Loadout

deadlyrhythm

Basic allows you to store up to 10 different user wearable setups or loadouts as there called. Having one for doing lots of magic with say a mages robe and staffs and then being able to quickly switch to one with a different set of armor and weapons on the fly that might be better suited for melee combat.

This mod is based around convenience and works for keyboard and gamepad.

This seems to me like something we all do already and could save quite some time by just quickly toggling different sets on the fly.

Nexus Link

I will be testing as well and report back.

The equipment sets capability in Categorized Favorites Menu, a STEP mod, supports equipment sets and has been updated to support Skyrim 1.9 . The equipment sets capability in CFM isn't as easy to use as I'd like and it isn't supported by all the menu addons that have been developed, but it is supported by the Categorized Favorites Menu Oni Edition mod in STEP. I'm surprised that there is no mention in the Loadout description that mentions CFM and any potential conflicts and advantages/disadvantages since these two mods are clearly incompatible (they use the same hotkeys). CFM can also show a categorized list of favorites and allow selecting individual items, spells, etc. (in addition to equipment sets) which Loadout doesn't. This mod may be able to include some items or spells in equipment sets that CFM can't.

I have been testing More Hotkeys Please prior to recommending it for addition to STEP. I don't view it is a direct competitor to CFM, but as a useful companion to CFM. I use a pc control map file that keeps these two mods compatible. The current MHP version has an MCM menu that makes setting it up much easier, and would seem to include much of what Loadout provides and a lot that Loadout doesn't (e.g., automatic sequences of spells). Loadout may be easier to setup equipment sets, but for someone using more than one spell for buffing MHP seems to be unique.

I'm surprised that there is no mention in the Loadout description that mentions CFM and any potential conflicts and advantages/disadvantages since these two mods are clearly incompatible (they use the same hotkeys).

Haven't used Loadout, but as long as you don't assign same key in both Favorites and Loadout I can't see there would be any conflicts.

Not realistic. Who carries multiple sets of armor around with them to be able to change as the situation calls for it? You'd need a caravan!

You don't need to use it for entire sets, say you have two rings and amulets, with +1h weapon damage and +bow damage.

You can then bind the sword, ring & amulet to one key and bow the other ring & amulet to another key. And swiftly swap between them, instead of either having 6 hotkeys for the same thing or requiring you to open up the inventory to change equipped items.

Besides, at the moment I believe the aim for STEP is to enhance vanilla gameplay, which allows you to carry around multiple sets of armor.

Even if you don't swap out your clothing and weapons frequently in combat it can be tedious looking through your inventory and to remember to get all the elements of your attire when you want to switch - for example when entering an inn after coming back from the wilderness or when moving into winter weather after being in more temperate areas.

Realism and immersion has nothing to do with this mod imo.

The mod lets you assign multiple items to single hotkeys. That's it.

It doesn't touch realism in any way, it doesn't change immersion at all.

It's a convenience mod that either let you free up some hotkeys or lessens the need to use the inventory menu. Nothing else.

If you are carrying around way too many items and that is breaking your immersion it's not the fault of this mod.