Audio Overhaul for Skyrim (by David Jegutidse)

Neovalen

I don't understand.  There is no new plugin for Traps Make Noise.  Maybe you're referring to the fact that Traps are Dangerous no longer requires installing Traps Make Noise separately for the script files?  However, Traps Are Dangerous.esp has always contained the changes from Traps Make Noise.esp.  The AOS patch may need to have a few values updated, but there are no new records getting merged so the required master files should be the same.

UHHH...

Forget all I posted! MO was playing games with me again - plugins sometimes get magically unchecked (don't ask me, I don't get it), which is exactly what happened. I didn't notice this, and the patch from AOS was yelling at me it was missing master, and I concluded the file name changed or something.

If there are actually records to be updated is apparently irrelevant to my false alarm...

Edited by Octopuss

I hope the patch doesn't have any major issues, because I won't get to do anything Skyrim-related for at least two weeks or more.

I've removed the SSD from my iMac which has Windows + Skyrim installed, in order to bring it on my trip to the USA, where I'll be building my first PC box to then bring back to Hanoi.

If there are any problems with the records in the AOS/Traps are Dangerous patch, please still PM me so I can remember to look at it!

I hope the patch doesn't have any major issues, because I won't get to do anything Skyrim-related for at least two weeks or more.

I've removed the SSD from my iMac which has Windows + Skyrim installed, in order to bring it on my trip to the USA, where I'll be building my first PC box to then bring back to Hanoi.

If there are any problems with the records in the AOS/Traps are Dangerous patch, please still PM me so I can remember to look at it!

I'll look at it and contact David if I find a problem, Keith. I've made patches for him before.

• 1 month later...

So, i'm having a bit of a bug, with the sound of my footsteps when sprinting.  I'm thinking it's somehow coming from AOS, since it is the only mod within my load order (STEP Extended + SPERG + Apocalypse + many different armor and weapon mods) that would modify it.  It seems to be looping incorrectly, since instead of the steps being evenly spaced in regards to timing, they seem to start off correct for the first few steps, and then they de-sync.  See my "graph" below (S is step/step sound, - is delay).

Animation        S - - - S - - - S - - - S - - - S - - (etc, even spacing between steps)

Current Sound S - - - S - S - - - - S - S - - - - S - S - - - (etc, a de-sync seems to happen after the 1st step or so)

It doesn't seem to do this for the walking animation or sounds, but rather just the jogging/sprinting sounds.  It's not a large issue, but it does seem to make my character sound like she has a major limp when trying to jog/sprint.  Does anyone know what might be causing this? I am also using "Pretty Combat Animations", but the sprint animation should still be the same as vanilla, or else it is very close to the same.  It's not any sort of catwalk-style of running.

Edited by tregolani

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Heads up, everyone - AOS v2.2 has been released.

There's quite a few improvements since v2.1, and LoRd KoRn has tried to "polish" the sound even further in this new release.

I've updated the installer - which is now BAIN (Wyre Bash) compatible, with thanks to a1t3rn1ty - and most of the patches. There's some new patches, too, and some important USKP fixes that came out after v2.1 are now rolled into the main AOS.esp plugin.

Unfortunately, I missed something in two region records that should have been carried forward from Dawnguard to the Skyrim+DG and Skyrim+DG+DB versions of the AOS.esp plugin, so a hot-fix will be released as soon as LoRd KoRn is able to upload it.

Due to this, I'd advise people to wait until tomorrow (Sunday) before downloading it.

Edited by keithinhanoi

• 4 months later...