figure I'd miss the aspens. I know that they're not native to WR, but then neither are all the evergreens really, just suddenly inside the walls of a city on tundra plains.

Anyhow, regardless of whether I move and/or just delete those clipping trees, all of that could be accomplished in a patch plugin as opposed to a full replacer for PoW, but I'd also feel uncomfortable sharing it without checking in with both authors. Maybe I'll try doing that (since I've done similar things before.)

In other news, I activated the JK's Whiterun outskirts plugin, and as far as I can tell, it seems to only affect the immediate area around the main gate and down the path the secondary archway entrance - by adding a lot of extra wooden protection and walkways. So far I can't find any conflicts / clipping between JK's WR outskirts and the REGS modified version of Nernie's WR outskirts edits - which adds houses and elements further out (the outer-outskirts!)

Thanks for these reports and the suggestions, guys. 

I also got some news here: 

• Gandaganza has benevolently offered his assistance with REGS, so please welcome him on the team! 
  • JK's Whiterun will most likely be implemented once it starts to look like he finishes.

And I have 2 requests:

• In the absence of CJ2311, who will be missed dearly, we are in need of someone with CK knowledge, especially in navmeshing. CJ2311 learned it himself back in february by watching videos and reading some guides, so even if you do not currently have this knowledge but if you are interested in it, contact me or Gandaganza! I unfortunately do not have the time right now, or even the skills, to embark on this myself.
  • Someone in this thread posted before which REGS mods they merged. But I cannot find it anymore. If you know who it is or if you have succesfully merged some REGS esps, please contact me in this thread!
Edited by Nearox

JK's Whiterun version 1 is classed as complete according to the mod author.

I posted a little while ago that I had merged PedragPesic's 3 dungeon mods but I haven't tested Englemanns Rest yet. Not sure if that is what you are referring to?

Finally welcome Gandaganza :)

My ears are burning :;):

I'm not doing anything advanced in the merge department, just trial and error and no sophisticated check to be sure changes carry forward, I really need to up my game in that regard.

The simple steps I've been using are; 1. LOOT sort, Load mods to merge into TES5Edit and run its error check (avoid mods with NavMeshes as more than one addressing the same asset causes problems), Run the TES5Edit merge script, Close TES5Edit, Load new merged plugin in TES5Edit and error check.

ProTips; avoid custom NPC mods as the facegen files will need their own mod file for the meshes & textures (unless you want to make a custom "NPC Roundup" mod), avoid mods with dependencies you aren't going to include (Guard Animations for GDO requires GDO which causes issues).

tl;dr

I can set up a pure REGS profile and see what merges nice & clean. If anyone has some insight on best merge practices, I'd love to learn more.

I see. If you would be willing to make a REGS profile version, that'd be great! Then I will take a look at your esp too and see if anything catches my eye that hasn't catched yours. Double check is best :)

Edited by Nearox
  • Someone in this thread posted before which REGS mods they merged. But I cannot find it anymore. If you know who it is or if you have succesfully merged some REGS esps, please contact me in this thread!

I got some merge. I merged them without renumber FormID

Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp

Prometheus_NSUTR BDS Patch.esp

Prometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock.esp

Inconsequential NPCs.esp

Inconsequential NPCs.esp

Inconsequential NPCs - CRF Compatibility Patch.esp

CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp

CWIDawnDragonPatch.esp

CWINPCImprovements.esp

RBB - REGS Merge.esp

RBB - REGS Merge.esp

RBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix.esp

ETaC Patch - MERGED.esp

ETaC - Complete BFT Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete EWDR Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete NSutR Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete ORS Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete Taverns Patch.esp

ETaC - Falskaar Patch.esp

ETaC - BDS Patch.esp

REGS Patch - MERGED.esp

REGS Patch - Riften NavFull.esp

REGS Patch - NSutR + RRR.esp

REGS Patch - STEP Extended.esp

REGS Patch -3DNC.esp

Signs - MERGED.esp

HoldBorderBanners.esp

Point The Way.esp

UniqueBorderGates-All.esp

UniqueBorderGates-All-BetterDGEntrance.esp

UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp

I got some merge. I merged them without renumber FormID

Prometheus_NSUTR BDS Patch.esp

Prometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock.esp

Inconsequential NPCs.esp

Inconsequential NPCs.esp

Inconsequential NPCs - CRF Compatibility Patch.esp

CWIDawnDragonPatch.esp

CWINPCImprovements.esp

RBB - REGS Merge.esp

RBB - REGS Merge.esp

RBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix.esp

ETaC Patch - MERGED.esp

ETaC - Complete BFT Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete EWDR Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete NSutR Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete ORS Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete Taverns Patch.esp

ETaC - Falskaar Patch.esp

ETaC - BDS Patch.esp

REGS Patch - MERGED.esp

REGS Patch - Riften NavFull.esp

REGS Patch - NSutR + RRR.esp

REGS Patch - STEP Extended.esp

REGS Patch -3DNC.esp

Signs - MERGED.esp

HoldBorderBanners.esp

Point The Way.esp

UniqueBorderGates-All.esp

UniqueBorderGates-All-BetterDGEntrance.esp

UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp

You got my BIG thanks for sharing! Just wondering why you opted not to renumber FormIDs, since the author of the merge script says that they should be for 99% of cases. What I never understood is: What determines whether you need to disable renumbering or enable? If the mod contains scripts that refer to, or are referred by, specific formids?

Also have you run into any issues while playing the game at those locations?

Edited by Nearox
  • +1 1