People Seem To Think BethINI Is Bad And Outdated

19 hours ago, CaptainKumquat said:

How are you liking that? I have the M27Q for now as a stop gap monitor. Even for the amazingly discounted price I paid for it back when, Amazon discount glitch, it's still a bit hit and miss. For example, there's noticable orangey-red backlight bleed around the edges of the screen in dark scenes. 1440p is perfect for the size though. I think 1080p might look a tad blurry?

Mine has been pretty rock solid. The extra size is nice from my old one. I haven't noticed any glow feature from mine! Now I feel left out! :crying:

6 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Mine has been pretty rock solid. The extra size is nice from my old one. I haven't noticed any glow feature from mine! Now I feel left out! :crying:

It was delivered by a woman who had it on the back seat of her car on a hot summers day. T'was a pro Amazon delivery. Maybe it's just infused with deadly solar radiation? :thinking:

By the way, do you leave the "HDR" off? It's honestly not real HDR, and it just blows bright objects out. It looks like poop, but I didn't buy it for that anyway, and I cap the brightness to 200 nits. I also cap to 120 FPS/117 FPS to reduce graphics card heat buildup. That also allows 10-bit colour to be enabled too.

Posted (edited)

My MSI Optix G273QPF doesn't support HDR, now maybe if I could see it as HDR capable, then I could make a better judgement over what I am seeing at present without.

But, as an IPS panel on this monitor, all I can say is, the defintion and colors are amazing without being HDR compliant.

Edited by mooit

On 5/10/2024 at 2:26 AM, CaptainKumquat said:

It was delivered by a woman who had it on the back seat of her car on a hot summers day. T'was a pro Amazon delivery. Maybe it's just infused with deadly solar radiation? :thinking:

By the way, do you leave the "HDR" off? It's honestly not real HDR, and it just blows bright objects out. It looks like poop, but I didn't buy it for that anyway, and I cap the brightness to 200 nits. I also cap to 120 FPS/117 FPS to reduce graphics card heat buildup. That also allows 10-bit colour to be enabled too.

I don't use HDR, so it's off. I actually have a calibrated profile running from RTINGs on mine. That's as close to professionally calibrated that I'm going to be about to achieve without buying the equipment to do so, myself.

On 5/10/2024 at 2:44 AM, mooit said:

My MSI Optix G273QPF doesn't support HDR, now maybe if I could see it as HDR capable, then I could make a better judgement over what I am seeing at present without.

But, as an IPS panel on this monitor, all I can say is, the defintion and colors are amazing without being HDR compliant.

IPS is where it's at. I have owned a TN panel monitor in over a decade.

IPS has terrible black levels. The blacks are basically dark grey. VA panels have better blacks, but they can have a motion smearing effect that some people absolutely find offensive. OLED blacks are perfectly black, but for static scenes (like a desktop), it has the possibility to create burn-in of that displayed content. Mini-LED is also a thing and would mitigate some of the drawbacks with OLED and can get brighter, but OLED overall gives the best picture.

It's also a bit more complicated as most IPS/VA panels are either edge lit or full array. The latter means they divide the screen into multiple zones for improved blacks and contrast. HDR would be acceptable on these screens. It's still not as good as OLED though, as OLED has pixel-level control over such things.

Yes, I went down this rabbit hole a few years ago. :coffee:

Many years back I was getting into Monitors as far as knowing what's what, and really reading and tinkering...

With my Optix G273QPF, the only time I notice a gray/black hue, is if I use the Solid Color background of black for a wallpaper.

But in games, movies, images, etc., that has black, everything looks very much black.

I've never seen any blacks with grays on this monitor.

This monitor along with my EVGA FTW3 Ultra Gaming 3080 is a mind blowing experience, especially in realistic gaming titles. I'm extremely pleased with this monitor, especially a Gsync monitor that was really low cost too.