DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

7 minutes ago, EazyH said:

Thanks, I’ll continue talking with some of the folks I was speaking with out the large overwrites and ways to get around it. Just to be clear, the MM LOD pack you have on the front page is different from the one on Nexus?

The URL of the link "Majestic Mountains LOD Pack for DynDOLOD 3" on the first post is the same URL as the button "MOD MANAGER DOWNLOAD" for DynDoLod V 3.0 Lod pack on Nexus page of Majestic Mountains file section.

As mentioned in a post yesterday, I sent the file to T4gtr34um3r so it can be hosted there.

With regards to the Dyndolod 3.0 lod pack for majestic mountains;  I assume this would function for any texture variation of MM? such as lightside, darkside or the northside/northfire majestic mountains?  As they all use the same meshes.

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, sheson said:

The URL of the link "Majestic Mountains LOD Pack for DynDOLOD 3" on the first post is the same URL as the button "MOD MANAGER DOWNLOAD" for DynDoLod V 3.0 Lod pack on Nexus page of Majestic Mountains file section.

As mentioned in a post yesterday, I sent the file to T4gtr34um3r so it can be hosted there.

Thanks for the clarification, I just saw that he posted at 3.0 version on his page today!

9 minutes ago, Soulmancer said:

With regards to the Dyndolod 3.0 lod pack for majestic mountains;  I assume this would function for any texture variation of MM? such as lightside, darkside or the northside/northfire majestic mountains?  As they all use the same meshes.

Thanks.

I would assume so. I know his other LOD pack works for all versions 

1 hour ago, EazyH said:

Thanks for the clarification, I just saw that he posted at 3.0 version on his page today!

I would assume so. I know his other LOD pack works for all versions 

Simply checking the content of the archive (a feature of the Nexus website) and it is clear that the current version for DynDOLOD 3 alpha does not include a FOMOD installer or the different texture variants.

Hi, i installed the newest versions and the new LOD pack for MM but i been getting this error from Texgen since.

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Can not find file textures\dlc02\landscape\volcanic_ash_rocks_01_d_n.dds.

[Exit TexGen]

I am using all the same LOD files as before so im not sure where that missing texture file would be from.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

Edited by Sleepytime

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Simply checking the content of the archive (a feature of the Nexus website) and it is clear that the current version for DynDOLOD 3 alpha does not include a FOMOD installer or the different texture variants.

Appreciate it, I was at work so I had not yet been on the page to install. Was only an assumption due to how the other LOD pack worked. But thanks for the clarification. Grabbed the new pack and it got rid of the warnings. Thanks 

@sheson

Looking at the SSE.ini and notice this comment ... is it intentional or a typo?

image.png

EDIT:

Running Alpha 35 via MO2 as usual ...

TexGen ran without a hitch. DynDOLODx64 initializes as normal, but hangs with no error. Just the app hangs.

• Cannot invoke TaskManager or Event Viewer at this time. This persists for 10+ minutes.
  • OS behaves normally as far as using other apps.
  • Close DynDOLOD manually with no reaction.
  • Close again, and it shuts down. MO2 does not unlock.
  • Unlock MO2 manually
  • Event Viewer and TaskManager both open.

Repeat above process, opening TaskManager first produces same results. Interestingly, DynDOLOD process never appears in TaskManager (MO2 does).

This is all reproducible.

I suspected this may be OS resources related:

I had LODGenThreadSplit=0 per default, which should tell DDL to use my physical core # (16), so I changed it to 16.

DynDOLOD runs as normal (generating now), TaskManager reporting related processes as normal.

Soooo ... must be an issue detecting my physical cores or setting this value properly internally.

