People Seem To Think BethINI Is Bad And Outdated

Posted (edited)

Hello,

@DoubleYousince you are the mod author of BethINI, I thought I'd share this, in hopes you might wish to share some thoughts over at Nexus.

There were some recent comments in regards to BethINI on SSE Display Tweaks Neux page;

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34705?tab=posts

@z929669I mentioned you as well for some feedback too if you don't mind.

I hope you both will share some thoughts, I'd personally like to hear on this.

THANKS

P.S. Keep up the great work!

Edited by mooit

I don't feel I need to drag myself into comment topics like these. I prefer to let the users fight among themselves as they see fit. I feel that Bethini Pie has a relatively good reputation among most of the community, and I certainly don't expect everyone to like it or use it correctly.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

I don't feel I need to drag myself into comment topics like these. I prefer to let the users fight among themselves as they see fit. I feel that Bethini Pie has a relatively good reputation among most of the community, and I certainly don't expect everyone to like it or use it correctly.

I didn't mean to imply getting dragged into drama, but simply as the mod author, and your expertise to share is all, to help facts from fiction, as well as helping others understand.

If people are going to spread false info, well, who will be there to set things straight... I mean, I shared my experiences, but I'm not the author or StepModifications, with anything of credibility standing behind me... LOL

Of course everyone has their own likes dislikes, that's to be expected, but if the consensus spreads false information, it can make things harder for the newer user to understand and dig through is all.

I was just hoping you could at least share on the Wiki Base Line information for SSE, if that's been working out good for the most part, so people at least understood this.

I hope I explained myself better here... I'm just saying, sharing a little info to help is all, not get in the middle of a flame war.

I personally wanted to know thoughts on the app, but then again, I always assumed if it's listed on the Step Wiki, it's working great, so I've never questioned it. I've never once had any issues with it...

THANKS

P.S. The important point I didn't express from the beginning, is liking and disliking is one thing, but saying something is 'Ruining' is another, and that is where I thought maybe you'd share that BethINI isn't ruining anything, because that choice of wording seemed a bit extreme.

Edited by mooit

8 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Looks like we updated our V-sync recommendations based upon that Blurbusters article, but forgot to replicate that advice in our SSE guide. Maybe this inconsistency is partly to blame for the 'misinformation' inferred by slavicpotato.

Posted (edited)

Ok on the Vsync update...

I have a Gsync monitor, I've never needed to use Vsync in game, or in the nvidia control panel for any games I've ever played.

Thanks

Edited by mooit

Posted (edited)

I edited over my post in regards to Gsync...

Yes it's a shame, if people are having a problem, at least take a moment to explain to let people know what was happening for you, and then maybe, whatever was going on, if a user error then you can also get your issue resolved too.

I don't see how using BethINI as a Base Line setup is negative, or causes any harm.

P.S. By the way, using Firefox I don't have any options on the right side of posts to give the thumbs up or like emoji? hmm

Edited by mooit
  • Like 1

From my research over time, it seems that there is a lot of variance in Gsync and Freesync hardware, and not all require VSync to be enabled in the driver. I blame the manufacturers for never explaining the technology, and I have come to the conclusion that while my Freesync monitor is able to be configured as Gsync compatible in the control panel, it actually hasn't been working at all, so I can't actually test it. 

4 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

From my research over time, it seems that there is a lot of variance in Gsync and Freesync hardware, and not all require VSync to be enabled in the driver. I blame the manufacturers for never explaining the technology, and I have come to the conclusion that while my Freesync monitor is able to be configured as Gsync compatible in the control panel, it actually hasn't been working at all, so I can't actually test it. 

This may be true. My Freesync monitor works with/wo Vsync enabled (via any source) and no tearing as long as I have Freesync enabled.

14 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I have FreeSync too, but have not actually tested to see if it's working. I haven't noticed any issues in any games, though.

44 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

I have FreeSync too, but have not actually tested to see if it's working. I haven't noticed any issues in any games, though.

Then if you don't have vsync enabled, and you have AMD Freesync 'on' when playing the game of interest, and  you don't notice any tearing, then Freesync is working, I'll wager.

On 5/8/2024 at 12:09 AM, TechAngel85 said:

How are you liking that? I have the M27Q for now as a stop gap monitor. Even for the amazingly discounted price I paid for it back when, Amazon discount glitch, it's still a bit hit and miss. For example, there's noticable orangey-red backlight bleed around the edges of the screen in dark scenes. 1440p is perfect for the size though. I think 1080p might look a tad blurry?

Just waiting it out for OLEDs to come down and the market to stabilise. Maybe a few more years...

On 5/8/2024 at 12:55 AM, z929669 said:

Then if you don't have vsync enabled, and you have AMD Freesync 'on' when playing the game of interest, and  you don't notice any tearing, then Freesync is working, I'll wager.

The Game of Interest is a very slow paced game, so you won't notice any tearing anyway. Don't buy the variable rate edition though.

I started running MSI monitors when I saw a nice deal at a local shop, ever since MSI for me.

I'm only on my second MSI monitor, the first one was perfect 3 years running, not one issue, and this one I have now a Optix G273QPF Gsync with an IPS panel, I've had a year and eight months is absolutely amazing.

https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-G273QPF/

1 hour ago, mooit said:

I started running MSI monitors when I saw a nice deal at a local shop, ever since MSI for me.

I'm only on my second MSI monitor, the first one was perfect 3 years running, not one issue, and this one I have now a Optix G273QPF Gsync with an IPS panel, I've had a year and eight months is absolutely amazing.

https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-G273QPF/

Yep, I think I looked at that, but Rtings said the M27Q has more features for a similar price. Not sure if they mentioned the orange glow "feature" though! Heh, you most likely made the better choice.

I'd want something with proper HDR too in the future. It looks outstanding on a proper screen to the point I can't decide what I think is a better technology: HDR or VRR. They both add so much.