HD Detailed Terrain by Soolie

deathneko11

HD Detailed Terrain by Soolie

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/48227/?tab=4&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D48227%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D1238042&pUp=1

I've already seen the screenshots before the mod was even uploaded, and I have done quite a bit of testing in a short period of time.  This dramatically improves lod textures from 50 meters + away from you and without a noticeable performance hit.

However, texture resolution is a mixed bag of 2k and 4k so low end machines may experience 2-5 frames lost.

I should also note here that there is a conflict between this and any sort of map modification mod.

I also have 4GB vram and enboost through my enb drivers. This means that the tests that work well for myself will work well for others with a similar setup. This also means, however, that for most that are running with lower vram and no enboost will likely have different results. This means that we need testers that are running lower hardware.

Also I wonder if it's possible to ddsopt or otherwise optimize the files from this mod, and what sort of impact it could have on memory useage and quality.

I have to say that I'm not a fan compared to what we have now. It look too "generic". Same effect pretty much everywhere with a simple color change for the environment that it's on (tundra, grass, snow, etc). This is what it appears to look like to my eyes anyway.

EDIT:

On a side note, I really dread seeing new LOD mods show up on the scene. This is only because of the incredibly large task it was to iron out the LOD choices and load order that we came up with for 2.2.7. I, personally, would not at this time put any of my own effort into testing out new LODs mods. I simply don't have the will to undertake that large project. If someone else does, let me know and I'll move any new LOD mods into testing; as long as you're 100% committed to testing them and doing it properly.

Nice find!

I just tested these myself and agree with Neo.  I hope he adds this to his SR:LE.

I wish I could test but believe it or not I barely have the time to play skyrim. I still havent got above level 20 yet :D.  I must also mention that I am another person with a 670 4gb vram graphics card for anyone who is wondering, so like others have said I would only recommend this for step extended people or skyrim revisted.

Hoditon just made a video comparison of vanilla vs soolies mod.

[video=youtube]

Obviously it looks a lot better than vanilla.  Not 100% sure its better than current step implemention since I havent done any serious compares but I like what I see in game and hopefully others can gauge whether they like it or not from the video.