Physics Impact Damage Fix (by flexcreator)

DoubleYou

Physics Impact Damage Fix (by flexcreator)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50469

In the vanilla Skyrim the object's velocity DOES NOT affect the amount of damage the character gets when hit. The mass is the only factor. This simple mod changes that. Now every heavy object will deal great damage according to it's speed. Traps will make more sense now and gameplay should look more realistic.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking at this approach to the patch where we make our own tweaks based on preferences we agree upon instead of stuff that other author do based on there own preferences. What exactly does this mod do in the ck that is just a little tweak? Could it be done in tes5edit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks awesome, as long as the masses are correct.

I wonder if that only affects damage resulting from the physics system (collision, fall damage etc?) or if it will affect the damage of me swinging a sword at someone? If the latter, the weapon damages will all need to be rebalanced to avoid taking into account the heavier mass twice

No weapons and spells have their own system because crime has to taken into account. This lets you kill people without committing a crime. I can see making elaborate traps with this. I could put some stuff up high somewhere held by a board or bucket, then shot and arrow at it and watch everything fall on someone.

No weapons and spells have their own system because crime has to taken into account. This lets you kill people without committing a crime. I can see making elaborate traps with this. I could put some stuff up high somewhere held by a board or bucket, then shot and arrow at it and watch everything fall on someone.

Rube Goldberg would be proud. :)

I've been playing with this on today. Hilarious side-effect: You can murder yourself with Whirlwind Sprint. 

I used the shout in a hallway in a tomb, hit one of those loose clutter vases, it flew about a foot, hit a wall, then it bounced back and killed me instantly. Did the same thing on the next load, to see if it was repeatable. Very funny. Working as intended?