Skyrim Character Sheet (by mlthelama)

Mousetick

It is worth noting that the default option is to auto-show on the inventory screen. Using the latest STEP guide at 1080p results in the object/character being covered. See attached screenshot.

The fix is to modify "SkyrimCharacterSheet_Input.json" and change "inventory_auto_show_inventory" to "false".

This maybe worth adding to the STEP guides instructions.

image.thumb.png.3d0da3a66d124c04b43e3d12c4c1c537.png

8 hours ago, MightyCrow said:

It is worth noting that the default option is to auto-show on the inventory screen. Using the latest STEP guide at 1080p results in the object/character being covered. See attached screenshot.

The fix is to modify "SkyrimCharacterSheet_Input.json" and change "inventory_auto_show_inventory" to "false".

This maybe worth adding to the STEP guides instructions.

image.thumb.png.3d0da3a66d124c04b43e3d12c4c1c537.png

It's not possible for me to understand the issue without a comparison of before/after your fix. I'm not set up to properly ruin SSE at this point to verify if anything is amiss with this mod. Just before the BGS updates, I was running with the Step SSE 2.3 dev guide testing a different UI overhaul that obviates Skyrim Character Sheet and includes several UI format fixes.

I think the end result will depend on several factors. I doubt that disabling auto-show is the best way to deal with this, but it's hard to say without testing with your hardware and software.

Before:

image.thumb.png.38495c61bfe92a4c7653c839697b4cc8.png

After:

image.thumb.jpeg.699ef0c2ffa04fa19e15eca7031bf32e.jpeg

By default, Skyrim Character Sheet automatically shows when entering the inventory screen. This obscures the character and the item viewer making it a nuisance. Pressing 0 turns it on or off, however, it should default to off. My ini tweak makes it so that when you enter the inventory screen it doesn't show automatically.

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if this is intentional or if something is wrong with my setup but it seems to me that the 'Skyrim Character Sheet' mod conflicts with the 'Show Player in Menu' mod since the Character Sheet covers that portion of the screen where items and you're character would be displayed. Is this intentional or is there something wrong with my setup? 

ScreenShot2.jpg

6 hours ago, Joldz said:

I'm not sure if this is intentional or if something is wrong with my setup but it seems to me that the 'Skyrim Character Sheet' mod conflicts with the 'Show Player in Menu' mod since the Character Sheet covers that portion of the screen where items and you're character would be displayed. Is this intentional or is there something wrong with my setup? 

ScreenShot2.jpg

Topic OP moved to Skyrim Character Sheet mod topic as a post.

See the discussion starting a few posts above. I was never able to test this issue specifically.

Posted (edited)

Ahh thanks again, you're a life saver! That seems to be an issue with the default file provided by the mod provider as described above which does not seem to be intentional if you read the text below the picture of the default file. When the time comes for updating the guide, that's something to consider providing more context on unless you decide to go a different direction mod wise.
 image.thumb.png.3a744aa5d0bee113ae697b3f9d237185.png

image.thumb.png.ea67a563d0d280b10117bb93bf38d478.png

Both of these screenshots are taken from the wiki itself, indicating that this is not intentional by the mod author
https://github.com/mlthelama/SkyrimCharacterSheet/wiki/Configuration#input-basic-configuration

Edited by Joldz
  • +1 1
  • Like 1