Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

PLACEHOLDER

I'll edit this when I'm back home in 8 hours  - will post what I've done to patch it.

::EDIT::

By all means, I am no modder. I know how to create patches, but I am not familiar with many types of events represented by records in ESP files. Many of them are self explanatory, so I tend to use common sense and exploratory techniques to figure out what yo patch. So:

Node 0004DEE7 - Calm

• Copy SkyRe_Main as an override into a new file (BV-SkyRe Patch) - this ensures that all the functionality from SkyRe is retained
  • Right click on new Patch column, Conditions row and select ADD
  • Drag Condition "Not equal to 15" from Better Vampires.esp to newly created condition in the patch - all the conditions were copied from SkyRe, but Better Vampires.esp contains additional Condition (Not Equal to 15), which is not in vanilla Skyrim, therefore I'm guessing it was added to BV intentionally. Conclusion: the patch requires all conditions from SkyRe and BV for both mods to work correctly together.

Node 0009E0BB - Charm - Master of the Mind

• Copy SkyRe_Main.esp into the patch created before.
  • Right click the the Patch column, Conditions row and select ADD twice
  • Drag the two overwritten Conditions from Better Vampires.esp to newly created Conditions in the patch
Same reasoning as the previous one. 

I think the above actions should do the trick, but I would appreciate if someone more experienced could confirm this.

Sounds reasonable but I'm not 100% sure, as from what I gather vampires should only use the BV-versions of those spells anyway, so this might cause unexpected side-effects as they seem to have had very different designs in mind when changing those 2. I'll also leave it up to someone more experienced with these type of things however, as you may very well be right! :)
  • Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is definitely a possible explanation yes' date=' as scripts are likely still running[/quote']

Maybe starting new game could fix? Wouldn't be too hard to check' date=' alternate start in Whiterun and see if they are still invisible[/quote']

If the issue is lingering residue from skymomod then that would help/work indeed

SkyMoMod doesn't contain any scripts

Reinstalling SIC... seems like when I try to install v5.1.1 Mod Organizer isn't extracting the .bsa file.  Under the column "flags" I get a red X that says "no valid game data" when I drag my cursor over it.  When I open up the filetree all I see is the ReadMe file.  This probably explains the invisible creature files and missing texture files I've been seeing (or not seeing).  How do I get this to behave?

EDIT:

Quote from the S.I.C. Nexus Thread:

statmonster Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

"Up on the top left of MO there are a series of buttons. The right-most button with the wrench and screw driver icon is called something like installers, options or customization. (I don't have MO here and am going by memory.) Click that to open the menu and there are two check boxes. The top one is "Prefer FOMOD Installer." Check that. Then install the mod via MO. It will bring up a somewhat different style (visually) of installer which should work. It's also much faster to load."

source

AND IT WORKED!  (wish I'd known about this sooner - hope I didn't mess any other installs up)

Reinstalling SIC... seems like when I try to install v5.1.1 Mod Organizer isn't extracting the .bsa file.  Under the column "flags" I get a red X that says "no valid game data" when I drag my cursor over it.  When I open up the filetree all I see is the ReadMe file.  This probably explains the invisible creature files and missing texture files I've been seeing (or not seeing).  How do I get this to behave?

EDIT:

Quote from the S.I.C. Nexus Thread:

statmonster Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

"Up on the top left of MO there are a series of buttons. The right-most button with the wrench and screw driver icon is called something like installers, options or customization. (I don't have MO here and am going by memory.) Click that to open the menu and there are two check boxes. The top one is "Prefer FOMOD Installer." Check that. Then install the mod via MO. It will bring up a somewhat different style (visually) of installer which should work. It's also much faster to load."

source

AND IT WORKED!  (wish I'd known about this sooner - hope I didn't mess any other installs up)

Yup, had same problem and using the fomod installer worked. Had a similar issue with another mod before so, fortunately, I knew to go that route. 

Thank you for posting that. I've always used the fomod installer, but somehow my install was messed up too. I didn't realize it until I saw the the giants were invisible. With giant purple axes to boot :P. I must have accidently hit replace when installing V6 or something.

I assume you mean the Ring of Hircine? If not I've missed some other conflict. :)

What I did for Ring of Hircine was:

CODE:
Open TES5Edit.
Select Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp and SkyRe_Main.esp then click [OK].
Expand "Armor" under Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp and select the "0002AC60" node.
Right-click the column for SkyRe_Main.esp and select "Copy as override into...".
Select "<new file>" and click [OK]. In the resulting text box type "SkyRe-MT Patch".
Drag "Script" under "VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter" (Note: Not the entire "VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter" node!) from Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp to SkyRe-BT Patch.esp".
Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner, uncheck "Backup plugins", and click [OK].

Could also drag the "DESC - Description" part from Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp but that feels more like personal preference

Ugh, my brain buffer overran. I downloaded the wrong build (the one that doesn't mention MO). My mistake, don't mind me, nothing to see here, these aren't the droids you're looking for, move along....

Ugh' date=' my brain buffer overran. I downloaded the wrong build (the one that doesn't mention MO). My mistake, don't mind me, nothing to see here, these aren't the droids you're looking for, move along....[/quote']

:D

I´m having trouble with activating the Reproccers (and ASIS for that matter). Whenever I execute the batch file it says it `requires Skyre_main esm` (for example) even though it is in the list.

Is this a problem with Mod Organizer? Please help

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.