Skyrim SE Bex64 Crash When Loading a Save

IX_Flipyap

Question

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, IX_Flipyap said:

Ive been trying troubleshoot this issue for a while now but i have found no success. Skyrim would not generate a crashlog. so after some thinking i decided to check the windows event viewer, lo and behold i was presented with 3 error reports.

er.PNG

err.PNG

Report.txt 50.5 kB · 0 downloads

I would check to be sure that DLL is not also in your SSE game folder.

After confirming that it's not, try a system reboot.

Then try scanniing for corrept windows files )run a command prompt as admin and type: sfc /scannow

Then try updating Windows.

If all that still fails ...

Validate your Skyrim against Steam to ensure you don't have any corrupt files. If you are running a previous version of the game line 1.5.97, you may need to re-downgrade.

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

Then try scanniing for corrept windows files )run a command prompt as admin and type: sfc /scannow

Validate your Skyrim against Steam to ensure you don't have any corrupt files. If you are running a previous version of the game line 1.5.97, you may need to re-downgrade.

I tried restarting my pc but I ended up entering a reboot repair loop so I decided to run a chkdsk. It’s been going for a good 4 hours or so. I’ll try to these things and get back to you when it finishes.

On 12/19/2022 at 4:25 PM, z929669 said:

I fixed the repair loop issue and reinstalled windows but this issue persists. I have checked for dll in my game folder, validated and redowngraded, I also did the sfc scan but it reports that there is no issue.

Skyrim doesn't generate crashlogs on its own. You need to use a crash logger for that. Are you using a crash logger? Is it working?

The Windows Event is showing a Windows runtime library has forcibly terminated the process because it has detected some data corruption (like a buffer overrun for example). It's possible that in this case the crash logger, assuming there is one active, doesn't get a chance to kick in. I'm only speculating.

3 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Skyrim doesn't generate crashlogs on its own. You need to use a crash logger for that. Are you using a crash logger? Is it working?

The Windows Event is showing a Windows runtime library has forcibly terminated the process because it has detected some data corruption (like a buffer overrun for example). It's possible that in this case the crash logger, assuming there is one active, doesn't get a chance to kick in. I'm only speculating.

I do have a crash logger but the logger never gets a chance to kick in. also for some reason im able to start a new game completely fine.

39 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

If you can start a new game but loading your save crashes, it means the save is bad.

You can try:

• Open the save file in Resaver. Don't do anything else with the tool, just open the save and see how far Resaver goes in loading it.
  • Load an earlier save.

The saves are loaded successfully but there are some unattached instances, undefined elements and a script with missing data.

gg.PNG

Have you uninstalled/disabled or installed/enabled a mod recently?

You can try cleaning the save with Resaver. I don't think the reported problems could cause a crash, but you never know and it doesn't hurt to try. Find a guide/tutorial online and follow the instructions. Make a backup copy of the save beforehand, just in case.

Also figure out which mod the script OM_ConfigMenu is from, looks like it's not correctly installed.

1 hour ago, Mousetick said:

Load an earlier save.

To be clear: I meant to load an earlier save in Skyrim. Can you load an earlier save in Skyrim, without crashing, or do they all crash?

3 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Have you uninstalled/disabled or installed/enabled a mod recently?

You can try cleaning the save with Resaver. I don't think the reported problems could cause a crash, but you never know and it doesn't hurt to try. Find a guide/tutorial online and follow the instructions. Make a backup copy of the save beforehand, just in case.

Also figure out which mod the script OM_ConfigMenu is from, looks like it's not correctly installed.

To be clear: I meant to load an earlier save in Skyrim. Can you load an earlier save in Skyrim, without crashing, or do they all crash?

all saves on this character seem to crash. and OM_ConfigMenu is from a follower outfit manager mod.

Again, have you uninstalled/disabled or installed/enabled a mod recently?

6 minutes ago, IX_Flipyap said:

all saves on this character seem to crash

Try this: start a new game, finish character creation, receive first quest, save, quit. Relaunch, load previous save. Does this work? If not, disable mods and repeat the cycle until it works. Or you could proceed the other way: start with clean vanilla, and add mods until it breaks.

9 minutes ago, IX_Flipyap said:

OM_ConfigMenu is from a follower outfit manager mod.

That information is not useful to me. It's for you. There's something wrong with that mod.

1 hour ago, Mousetick said:

Again, have you uninstalled/disabled or installed/enabled a mod recently?

Try this: start a new game, finish character creation, receive first quest, save, quit. Relaunch, load previous save. Does this work? If not, disable mods and repeat the cycle until it works. Or you could proceed the other way: start with clean vanilla, and add mods until it breaks.

That information is not useful to me. It's for you. There's something wrong with that mod.

I just decided to start a fresh game. i have an old proteus character save with some of my inventory items but i will have to add the rest myself. thanks for the help though.