HD Detailed Terrain by Soolie

deathneko11

I love Hoditon's videos. After seeing his video, I'll admit that it's worth checking out, but as Roogal stated, I may not be any better than what STEP has now. I'm still in the position that I'm unwilling to do that sort of massive compare at this point. If now one else is either (and doing it properly) this might have to wait for a release or two.

So which Mods in STEP would this conflict with? All the LoD ones?

It will conflict with EDT2 and the HQLod textures for sure. Not sure if this replaces the noise.dds texture - if it does, it would replace EDT and/or HD Enhanced Terrain. HQLod meshes are prob. safe.
If memory serves, there are some noise files in the Soolie mod.  I'll be honest with you guys, this is a great mod but I don't think it would be best used alone.  I believe though that there is potential to mix some pieces of this mod with others for a nice package, but it would take quite the bit of experimentation to find the right mix and balance.

In addition to an LOD texture it includes a large set of terrain textures with much higher resolution than vanilla. The other mods mentioned have only the LOD texture.

Er, HQLOD and EDT2 replace the terrain textures, not just the noise.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

This mod provides noise map and terrain lod textures.

Conflicts with A Quality World Map and EDT2 for terrain and EDT for noise.

Worth noting EDT2 touches more textures incl Dragon born. If going to use load order would be:

EDT2

This mod

Quality World Map

Not done a compare basing this off file structure.

This is almost certainly and upscale and add noise filter kind of project, which means that it will almost certainly look nearly identical to what STEP currently offers. That is all EDT is, plus the added noise texture from the first mod.

I will try and do some comparison tomorrow, if nobody gets to it by that time.

This is almost certainly and upscale and add noise filter kind of project, which means that it will almost certainly look nearly identical to what STEP currently offers. That is all EDT is, plus the added noise texture from the first mod.

I will try and do some comparison tomorrow, if nobody gets to it by that time.

+1

I've yet to take this mod very seriously. Everyone is toting and lifting it up high but I have yet to see any comparison shots between current STEP (2.2.7) and this mod added in. Possibly in Neo's recommended load order.