Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I recommend higher level enemies for the scaling.. by far the best in my opinion.

As for ERSO... in general I find that most of its modules are already taken care of in other mods, some even on the SR list already. And these other mods in general does a better job since they have had a more focused development.

Like level progression is redundant since we have the uncapper already which is very easy to tweak yourself...

dragon spawn timers are already handled by deadly dragons...

The list continues but I am in the middle of my dinner atm so most of the other examples will have to wait for another day!

But as for compatibility then it does a fairly good job explaining what to be on the lookout for...and in general since no scripts are involved you can always test it out with no real hassle and then revert afterwards.

Only the compatibility patches by qotsafan are yet to be updated for 1.2, correct? If so then it seems you can simply use the current version, copy over the 3.5 stats.xml from Balbors and then add exclusions as needed from the changes.xml (in my case, Lustmord Armor and WiC) and everything should be good to go I *think*, if you don't wish to wait for an update.

Also, I'm curious as to how the Apocalypse spell package is working with SkyRe currently, as the compatibility patch for it is not yet ready from what I've seen.

Finally, ABT (Arrows and Bolt Tweaks) that is Skyrim Revisited is not compatible with SkyRe according to the author of that mod (https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11941 scroll down). Perhaps it should be mentioned that it should be disabled, just like Brawl Bugs? There might be other mods like this in SR as well, but I'm not quite sure as of yet.

Thanks a lot for making this guide!

I'm getting very excited. It took me a few days of downloading but I have a fresh Skyrim, Dawnguard, and Dragonborn. Along with all the Skyrim Revisited mods downloaded. I did notice a couple mods that it was really clear whether I should download the BSA or loose files (in only one instance did it say specifically to grab the loose files, but I figured it wouldn't matter much in the end anyway- or so I hope :P). I never had Dragonborn so I've never actually played Skyrim Revisited or SkyRe or even a full S.T.E.P.

But at this point Skyrim Revisited + SkyRe seems like the perfect combo for me as I absolutely love what I've seen from SkyRe, but Revisited looks to have a LOT of great mods that can all work together. I haven't done any cleaning or optimizing yet, so that's going to take awhile, but I will keep an eye on this thread and contribute what I can when I get up and running. 

One quick question, this may not be the best place to ask, but I am curious why Staves of Skyrim wasn't included in Skyrim Revisited? I really like the models of the different staves and being able to use one as a shield is very appealing to me. I see it has a compatibility patch with SkyRe and so I was really interested in adding to to my mod's list for this set up. Can anyone see any problems why I shouldn't use it? Thank you very much everyone.

Does it conflict with Elemental Staffs?

Yes, very much so. You can only use one or the other.
Thank you both. I thought that might be why. I do love the Elemental Staffs, I just wish I could use a staff to block as well. Thanks for the quick response. So for anyone who has been following this guide, has everything been relatively stable?

I have installed SkyRe and ASIS and several additional mods and everything is running smoothly (after much tribulation).  I am level 5 and have only done a few things around Riverwood such as Embershard Mine.  So far, I love the racial and perk changes made by SkyRe but I am a bit disappointed by the combat.  It has been WAY too easy, even on master level difficulty.  I pretty much one-shot everything I come across, whether it be with bow or axe.  I mean I practically ran all the way through Embershard having to barely even slow down to kill all of the bandits.  Contrast that with Skyrim Unleashed where I actually found myself having to lure one bandit across the drawbridge and then raising it just in time to trap his buddy on the other side...just so I could actually stand a chance in a one a one fight.

I understand that the encounter zones module makes some areas much more difficult...but if it is this easy at, or close to, my own level then I might be going back to Skyrim Unleashed + ACE + Duel.  I'm hoping once I get out of this starting area it will be a good bit more difficult (in a fun way of course), because I love the concept and all of the other changes.  I just don't want to dump a bunch of hours into this playthrough and find out it is like this throughout the whole game.  Does this experience sound pretty standard with this install or is my setup just somehow messed up?  I always see people saying how much more fun SkyRe injects into Skyrim, I can't help but think I'm missing something, I did follow the guide exactly though (minus the TK and monster mods).

Regardless, thanks for the detailed instructions Iroha, it made it easy to get it all working with Skyrim Revisited.

I had a very similar issue. Enemies were way tot easy. For example, I could one shot wolves. I then figured out other mods were overriding the enemy scaling module of Skyre (and probably several of the others). After fixing the issue the wolves became a bit more of a challenge. They even used the changed tactics and behaviors they were for some reason not using before.

What I did was go into TESVedit and carry over the changes. Then made a patch with whatever mods were causing the conflicts (like in SR tells to do with several mods). I cannot remember what mods exactly, but maybe doing the same will help you?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.