My system specs are in my sig. no bugreport, logs useless from these runs (LODGen never starts)

Log from one of the 'bad' runs (LODGenThreadSplit=0):DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

EDIT2: Log from successful run (LODGenThreadSplit=16):DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Interestingly, I get output only slightly larger than normal (I have run DDL Alpha 33 against same modlist and same settings dozens of times), but my exe time was 16 minutes. Normally, it's about 26 minutes, so marked performance improvement. Will report if issues in game, but I suspect all will be normal.

bugreport.txt

I did get a bug report, and wanted to share. Everything seemed to generate successfully, but alas, there may be wonkiness under the hood

also, I had a clarification question about different grass brightness settings. I see that you can adjust them in LODGen_SSE_export per worldspace to adjust color. Do these settings override general DynDOLOD SSE ini settings? For example, if I change the brightness in Tamriel.txt,  will those be the winning settings for that specific worldspace if I do the whole process again with different settings in the main DynDOLOD ini? and to alter grass in all world spaces, does it have to be done for every single LODGen export file? Or once you are satisfied w/ brightness, can you just put the new brightness in the main DynDOLOD ini and execute LODGen?

hopefully I am getting that across clearly

Edited by EazyH

4 hours ago, EazyH said:

bugreport.txt 36.23 kB · 0 downloads

I did get a bug report, and wanted to share. Everything seemed to generate successfully, but alas, there may be wonkiness under the hood

also, I had a clarification question about different grass brightness settings. I see that you can adjust them in LODGen_SSE_export per worldspace to adjust color. Do these settings override general DynDOLOD SSE ini settings? For example, if I change the brightness in Tamriel.txt,  will those be the winning settings for that specific worldspace if I do the whole process again with different settings in the main DynDOLOD ini? and to alter grass in all world spaces, does it have to be done for every single LODGen export file? Or once you are satisfied w/ brightness, can you just put the new brightness in the main DynDOLOD ini and execute LODGen?

hopefully I am getting that across clearly

Please see the first post what log files to include when making a post.

The settings of the DynDOLOD INI are used when the the export file for LODGen is created. Changing settings in an export file for LODGen only has an affect when LODGen is executed for the file/worldspace afterwards.

On 7/30/2021 at 1:45 AM, z929669 said:

@sheson

Looking at the SSE.ini and notice this comment ... is it intentional or a typo?

image.png

EDIT:

Running Alpha 35 via MO2 as usual ...

TexGen ran without a hitch. DynDOLODx64 initializes as normal, but hangs with no error. Just the app hangs.

• Cannot invoke TaskManager or Event Viewer at this time. This persists for 10+ minutes.
  • OS behaves normally as far as using other apps.
  • Close DynDOLOD manually with no reaction.
  • Close again, and it shuts down. MO2 does not unlock.
  • Unlock MO2 manually
  • Event Viewer and TaskManager both open.

Repeat above process, opening TaskManager first produces same results. Interestingly, DynDOLOD process never appears in TaskManager (MO2 does).

This is all reproducible.

I suspected this may be OS resources related:

I had LODGenThreadSplit=0 per default, which should tell DDL to use my physical core # (16), so I changed it to 16.

DynDOLOD runs as normal (generating now), TaskManager reporting related processes as normal.

Soooo ... must be an issue detecting my physical cores or setting this value properly internally.

My system specs are in my sig. no bugreport, logs useless from these runs (LODGen never starts)

Log from one of the 'bad' runs (LODGenThreadSplit=0):DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

EDIT2: Log from successful run (LODGenThreadSplit=16):DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Interestingly, I get output only slightly larger than normal (I have run DDL Alpha 33 against same modlist and same settings dozens of times), but my exe time was 16 minutes. Normally, it's about 26 minutes, so marked performance improvement. Will report if issues in game, but I suspect all will be normal.

Do not post screenshots of text. Copy and past the text instead or actually write out the question.

The entry is of the format part-of-plugin-filename;help-filename  as in docs/help/help-filename.html for the "Help for this message" link of the message window.

LODGenThreadSplit only affects LODGen in Edit Scripts. It has not effect on DynDOLOD.

The debug log shows a problem finding or reading version information of the installed DynDOLOD Resources. There should have been a message window prompt. Maybe it was behind another window?

If MO2 does not unlock there is usually a process that still uses the virtual file system. Check with the task manager for such a hidden processes in that case. Such processes interfere with access to files.

Comparing the size of the output is not really a good method for anything unless you are comparing ballparks. The updates to texture replacements means more distinct object LOD textures are created and put on the object LOD texture atlas. Thousands of LOD models changed in the last update. Rules are added or updated etc.

