Physics Impact Damage Fix (by flexcreator)

DoubleYou

No, it applies the setting to moveable statics like rocks, buckets, carts... all that stuff. What happens is that the damage is now increases the faster the object is moving. Go to Solitude get on top of the buildings and spawn some carts or rocks, then just let them fall on people. It is really satisfying to kill people without worrying about crime.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow that looks like an exploitation. :-/

True, but I would wager that we don't ignore the mod because it can be used for exploits. It is a single-player gamer after all and people can do whatever they want in their own game. Instead we should look at the mod as a fix for something and from what I have read it sounds awesome.

Amusing turns into annoying. You know how sometimes you stub your toe, in game? That's how I describe it, anyway, when you run over something like some bones, and it damages you slightly. Well, I just died of a stubbed toe. I think I ran over a couple of bones in the Reeking Cave. Pretty sure a skull rebounded off the wall and killed me. Not good. 

Yeah. I suppose I could just roleplay that in. "Prisoner takes a head injury from the flying debris. Her brain swells while she lies unconscious, and the cave becomes her frozen tomb."

I don't mind really, except I didn't save for a while (totally my fault) and since I'm already playing with realistic needs, frostfall, deadly combat, Skyre, and some other realism mods, I'm already sort of made of paper. Now I just have to make sure I don't get an infection from a scrape on the way out of the cave. 

This mod takes velocity into account so that skull was probably moving fast enough to kill.

But I doubt the skull should have been moving fast enough to kill from a kick, certainly not enough to rebound off a wall.

It may force people to limit their fps to stop the physics engine going crazy - I used to die (without this physics fix) in dungeons when running into stuff and having them rebound so quickly that they struck me multiple times per second, enough to kill me in a few seconds. Since capping my fps I haven't seen that happen once.

The physics gels so objects how to move per frame based on the most common FPS which is between 30 & 60. Scaling that to all other framerates would quickly become and nightmare for math guys. I do a lot of n-dimensional math and it is maddening to implement with software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like how traps, falling boulders, and the like are now more lethal. Especially when an enemy falls right into one. Not so much when it happens to me though; honestly the amount of times I've been nearly killed by things like bones, vases, and debris. You'd think that the Dragonborn moves around with football kicks instead of running.

Given that this is just a single game setting change. I wonder if it would be possible to add that change directly into the trap scripts, so that when a trap is sprung, the trap's script would change the game setting to allow the trap to cause more damage. After the trap was finished, the script would reset the game setting so that common debris wouldn't be lethal.