DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

58 minutes ago, Zer0w said:

So I have 3 grass mods (Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul, The Grass Must Grow, Origins Of Forest - 3D Forest Grass 1.4.7) and 1 tree mod which is Happy Little Trees including Turn of the Seasons and Seasons of Skyrim all of this has been selected correctly in DyndoLOD where you select WIN, SUM, AU.

I've had no issues running both TexGen and Dyndolod Output but the end result is this:

I'm very confused why this is happening, I have had no issues before but after updating to a newer DyndoLOD version this is happening now?

Read the first post what log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Describe what you mean by "this". When making screenshots open console and click on the object of interest to show its reference form id. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots

Harvestable plants or flora does not have LOD and is not modified by DynDOLOD.

Make sure to follow the updating instructions https://dyndolod.info/Updating and doing a clean save https://dyndolod.info/Help/Clean-Save

See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ for "Billboard tree LOD shows in active exterior cells".

1 hour ago, jjensson said:

I'm successfully using Dyndolod v3 with the Elysium Remastered modlist, which was released recently and includes Bruma by default.

Does the old Bruma workflow still apply (delete all .bto files in Terrain\BSHeartland\Objects) in the new version of Dyndolod?

And more importantly, should i delete BSHeartland_Underside.nif or is it safe to use?

I moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post.

See https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Beyond-Skyrim-Bruma

The mod is "broken" as long as the missing assets and data are not provided for users to generate LOD for their load order. Hence the worldspace is disabled in DynDOLOD.

I have no idea where you found a "workflow" that says to delete all object LOD meshes or what the point would be. Simply do not generate object LOD in the first place.
The LOD quads for which all assets and data exists will have complete and working tree and object LOD (and terrain LOD from xLODGen). The problem are especially the quads for which not all cell data exists.

The output that is generated by DynDOLOD is always safe to use.

Sheson, i referred to your post back in 2018 (?) when you said that the user should either make a second Dyndolod run only for Bruma, and only for trees. Or alternatively do one single run, but after that to delete all BTO files in the BSHeartland folder (<- my preferred method, b/c i'm doing it overnight and time is no issue).

I read the infos in the link you provided, but i'm still unsure what the best practice should be these days. Should i only generate tree LOD for Bruma, or can i generate object and terrain LOD as well, without making Bruma look worse than in the default state?

Oh, and what about BSHeartland_Underside.nif, will it make Bruma worse due to the missing data in the mod, or will it be an improvement?

Edited by jjensson

1 hour ago, jjensson said:

Sheson, i referred to your post back in 2018 (?) when you said that the user should either make a second Dyndolod run only for Bruma, and only for trees. Or alternatively do one single run, but after that to delete all BTO files in the BSHeartland folder (<- my preferred method, b/c i'm doing it overnight and time is no issue).

I read the infos in the link you provided, but i'm still unsure what the best practice should be these days. Should i only generate tree LOD for Bruma, or can i generate object and terrain LOD as well, without making Bruma look worse than in the default state?

Oh, and what about BSHeartland_Underside.nif, will it make Bruma worse due to the missing data in the mod, or will it be an improvement?

Well, if what you did works for you then continue to do it. The mod did not add any new assets or data in the meantime and the way LOD generation works and how LOD works in the game didn't change either.

But that will only allow to update tree LOD.

For the best visuals e.g for at least "some" object LOD to match any load order changes / textures you want to keep the complete BTOs and only delete the incomplete ones. However, checking that manually seems like a lot of work, but it will always be the same filenames. It might be easier to spot incomplete cells by checking the terrain LOD meshes generated by xLODGen. They will have the same coordinates for the LOD levels.

It is unfortunate that the mod never got updated in all these years to be part of the Cathedral modding philosophy.

Underside will also missing parts in the distance, it will block the sun in the cells for which data exits.

On 2/23/2022 at 2:45 PM, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards

A tree is every base record of the type 'TREE' and 'STAT' with the 'Has Tree LOD' flag set.

You already provided the error message...

..\DynDOLOD\ is the folder that DynDOLOD was installed in, e.g where the DynDOLOD.exe is.
The "log" folder is a subfolder of it.

If there is no bugreport.txt in the same folder as DynDOLOD.exe and there no log files in the log subfolder, check the Windows Event log for messages.