Hello (sorry for filling this sub)

Well the title say all, my SE map has weird ugly, flickering angles in water like Lake Ilinalta after running Dyndolod, i put "A Quality World Map" below everything in MO2 but still... even when i disable the mod, still this weird issue (of course).

What can i do to fix my lovely map? I tried to follow this but nothing: "

Just generate the LOD 32 terrain meshes. No need to generate the same of anything else. It should only take seconds.

Enable the checkbox for terrain LOD only, check meshes, uncheck build diffuse/normal. In the lower left check Specific Chunk. Set drop down to 32, leave W and S empty.

Or set W to -32 and S to 0, then it will generate only that one specific terrain mesh Tamriel.32.-32.0.btr for that area with the specified quality/optimize unseen settings."

Thank you :)

8 hours ago, sheson said:

The entry is of the format part-of-plugin-filename;help-filename  as in docs/help/help-filename.html for the "Help for this message" link of the message window.

LODGenThreadSplit only affects LODGen in Edit Scripts. It has not effect on DynDOLOD.

The debug log shows a problem finding or reading version information of the installed DynDOLOD Resources. There should have been a message window prompt. Maybe it was behind another window?

If MO2 does not unlock there is usually a process that still uses the virtual file system. Check with the task manager for such a hidden processes in that case. Such processes interfere with access to files.

Comparing the size of the output is not really a good method for anything unless you are comparing ballparks. The updates to texture replacements means more distinct object LOD textures are created and put on the object LOD texture atlas. Thousands of LOD models changed in the last update. Rules are added or updated etc.

RE the 'comment': Thanks for confirming

RE LODGenThreadSplit: Confirm that my setting to '16' and having a successful run after was purely coincidence. I since ran successfully again with it set to zero.

RE my 'issue': I had installed the general Alpha 10 Resources by mistake for my first couple of runs, getting the error with ../Data/creationkit/. missing files. I had since corrected that. In total, I had 4 runs with the then-reproducible behavior mentioned. 2 with incorrect Resources and 2 with correct. All were 'dead' runs in that DynDOLODx64 was in a sort of stasis, not locking and not getting past the point of validating LOD assets. I could not invoke TaskManager or Event Viewer during this 'statsis', which lasted upwards of 10 min each time. I had restarted MO before third 'bad' run and my PC before the fourth. Still reproducible at this point.

I did then execute DynDOLODx64 itself once with admin privileges (outside of MO2) just to fiddle ... no unexpected issue. Then I restarted MO2 in admin mode (I normally just run it normally) and changed LODGenThreadSplit=16 in the INI. Then I had a successful run as mentioned. No evidence that it had anything to do with these previous actions.

My previous report was a fluke with unknown cause, so nothing further to share at this time other than it seems to be running as expected.

2 hours ago, Zazanel said:

Hello (sorry for filling this sub)

Well the title say all, my SE map has weird ugly, flickering angles in water like Lake Ilinalta after running Dyndolod, i put "A Quality World Map" below everything in MO2 but still... even when i disable the mod, still this weird issue (of course).

What can i do to fix my lovely map? I tried to follow this but nothing: "

Just generate the LOD 32 terrain meshes. No need to generate the same of anything else. It should only take seconds.

Enable the checkbox for terrain LOD only, check meshes, uncheck build diffuse/normal. In the lower left check Specific Chunk. Set drop down to 32, leave W and S empty.

Or set W to -32 and S to 0, then it will generate only that one specific terrain mesh Tamriel.32.-32.0.btr for that area with the specified quality/optimize unseen settings."

Thank you :)

Using the latest DynDOLOD Alpha 35 and xLODGen Beta 83? Screenshots? Did you get the advice from sheson?

It does sound like Terrain LOD at LOD16 or LOD32, depending on game INI settings. @DoubleYou has been testing with the map recently using the latest Alpha and may have some advice for that and corresponding game INI settings. I rarely look at the map in my DynDOLOD testing. We use these methods for Terrain LODGen. WIP DynDOLOD specs follow that.