WB Mod Groupings

venkman781

I have the bulk of a script done to do this, but for the life of me I can not find where NMM stores its path information. Worst case I'll have to hard code it, but it would be nicer to pick up the setting in NMM for the Mods directory.

EDIT: Found it. Those sly bastards tucked it away.

If you care to have someone 'test' that script I'll be happy to :D I already have a seperate folder receiving NMM downloads.

I have the bulk of a script done to do this, but for the life of me I can not find where NMM stores its path information. Worst case I'll have to hard code it, but it would be nicer to pick up the setting in NMM for the Mods directory.

EDIT: Found it. Those sly bastards tucked it away.

If you care to have someone 'test' that script I'll be happy to :D I already have a seperate folder receiving NMM downloads.

Still a bunch of code to handle what I'm wanting to do, and I'm currently focusing on an update to Skyrim Unplugged to lock down Skyrim files so that they can't be deleted (just Skyrim delivered files, not mods). I believe zMan is also working on getting something going.

It's in a file, with a very odd directory name. My location is:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Black_Tree_Gaming\nexusclient.exe_Url_mv2aec0rcjmnjabi33t1j4qxmk0muz20

OK, mine is same but /NexusClient.exe_Url_2tfxwyispvnfgfg0rl0eq1mulacthwe2

Looks like a wildcard ought to do nicely :P

There is a version directory under that as well. I haven't installed the latest version (still have 14), so not sure if you could end up with multiple version directories.

Cool, sounding good s4n :)

A little off-topic (sorry) but as i need to do some serious mod testing this week does anyone know if any of our regular mod managers actually function correctly to disable loading installed mods (as in re-writing plugins'txt) or is that purely a function of the plugins.txt file and has to be manually altered still?

A little off-topic (sorry) but as i need to do some serious mod testing this week does anyone know if any of our regular mod managers actually function correctly to disable loading installed mods (as in re-writing plugins'txt) or is that purely a function of the plugins.txt file and has to be manually altered still?

NMM and MO are the only ones I know of that are reported to order correctly. Still waiting on BOSS and WB updates. :( If using WB, you still have to update plugins.txt yourself.

It's in a file, with a very odd directory name. My location is:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Black_Tree_Gaming\nexusclient.exe_Url_mv2aec0rcjmnjabi33t1j4qxmk0muz20

OK, mine is same but /NexusClient.exe_Url_2tfxwyispvnfgfg0rl0eq1mulacthwe2

Looks like a wildcard ought to do nicely :P

There is a version directory under that as well. I haven't installed the latest version (still have 14), so not sure if you could end up with multiple version directories.

Yep, multiple version dirs... I have 4 now, but all contain the same cfg file.

EDIT: code block looks correct with the new WYSIWYG editor... must have been something wierd happening in that other thread ...

NMM and MO are the only ones I know of that are reported to order correctly. Still waiting on BOSS and WB updates. :( If using WB, you still have to update plugins.txt yourself.

Thanks, I was afraid of that "If using WB, you still have to update plugins.txt yourself." :P just adds a bit onto the turn around time for the testing, ah well... think I'll go to the pub today and face that 'mañana' :)

Wondering how relevant this guide for BAIN package installation order in Oblivion is in regrads to Skyrim and STEP

Ahh you found TESCosi. Good site and good author(s). Not that well maintained anymore, but it looks like he(they) hasn't left it completely. That installation order applies to Skyrim in a general sense, but there are idiosyncratic details for Oblivion that do not apply. STEP order is best, as it is specific to ... well ... STEP ;)