Which Windows version are you using?
What is in installation folder of DynDOLOD?
What is the command line the program is started with?
What is the installation folder of the game?
What is the mod manager?

Do you get the same message when starting TexGenx64.exe? DynDOLOD.exe or TexGen.exe?

I'm not familiar to using the windows event log but I think it says there was a bad block. Says error 7.

Windows 10

Only things in the dyndolod folder are what comes in the installation.

If command is same as arguments for MO2 then -sse. If it's something else I don't know.

Haven't tried the non x64.exe . Texgenx64 worked for me and created files.

2 hours ago, BiggerGreen said:

I'm not familiar to using the windows event log but I think it says there was a bad block. Says error 7.

Windows 10

Only things in the dyndolod folder are what comes in the installation.

If command is same as arguments for MO2 then -sse. If it's something else I don't know.

Haven't tried the non x64.exe . Texgenx64 worked for me and created files.

Copy and paste the content of the event log. Do not try to paraphrase.

This sounds like there is problem with the disk. You should error check the disk with the usual OS tools. Probably want to backup important data.

Unpack DynDOLOD again to a different drive and start it from there.

Does that mean there are no files in the log subfolder and there is no bugreport.txt?

What is the installation path of DynDOLOD?
What is the installation path of the game?

So... I've been trying to learn this properly for many months now and I've gotten better but not good due to my lack of ability to understand the terminology used in the manuals.  As I understand it though, the flickering textures (z fighting) are a result of mismatched large references so my question is about this part in particular:

[General]
uLargeRefLODGridSize=odd number of cells

A setting of 5 (if it matches the uGridsToLoad value) turns the large reference system off.

Should I be setting the large reference grid size to '5' to match the uGrids value in my Skyrim.ini?  Currently it's set at 11 and while the flickering isn't harsh, it is very noticable.

3 hours ago, BrotherShamus said:

So... I've been trying to learn this properly for many months now and I've gotten better but not good due to my lack of ability to understand the terminology used in the manuals.  As I understand it though, the flickering textures (z fighting) are a result of mismatched large references so my question is about this part in particular:

[General]
uLargeRefLODGridSize=odd number of cells

A setting of 5 (if it matches the uGridsToLoad value) turns the large reference system off.

Should I be setting the large reference grid size to '5' to match the uGrids value in my Skyrim.ini?  Currently it's set at 11 and while the flickering isn't harsh, it is very noticable.

Yes, if you want to test if the flickering is actually caused by the large reference bugs. If the flickering is gone after turning off the large reference system you will know it was the cause.

I always got these errorswhen I running TexGen

Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\gkbbark.dds. Used by Meshes\yamadori\gkb2mangrovereachtree02.nif Markarth Side - Trees only.esp 00_TreeJungle02 [TREE:FE085929]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treeoaktrunk_n.dds. Used by Meshes\ztree's\trees\woodsbush01.nif TheBawbsShire.esp MEPlantWoodsbush01 [TREE:233BA61F]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp2.dds. Used by Meshes\akavir\landscape\treesgkb\gkbcyrodilcypress1.nif Akavir.esm Akpoplar [TREE:28570F27]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp2.dds. Used by Meshes\akavir\landscape\treesgkb\gkbcyrodilcypress2.nif Akavir.esm AkTreePineL01 [TREE:28222749]
Error: File not found textures\yamadori\gkbbark13_n.dds. Used by Meshes\yamadori\gkbjungletreenew6.nif Markarth Side - Trees only.esp 00_TreeJungle [TREE:FE085848]
Error: File not found textures\yamadori\gkbbranch1.dds.dds. Used by Meshes\yamadori\gkb2mangrovereachtree02.nif Markarth Side - Trees only.esp 00_TreeJungle02 [TREE:FE085929]
Error: File not found textures\yamadori\gkbbranch5dark.dds. Used by Meshes\yamadori\gkbjungletreenew6.nif Markarth Side - Trees only.esp 00_TreeJungle [TREE:FE085848]
Error: File not found textures\yamadori\TundraDriftWoodBark01_N.dds. Used by Meshes\yamadori\gkbreachclifftree04.nif Markarth Side - Trees only.esp 00_TreeReachCliffTree04 [TREE:FE08580C]

Good evening

I almost got everything working. My Grass lods look great and i managed to fix the 3D lods for SBT (turns out that i had to deactivate the mod overwriting the tree meshes even if it is compatible with SBT). I used Aspen Ablaze for the Rift trees and it looks almost perfect, except for this tiny issue i have with the distant lods. When the the Worldspace loads, they look great, but after a few seconds, they appear to melt ( can see in the screen shots). My logs are here. I ran DynDOLOD with the Trees LOD4/level 0 - LOD8/Billboard4 - LOD16/Billboard4
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1y7Qc1JmqxKGjxUEB3eUuERIgiM56DD5G?usp=sharing

Any idea how to fix it?

