v2.2.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

1 hour ago, jap2112 said:

I did a separate install of SLaWF just so I could compare it to the first. It appears that I originally installed the CACO patch esp and the Ellven armor patch esp, so it is certainly possible that I accidentally checked the parallax box as well. I will re-install this mod properly and see what happens.  I will check without DynDOLOD on, but if it works I am guessing I may have to run this again if parallax was installed.

As we instruct in the guide, there's a few places we indicate the game should be launched and verified:

1. After installing Extenders early in the guide - Smoke test
  2. After all but Post-Processing mods have been installed - Performance Tuning
  3. Near the end of the guide before LOD generation - Final Sorting & Cleaning

We could be more explicit about actually loading and play-testing the game in those last two places, but it's strongly inferred, since you need to do so in order to make the decisions to use ENB or the quality of LODGen.

Also, the SLaWF instructions were recently updated to account for the new FOMOD option, so you probably saw the instructions without the parallax option.

That said, I think it's important that you disable ENB and LOD to verify things are working correctly in the Performance Tuning stage. This way, we don't need to worry about the impact of ENB or DynDOLOD.esp/m

I solved the problem - or at least isolated the source of the problem. When installing the STEP modlist, I did indeed launch and verify the games on those steps above. I did not check Kynesgrove though, just the Tundra of Whiterun and the trees around Riften.  So, I did test Kynesgrove again without any LOD esps. and without any post-processing. The white mountains still existed. I then went back to an original thought  regarding SLaWF and its edits of the area. I installed SLaWF version 8.0 - still available on the mod page by the author and the white textures are no longer there.  You can also see that the base of the edit to RockCliff02 has been changed to MajesticMountains_Moss.esp so I do think that edits from SLaWF are creating the issue. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Screenshot14.png

2 hours ago, jap2112 said:

I solved the problem - or at least isolated the source of the problem. When installing the STEP modlist, I did indeed launch and verify the games on those steps above. I did not check Kynesgrove though, just the Tundra of Whiterun and the trees around Riften.  So, I did test Kynesgrove again without any LOD esps. and without any post-processing. The white mountains still existed. I then went back to an original thought  regarding SLaWF and its edits of the area. I installed SLaWF version 8.0 - still available on the mod page by the author and the white textures are no longer there.  You can also see that the base of the edit to RockCliff02 has been changed to MajesticMountains_Moss.esp so I do think that edits from SLaWF are creating the issue. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Screenshot14.png

Can you check that spot again without DynDOLOD and using the latest version of SLaWF (v8.6.2)? Please post the MIC screen as you are here.

Be certain you sort with LOOT again.

As requested.  SLaWF (v8.6.2) installed - no post processing or DynDOLOD. LOOT sorted. I will be happy to run with post processing or whatever else you think would be useful.

Screenshot15.png

38 minutes ago, jap2112 said:

As requested.  SLaWF (v8.6.2) installed - no post processing or DynDOLOD. LOOT sorted. I will be happy to run with post processing or whatever else you think would be useful.

Screenshot15.png

I will have a look. I haven't actually booted the game since the last BGS update apocalypse.

1 hour ago, jap2112 said:

I was able to fix it easily with the following patch in SSEdit.  image.thumb.png.b5d858cdfabe10f034a35f4927e5a2c4.png

Yeah, that would be the fix, but I'm wondering what the SLaWF record expects. For example, does the issue exist in just the base vanilla game with only minimal mods like Extenders and USSEP. If it does, the my suspicions --that SLaWF was and continues to be created with additional mods as a base. This only works then for those that use those mods in all builds. It could just be a bug though. You may want to post on the Nexus topic regarding your findings if you find the issue in vanilla.

It's basically a shader issue, I think.

Posted (edited)

I had this bug at Kynesgrove also on my 2nd profile. I tested it with minimal mod setup like USSEP, SLAWF, MM. Imo latest versions (everything after 8.0) of slawf are causing this. It looks like they are incompatibile with MM. With ERM or vanilla mountains all is good. But if you add MM then you have this shader bug on this rock and big seam on the road from Kynesgrove to Windhelm.

Edited by xbk123

5 hours ago, xbk123 said:

I was having this bug at Kynesgrove also on my 2nd profile. I tested it with minimal mod setup like USSEP, SLAWF, MM. Imo latest versions (everything after 8.0) of slawf are causing this. It looks like they are incompatibile with MM. With ERM or vanilla mountains all is good. But if you add MM then you have this shader bug on this rock and big seam on the road from Kynesgrove to Windhelm.

Thanks for confirming. I still haven't verified on my side.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Thanks for confirming. I still haven't verified on my side.

Shader bug on rock is fixed when you install Simplicity of Snow, but its still there with Better Dynamic Snow. Road seam is there with both mods.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, xbk123 said:

Shader bug on rock is fixed when you install Simplicity of Snow, but its still there with Better Dynamic Snow. Road seam is there with both mods.

Does the SLaWF-MM incompatibility resolve when hiding MM RockCliff02.nif?