YASTM - Yet Another Soul Trap Manager (by Seally25)

D1Z4STR

Discussion topic:
YASTM - Yet Another Soul Trap Manager by Seally25
Wiki Link

Alternate to the aged GIST.... still ease of use and simple. YASTM makes into a few other well-known lists. 

Z's comment on GIST today on the LE forum kicked me to post this.

Newer alternate on the streets (but more complex it seems) is ASGO - Andrealphus Soul Gem Overhaul - Who doesn't like some of Andrealphus' mods?

• +1 1

These mods should be simple to patch, but I haven't gotten around to them yet:

• Cutting Room Floor - This mod adds the mini-quest where the Vigilants will confiscate Daedric artifacts from you (as long as their Hall hasn't burned down yet). If your Azura's Star or Black Star is not empty, they may not recognize them as Daedric artifacts. Fix looks to be trivial, but may not be. Needs investigation.

(it is from YASTM description)

not that it is huge deal, i think, (though as long as mod have any issues, i don't think mod should be in step), and maybe simple to fix as author says (i don't know this side of modding),
otherwise: pretty interesting, less scripts = is better, right? as far as i know...

• +1 1

I used this mod in all my latest playthroughs as a replacement for GIST.

It intercepts the soul trap at the engine level so it's inherently more compatible with anything that uses the soul trap magic effect. As an SKSE plugin it's also more efficient than GIST's Papyrus scripts but the difference is probably not very significant or perceptible.

The latest version (3.0), which I haven't played with, brings optional feature parity with GIST with its so-called "soul trap levelling" so it should be an easy swap with GIST even for users accustomed to it.

There are many configurable settings and features.

• Like 1