[Announcement] I have to take a long break from curating

Majorman

The main theme in Fallout: New Vegas is letting go. And I have to let go. We are expecting our second child any day now and once the baby gets born I won't have the time to play and curate for quite some time. I can't say how long it will take, I can't even say if I'll make a comeback as a curator, but I know I would like to get back to it one day.

On the practical side of things, the guide is currently still in working condition and would probably manage to stay in working order for 3 months or so.  If someone wants to take it from here, they are free to do so. After all, that is the way Step modding works. I will keep reading the Feedback thread and providing advice when I can, but I can't make any promises on regularity.

I don't want to saound too melodramatic. This is not goodbye, just a call for would-be curators willing to step in. Step is a great community and the FNV Guide has helped me get through taxing times, giving me something to do through the occasional bouts of insomnia. I want to thank the admins for giving me this opportunity (and encouraging my hobby), the guide users for the effort of installing ~300 mods (I hoipe it was worth it) and I hope that someday I will be able to contribute again.

P.S. Should have given a longer notice, but I'm hooked up on gaming and was delaying the inevitable in self-denial.

• Thanks 3

On 1/27/2023 at 3:37 PM, Majorman said:

The main theme in Fallout: New Vegas is letting go. And I have to let go. We are expecting our second child any day now and once the baby gets born I won't have the time to play and curate for quite some time. I can't say how long it will take, I can't even say if I'll make a comeback as a curator, but I know I would like to get back to it one day.

Congratulations! We appreciate your contributions and will leave your curator status in place so that if you do find yourself wanting to do something around here, you won't be restricted. Let us know if you would rather have the more generic 'Citizen' label though ... if having the current label confers obligation, that is.

We'll be around when the kids are older, so no worries in the meantime!