Initial Load.jpg

A few seconds later.jpg

3 hours ago, LordIceWolf said:

Good evening

I almost got everything working. My Grass lods look great and i managed to fix the 3D lods for SBT (turns out that i had to deactivate the mod overwriting the tree meshes even if it is compatible with SBT). I used Aspen Ablaze for the Rift trees and it looks almost perfect, except for this tiny issue i have with the distant lods. When the the Worldspace loads, they look great, but after a few seconds, they appear to melt ( can see in the screen shots). My logs are here. I ran DynDOLOD with the Trees LOD4/level 0 - LOD8/Billboard4 - LOD16/Billboard4
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1y7Qc1JmqxKGjxUEB3eUuERIgiM56DD5G?usp=sharing

Any idea how to fix it?

Initial Load.jpg

A few seconds later.jpg

Just curious: are you running Fixed Mesh Lighting with the trees option? This will break LOD for trees, and this fix is not needed for Aspens Ablaze, since mindflux added that mesh tweak in his recent update. I would argue that it's not a good 'fix' for most tree mods though, because it trades off less glowing branches on some faces at night for worse looking shadows on some branches in day and broken LOD. It works well for AA though, since those branch faces pretty much all face up and out in most directions.

I defer to sheson on advice about that crappy looking billboard. I've never seen that. You probably will want to post your tree report file \DynDOLOD_\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt

I think I am missing something: I changed the tree trunk textures of my snow pine trees to be more browns rather than all boring greys.  Looks great in full model and Texgen-generated billboard, but Texgen doesn't seem to be updating the colour of the ultra lod trunk - they still look grey from a distance in-game and then turn brown when the full model loads, and viewing the 3d ultra lod tree model in the MO2 data folder also shows a grey trunk.

Did I miss a step?  When running Texgen I selected Tree, HD Tree and Rendered checkboxes in the Tree/Grass section.  Thanks!

6 hours ago, saaaaty said:

I always got these errorswhen I running TexGen

Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\gkbbark.dds. Used by Meshes\yamadori\gkb2mangrovereachtree02.nif Markarth Side - Trees only.esp 00_TreeJungle02 [TREE:FE085929]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treeoaktrunk_n.dds. Used by Meshes\ztree's\trees\woodsbush01.nif TheBawbsShire.esp MEPlantWoodsbush01 [TREE:233BA61F]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp2.dds. Used by Meshes\akavir\landscape\treesgkb\gkbcyrodilcypress1.nif Akavir.esm Akpoplar [TREE:28570F27]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp2.dds. Used by Meshes\akavir\landscape\treesgkb\gkbcyrodilcypress2.nif Akavir.esm AkTreePineL01 [TREE:28222749]
Error: File not found textures\yamadori\gkbbark13_n.dds. Used by Meshes\yamadori\gkbjungletreenew6.nif Markarth Side - Trees only.esp 00_TreeJungle [TREE:FE085848]
Error: File not found textures\yamadori\gkbbranch1.dds.dds. Used by Meshes\yamadori\gkb2mangrovereachtree02.nif Markarth Side - Trees only.esp 00_TreeJungle02 [TREE:FE085929]
Error: File not found textures\yamadori\gkbbranch5dark.dds. Used by Meshes\yamadori\gkbjungletreenew6.nif Markarth Side - Trees only.esp 00_TreeJungle [TREE:FE085848]
Error: File not found textures\yamadori\TundraDriftWoodBark01_N.dds. Used by Meshes\yamadori\gkbreachclifftree04.nif Markarth Side - Trees only.esp 00_TreeReachCliffTree04 [TREE:FE08580C]

Read the first post which entire log from the last session and debug log to upload when making posts.

File not found errors are self explanatory.  Read the explanations of the summary that open at the end. https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures

Install the missing textures, live with the visual consequences or do not not use the mod until its fixed by the author.