Crash while loading savegame - WinterholdWall02_n.dds

vladak

Hello,

I have a game of Skyrim SE modded with the STEP SkyrimSE v2.1.0 guide. I followed the guide about a month ago and successfully played for >12hours without any problems. Yesterday I tried to load up the game again after a ~3week break over the holidays but got a crash to desktop while loading a save file. The game crashes while loading any save or trying to start a new game.

I have attached a crash log to this post. It looks like there may be a problem with the WinterholdWall02_n.dds texture. This is surprising to me because the error occurs when trying to load any of my saves (including the Whiterun smoke test save), or start a new game. Forgive me but I do not know what mod this texture comes from, otherwise I would have done more troubleshooting myself.

Does anyone know what could cause these crashes, and how to fix them?

Thanks,

Vlad

crash-2023-01-07-15-47-19.log

This can only happen if something was changed. Since there have been no game updates or SKSE updates recently, then it has to be something you changed. Paste the texture name into the right pane of MO data tab to get the source mod for the texture. It will likely be related to a mod impacted by this change.