Audio Overhaul for Skyrim (by David Jegutidse)

Neovalen

• 2 weeks later...

Are all the AOS patch files sorted correctly by BOSS?

Hey, someone that uses AOS patches can specifically answer, but any mod released in roughly the last 6 months or so is likely not on the BOSS Master Lists and would need a user provided intervention to sort out. This goes for all older mods that introduce new esp file names as well in recent updates.

Hi, since I use AOS and have helped out in updating / making patches for AOS 2, I can tell you that since the patch names were changed to "AOS2_...", BOSS won't recognize any of them.

But what Kuldebar said is generally true. Most recent mods / patches have not been added to BOSS' masterlist via user submission, and so it doesn't "know" where to put them in your load order.

Even if you use LOOT, with some of the AOS patches you may still need to add to LOOT's metadata for them (similar to adding a user rule for mods in BOSS) to make sure they load after AOS and the other mod. This can happen when a patch doesn't have both mods its patching listed as "masters" in the patch plugin's header.

To see how to edit metadata for a plugin in LOOT, check out Gopher's introductory video about LOOT.

Edited by keithinhanoi

Specifically, I was looking at the GDO and WAF patches when I noticed the errors.  All the Impact Data records were unresolved references.  After that I looked at a handful of the other patches as well (sorry, I don't remember exactly which ones... I think Realistic Water Two, WetandCold, and maybe Dragon Combat Overhaul), and those had various records that were throwing up errors as well.

With the GDO and WAF patches, there doesn't even seem to be a conflict with AOS, so I'm not sure what change the patch is even trying to forward.

Yes, they were from the AOS 2.1 installer.

Specifically, I was looking at the GDO and WAF patches when I noticed the errors.  All the Impact Data records were unresolved references.  After that I looked at a handful of the other patches as well (sorry, I don't remember exactly which ones... I think Realistic Water Two, WetandCold, and maybe Dragon Combat Overhaul), and those had various records that were throwing up errors as well.

With the GDO and WAF patches, there doesn't even seem to be a conflict with AOS, so I'm not sure what change the patch is even trying to forward.

Yes, they were from the AOS 2.1 installer.

Make sure you uninstall Audio Overhaul for Skyrim - Patches. His patches say AOS-<other mod> Patch.esp and the new ones are AOS2-<other mod> Patch.esp. I looked at mine and they all seem good, the impact data set seemed alright. I'll have to reinstall to double check though, since I every time I hear something like this it drives me crazy me until I double or triple check.