Smile in HD (by zzjay)

DCS78

Smile in HD

For those who were concerned about Realistic Teeth changing meshes. This one is a texture only.

Description:

TEXTURE replacer teeth for vanilla mouth

for humanoid\vampires (no beast races)

(if you want female vampire fangs:download this Female Vampires have fangs )

comes in 2 versions (default,and brighter),in 2 resolution:

-1024x1024

-512x512 for better performances

Compatibility:

This mod is compatible with 83Willow's whiter teeth,tough it wil just replace the human texture.

In order to have this mod and willow's active you'll have to install willow's mod,and after that,install mine,and overwrite when asked.

from Willow:

"My mod is compatible and includes retextures for all beast races and werewolves > but for the humanoid teeth I recommend that you use zzjay's lovely new textures here > so it is best to install my mod first and then let Smile in HD overwrite the textures for humans! :)"

Conflicts:

Realistic teeth

Due to the fact that this mod changes the mesh of the vanilla teeth,this mod is incompatibie with mine.

All you have to do is completely remove that one,if you want to install this one.

Posted Image

Mod Testing

• In-game creen compares with Realistic Teeth (please use a 100% compare shot)
  • Performance info related to Realistic Teeth - expect no significant cost for either, but let's be sure (spawn a couple dozen NPCs, save and compare with both mods)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is preferable over Realistic Teeth, since this does not require a compat patch for proper animation it seems. Simple = good. Does SR use this?

Any mod being used in SR that fits the STEP Mandate should be seriously considered for STEP ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd definitely support this mod being included. I probably won't be able to do any testing though I'm still working on my getting SR install as stable as feasibly possible. I'm currently using realistic teeth ATM as it's better than not having anything (geez Vanilla teeth look BAD).

I wouldn't mind doing a few tests though once I get things stable. That is if I ever do and assuming it still needs testing by then.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the only mods I replaced the in the SR character mods, over realistic teeth.

Like has been said it's simple and really not something that should be noticed if it's done right. 

I go back to the "realistic for time period argument" Are perfect teeth realistic for the time period? no. Do they look a helluva lot better than dirty rotten teeth? yes. 

I like it.

I don't have a current installation going right now though, I am working on putting a new one together and will be including this for sure though.

I go back to the "realistic for time period argument" Are perfect teeth realistic for the time period? no. Do they look a helluva lot better than dirty rotten teeth? yes. 

I like it.

Human teeth in the dark and middle ages were probably better looking than in the early modern period.  Europeans in the earlier period did not use much in the way of sugar (hence far fewer rotting teeth) and used much less if any coffee and tea (hence less stained teeth).  Teeth brushing (and even primitive toothpaste made from urine among other sources) was known since antiquity as was dental surgery.  There is some evidence they had fewer orthodontic problems than modern populations.  So their teeth would not have looked as horrible as we might imagine by extrapolating modern populations with poor dental hygiene backwards.  Add in a bit of magical healing or restoration...

• 1 month later...