Tamriel Reloaded - Textures and Parallax

EssArrBee

Now, looking at these screenshots properly at home on my own monitor (I've seen it at work previously) I must say I don't like majority of the mod. It just doesn't fit Skyrim. It reminds me of some old school RPG with outdated graphics, at least some of the shots. Not for Skyrim, that's for sure.

Some of the shots are ok, but most I don't like.

Now, looking at these screenshots properly at home on my own monitor (I've seen it at work previously) I must say I don't like majority of the mod. It just doesn't fit Skyrim. It reminds me of some old school RPG with outdated graphics, at least some of the shots. Not for Skyrim, that's for sure.

Some of the shots are ok, but most I don't like.

The textures are done really well and look very nice but they are too "simple," if that makes any sense. Reminds me of the Witcher 1 for some reason.

You could also try Better Town Textures. There are versions for just individual towns. I like Dawnstar and Winterhold from this mod quite a bit.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/46121/?

Maybe mix the two to make some city and some town textures a bit more diverse. I really think the current aesthetic for Skyrim is really bland for the towns. Every longhouse is the same, every inn is the same, and the interiors and just as bad. Just copy-paste game development, very lazy.

(snip)

Maybe mix the two to make some city and some town textures a bit more diverse. I really think the current aesthetic for Skyrim is really bland for the towns. Every longhouse is the same, every inn is the same, and the interiors and just as bad. Just copy-paste game development, very lazy.

Reminds me of United Kingdom :D

You could also try Better Town Textures. There are versions for just individual towns. I like Dawnstar and Winterhold from this mod quite a bit.

This uses an esp? What happens if I use it with SRO? I'm definitely going to give this a try. It looks really good.

Can you make a separate mod post for this one so we don't combine both these mods into one thread?

This uses an esp? What happens if I use it with SRO? I'm definitely going to give this a try. It looks really good.

Can you make a separate mod post for this one so we don't combine both these mods into one thread?

Here you go.

How the did this mod get so popular? Many deviations from vanilla, very low quality textures (not just in resolution. They appear to have some issues such as motion blur. Also, baked in lighting that doesn't match all weathers), etc.

The only thing that interest me is the flora. He has some interesting pieces in there.

One thing I don't understand with some overhauls; Why can't you create your material at a resolution of at least 2K and work from there? I don't care if your own machine can't handle it. It's better to work with something of quality and then create low resolution options afterward (it also keeps your textures sharp no matter if 1K or 2K). You solve so many issues including that of being able to edit and alter your work without crappy low resolution hindering you. Bethesda, I am talking to you also... ;)