Dawn of Riften (By BluePianoTwo)

IrishBandit

Looks cool. How does it play with the other current step mods?

No issues at all. These mods generally only add stuff and draw their textures/meshes from either vanilla or the ones you have modded.

Only issue that might occur is clipping or object conflict (e.g. a bench in windhelm conflcits with a brazier from elfx) but when you happen to see that in game, use console and then click the item to figure out the formid (or use STATUS to get the cellid) and then delete it in tes5edit.

Does that only happen with ELFX - Exteriors?

I don't remember really, it's been a while since I had to fix that. There's no harm in it anyways. When you encounter it ingame, then either disable it via console or remove the record in the esp. 

The bench is situated right in front of you, behind the brazier, when entering Windhelm.

I don't remember really, it's been a while since I had to fix that. There's no harm in it anyways. When you encounter it ingame, then either disable it via console or remove the record in the esp. 

The bench is situated right in front of you, behind the brazier, when entering Windhelm.

Ok. I'll take note of that. Are you using these "dawn of X" mods with any other city expansion mods? I'm trying to see what is compatible with what. I take it the two big mods to use with these are immersive settlement OR ETAC, right? Right now I'm just using Better Towns (and mills) textures and the mod that expands falkreath. 

Also, does BOSS sort these correctly?

ETaC has a dedicated forum for compatibility. You'll find loads of good advise there on city mods as well as a list of some of the more popular ones available. 

Let's see... In my previous playthrough (approx 1 month ago) I used: Solitude Docks District, Better Docks (modular, no solitude), Riften Thief Edition (make sure to clean the esp), Immersive College of Winterhold, Expanded Winterhold Destruction Ruins, Skyrim Bridges, Aurora Village (can really recommend this one, beautiful work), Whiterun Outskirts Market + Patch (seperate mod), SkyFix Tidier Warmaiden Workshop, ETaC... I could go on for a while... Plus Dawn of x of course.

BOSS does sort almost all of these correctly (riften TE being the exception afaik) but for all city mods you should always 1) clean with tes5edit 2) put in correct load order 3) resolve esp conflicts + forward changes from unofficial patches.

Hmmm now I'm thinking, a city mod pack for step would be a nice project tbh :D

ETaC has a dedicated forum for compatibility. You'll find loads of good advise there on city mods as well as a list of some of the more popular ones available. 

Let's see... In my previous playthrough (approx 1 month ago) I used: Solitude Docks District, Better Docks (modular, no solitude), Riften Thief Edition (make sure to clean the esp), Immersive College of Winterhold, Expanded Winterhold Destruction Ruins, Skyrim Bridges, Aurora Village (can really recommend this one, beautiful work), Whiterun Outskirts Market + Patch (seperate mod), SkyFix Tidier Warmaiden Workshop, ETaC... I could go on for a while... Plus Dawn of x of course.

BOSS does sort almost all of these correctly (riften TE being the exception afaik) but for all city mods you should always 1) clean with tes5edit 2) put in correct load order 3) resolve esp conflicts + forward changes from unofficial patches.

Hmmm now I'm thinking, a city mod pack for step would be a nice project tbh :D

I mean if someone would create that, that would be great. When getting into these mods, all these different compatibility/conflicts/whatever get really confusing. I loved what Smile did for the Weather and Lighting Pack. That pack really improved the look and feel of my game. It's also where I discovered Serenity ENB, which I love. An Architecture Expansion Pack (that's what I would call it) would improve things even more and then everyone would be on the same page in terms of compatibility/load order questions. I can help you with that if you want. I have a few city expansion mods that I use myself that i like. We can see if we can fit it into your vision of the pack.

Hmm yeah. Thing with a pack like that and with compatibiltiy is that

1) STEP (even core) is still going through quite a lot of changes, and I expect it will be at least until 3.0 is released - which is supposed to be more or less like a finalized core version to be used together with packs (step extended might become a pack, that is my understanding at least).

2) Major city/town enhancers such as ETaC are still in continuous development. Loads of changes every version.

3) There's quite a high level of quality inconsistence not only between mods, but also within mods. One town can then look much better than the other and have decent NPCs with voice acting etc. while another has not.

These 3 issues as well as some others mean that such a pack will be quite an effort to set up, as well as to maintain. I would love to do it at some point though.

Hmm yeah. Thing with a pack like that and with compatibiltiy is that

1) STEP (even core) is still going through quite a lot of changes, and I expect it will be at least until 3.0 is released - which is supposed to be more or less like a finalized core version to be used together with packs (step extended might become a pack, that is my understanding at least).

2) Major city/town enhancers such as ETaC are still in continuous development. Loads of changes every version.

3) There's quite a high level of quality inconsistence not only between mods, but also within mods. One town can then look much better than the other and have decent NPCs with voice acting etc. while another has not.

These 3 issues as well as some others mean that such a pack will be quite an effort to set up, as well as to maintain. I would love to do it at some point though.

Yea. Well I'd be totally down to help you with that so when the updates slow down, please contact me.