Audio Overhaul for Skyrim (by David Jegutidse)

Neovalen

Specifically, I was looking at the GDO and WAF patches when I noticed the errors.  All the Impact Data records were unresolved references.  After that I looked at a handful of the other patches as well (sorry, I don't remember exactly which ones... I think Realistic Water Two, WetandCold, and maybe Dragon Combat Overhaul), and those had various records that were throwing up errors as well.

With the GDO and WAF patches, there doesn't even seem to be a conflict with AOS, so I'm not sure what change the patch is even trying to forward.

Yes, they were from the AOS 2.1 installer.

I can't recall exactly which ones without looking through them all, but some of the patches did not have the respective mod listed as a master in the header, and so if you just select those patches to open in TES5Edit's load plugin menu, it won't automatically load the other mods, and the references will show up as unresolved.

After working on updating all of the patches for the AOS 2.1 FOMOD installer I created for LoRd KoRn, I realized that there would be a number of issues caused by not including implicit masters - especially for people using LOOT. With GDO / WAF in particular there's also the bit about the injected keywords that they both share, and TES5Edit (and I presume Skyrim) would consider whichever of those two loads first to be the originating master, even though the keywords are injected into Skyrim.esm - and a missing master situation for a plugin with injected keywords is identified by TES5Edit with italicised text for the records in question.

So, I've already updated all of the AOS 2 patches to include both explicit and implicit masters, to go along with a new FOMOD and BAIN installer, which LoRd KoRn has had for some weeks, but he just hasn't had time to upload to the Nexus page and update all the description text.

I can PM him, and ask whether it's okay to post a link to all the patches here, but it would be at the user's discretion to install the correct variants of the patches which have more than one option.

Either way - try loading up the patches, but make sure that the corresponding mods are also ticked when you pick what to load in TES5Edit, and see if that fixes things.

I reinstalled AOS 2.1 via the installer to make sure that I hadn't done something along the way to mess up the files.  I made sure that all the respective mods were checked and loaded in TES5Edit.  If I'm the only one seeing these errors, then it must be something on my side, but I'm not having problems with any of the other mods/patches that I have installed.

Here's what I'm seeing:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

AOS is listed as a master for both the GDO and WAF patches, but it doesn't actually appear to conflict with any of the records in these two patches.  Every record in these patches contains an error for me.  Realistic Water Two does actually appear to conflict with AOS, but I'm still seeing errors in all of the records.  I've double checked my load order and the order that the masters are listed on each of the patches, and the ordering of the mods correspond properly to the patches.  Also, before someone mentions it, I did notice while taking the screenshots that my version of TES5Edit was out of date.  I updated it to the current version, but the results when I load these mods are still exactly the same.

krypto - those screen are a bit small, but I see that in the first two screenshots, the column for AOS.esp is missing!!

So, that explains why you're seeing unresolved references - they're all meant to point to FormIDs in AOS.

I have no idea why that would be happening for you, because now that I'm looking at the patches from AOS 2.1 as downloaded from Nexus, both the GDO and WAF patches do have AOS.esp listed as a master, and it all comes up fine in TES5Edit for me when I load the exact same set of plugins as you have:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Perhaps your download of AOS 2.1 is bad and the AOS.esp is corrupted? I honestly have no idea how it wouldn't be recognized as a master otherwise. There should be some kind of error message in TES5Edit's Messages tab, though - you could check there.

As for the last case of "errors" - that slight difference in the Attenuation BNAM Value was noticed by a user by the name of Shurah, and it was determined that TES5Edit changes that particular value from 9.69 to 9.68 when doing a copy override of the Sound Descriptor into another plugin.

There was some concern about this being a bug in TES5Edit, so I asked the developers and they explained it's just the way the the program does rounding of floating point numbers, and the change is so small that it won't affect anything. You can read about it in the [WIPz] TES5Edit thread on the AFK Mods forum here. Long story short that difference in the value is nothing to worry about. All the other records show conflict because the AOS+RWT patch changes values in RWT back to the ones provided by AOS 2. Please note that if you change AOS.esp to load after RWT, then you don't need that patch at all. I think that's mentioned in the included read me file for the patch.

Sorry that I was only able to help with one of the two issues you're seeing. But, let me know what you find out about AOS.esp not actually being recognized as a master for the GDO & WAF patch plugins - that is very strange indeed.

Yeah, I noticed that the column for AOS was missing too, that's why I was confused about what was actually conflicting between GDO/WAF and AOS.  At least you can see why I'm scratching my head over these patches.  Thanks for showing me what it should look like.  I have no idea why it's not recognizing AOS for me.  TES5Edit doesn't give me any error messages upon loading the mods (if I select the individual mods and check for errors then a whole list of unresolved errors comes up).  AOS.esp IS actually listed as a master for the patches, but apparently those records just aren't being read properly.  I've never experienced anything like this with TES5Edit before.

In the last image, I wasn't worried about the BNAM values conflicting, but rather the Error in the GNAM record.  Sorry for the small images.  I can never seem to get images to appear properly in forums.  I won't be able to mess with it this weekend, but as soon as I can, I'll try reinstalling the mod again, maybe try downloading it manually this time or something. 

Hmm.. I had a similar though much smaller issue with the AOS_SkyRe patch.

Posted Image

What the heck is actually conflicting here?  :lol:

Since you're here krypto, in the Weapon records conflicting between AOS_WAF and AOS_SkyRe, the latter is supposed to be the conflict winner, right?

If the masters in the main .esp are switched around, references to new records tend to get screwed up. I've had that happen to me after adding the DLCs to the master lists of my mods. Are there different versions of AOS.esp with and without Dawnguard and Dragonborn?

If the masters in the main .esp are switched around, references to new records tend to get screwed up. I've had that happen to me after adding the DLCs to the master lists of my mods. Are there different versions of AOS.esp with and without Dawnguard and Dragonborn?

Oh dear.

Yes, there are different versions of AOS.esp - four to be exact, to cover all possible combinations of Skyrim, DG and DB.

The AOS.esp I opened up for my screenshots is the Skyrim + DG + DB variant, so I'll try checking the patches with the other three.

Thanks for pointing out that possible snafu.

EDIT: I was so worried about it, I was a "bad boy" and have stayed up past my bedtime to check into this.

I checked all four variants of AOS.esp found in the AOS 2.1 installer archive, and in every case the GDO, WAF & RWT patch plugins load up fine, with no unresolved references.

So at this point, kryptopyr, I think it must either be a corrupted file, or possibly somehow the copy of AOS.esp is from an outdated version of the mod.

I will say that I've noticed what seems like a fairly high number of people posting about problems with the AOS 2.1 installer that were only resolved after they re-downloaded the .rar archive.

Edited by keithinhanoi

The Recommendations appear to assume that all these options are kept in a bunch of different optional downloads. Today, it's all in a single download with an installer, with the only optional download being a reduced reverb version.

Edited by Tarvok

Okay, I re-downloaded and reinstalled the mod.  Everything appears to be fine now.  Sheesh, sorry about that, I guess the initial download was corrupted.  Thanks for helping me figure it out.

I was secretly hoping that was the problem, and am relieved (so it's nothing to do with the work I did on the patches!) - and happy for you - that re-downloading / re-installing fixed it.

• 2 weeks later...

keith, could you make new patch for krypto's Traps Make Noise? The new version has two of the previously standalone mod's features merged into a single one, and the patch obviously doesn't work due to missing master.

Its only 4 records easily patched, if I hadn't already deleted mine after merging it I'd have given you my test plugin. Notes for it are in the SR conflict resolution guide (Explosion section) if you are fairly proficient in TES5Edit.