Dawn of Riften (By BluePianoTwo)

IrishBandit

I like all of those mods. There are very few major city enhancing mods that are not outrageous, and the mods by this author are pretty subtle and leave a lot of the vanilla feeling intact. I don't use them at the moment though, but in any serious playthrough I have always used his Whiterun and Windhelm mods.

I love it. Dawn of Riften/Whiterun/Windhelm are simply amazing. These mods + Immersive Settlements are my go-to cities/villages mods. Performance hit isn't big and just the right amount of "improvements" (I'm looking at you and the ridiculous amount of stuff you add, Expanded Towns and Cities).

Looks cool. How does it play with the other current step mods?

No issues at all. These mods generally only add stuff and draw their textures/meshes from either vanilla or the ones you have modded.

Only issue that might occur is clipping or object conflict (e.g. a bench in windhelm conflcits with a brazier from elfx) but when you happen to see that in game, use console and then click the item to figure out the formid (or use STATUS to get the cellid) and then delete it in tes5edit.

Only issue that might occur is clipping or object conflict (e.g. a bench in windhelm conflcits with a brazier from elfx) but when you happen to see that in game, use console and then click the item to figure out the formid (or use STATUS to get the cellid) and then delete it in tes5edit.

Surely disable?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Does this mod add as many new NPCs, houses and other majorly stupid stuff like Enhanced Towns and Cities?

The performance hit from that mod is ridiciolous and the amount of stuff added or changed doenst really felt like vanilla anymore.

I would really love a mod for Whiterun and Windhelm, but EToC are just not what im looking for.

F.e. i really like the Falkenreath imperial city overhaul, which changes only the texture of the buildings and the outer walls to fit the lore of the city, its pretty vanilla friendly.

No this mod series is nothing like ETaC. It adds a few shopkeeper NPCs but that' about it I think. No houses, only exterior market stalls/statues etc.

Anyways just try it out yourself.

@jakeslim: I prefer to do delete stuff that is not going to be in my game.

Does this mod add as many new NPCs, houses and other majorly stupid stuff like Enhanced Towns and Cities?

The performance hit from that mod is ridiciolous and the amount of stuff added or changed doenst really felt like vanilla anymore.

I would really love a mod for Whiterun and Windhelm, but EToC are just not what im looking for.

F.e. i really like the Falkenreath imperial city overhaul, which changes only the texture of the buildings and the outer walls to fit the lore of the city, its pretty vanilla friendly.

Come on, read what I said two posts above you. Same guy made Dawn of Whiterun and Dawn of Windhelm.

So I've started a new game just a few hours ago and while it's not about Dawn of Riften is it about what the author did to Whiterun.

Whiterun is ****ing amazing. It really adds to the atmosphere without just adding things. Whiterun's layout itself is hardly changed but BluePianoTwo just filled in the town with extra merchants, making it feel like it the city is diverse trading hub. And she didn't just place them everywhere, they feel like they're unobtrusive and in the right place. There's nice placements with some flowers and the statue of Ysragmor in the Cloud district is a nice touch. The only thing that's bothering me a bit is that there's a few animals like chickens and a goat running around when you enter Whiterun. So far I heartily approve, it really fleshes out the city with adding too much and making it tacky.

If this is how Whiterun looks then I'm stoked to see the Windhelm and Riften makeover BluePianoTwo has done. And really looking forward to her work with the other cities.

So Piano is a girl, didn't know that!

Her work is amazing indeed, and Windhelm/Riften have the same quality.

She is; I have invited her to our forums, and she kindly accepted the invitation :)

I assume she'll reveal herself soon.

In the meantime, I'll make a separate threads for Whiterun and Windhelm mods, as per the posting rules, and so that we can discuss each one separately.

Hi everyone!

I'm BluePianoTwo over on the nexus (and yes, I am female!).

If you have any questions or anything about my mods, I'll be here. It was quite a nice surprise to wake up this morning and find that they were being considered. :)