DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Can't edit my post, but scratch that part about it keeping the scaling after stage 15. The tree LOD is now gone after a full reload of the game.

I was ganna check the IDs of the LODs before I logged for the night, only to find nothing there lol

10 hours ago, fuhq2mofo said:

Can't edit my post, but scratch that part about it keeping the scaling after stage 15. The tree LOD is now gone after a full reload of the game.

I was ganna check the IDs of the LODs before I logged for the night, only to find nothing there lol

I was able to reproduce this with. It is a bug in DynDOLOD 3 alpha that happens with the GilderGeenRegrown and will be fixed with the next version.

I am using the latest versions on first page, dyndolod alpha 33 and resources alpha 9.

Dyndolod 2 works fine for me.

DyndoLod 3 runs for a minute or so and then fails with 'Item not found'

Logs:

bugreport.txt https://pastebin.com/nV3hDRzq

debug log https://www.mediafire.com/file/bmzdb8y1c764k7b/DynDOLOD_TES5VR_Debug_log.txt/file

log https://www.mediafire.com/file/f681dz5577596xk/DynDOLOD_TES5VR_log.txt/file

3 hours ago, horvath said:

I am using the latest versions on first page, dyndolod alpha 33 and resources alpha 9.

Dyndolod 2 works fine for me.

DyndoLod 3 runs for a minute or so and then fails with 'Item not found'

Logs:

bugreport.txt https://pastebin.com/nV3hDRzq

debug log https://www.mediafire.com/file/bmzdb8y1c764k7b/DynDOLOD_TES5VR_Debug_log.txt/file

log https://www.mediafire.com/file/f681dz5577596xk/DynDOLOD_TES5VR_log.txt/file

Do you have any billboards installed from mods?

See if it works by hiding/removing all files from mods in textures\terrain\lodgen\* and only keep the ones from TexGen output.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

See if it works by hiding/removing all files from mods in textures\terrain\lodgen\* and only keep the ones from TexGen output.

TIP: These mods can be found easily using the MO right "Data" pane

6 hours ago, sheson said:

yea, i think i have the EVT billboards and from lookin at the data folder, also some EEK Renthal Flora Collection.  I have the TexGen output set to overwrite everything in MO2, though. Does not that do the same thing? or are you sayin that I may have extra textures from the mods causing problems.

Edited by horvath

1 hour ago, horvath said:

yea, i think i have the EVT billboards and from lookin at the data folder, also some EEK Renthal Flora Collection.  I have the TexGen output set to overwrite everything in MO2, though. Does not that do the same thing? or are you sayin that I may have extra textures from the mods causing problems.

There may be billboards in the load order that are not being overwritten by output from TexGen triggering a bug in DynDOLOD - which will hopefully be fixed with the next version.

So in the meantime, check if disabling all billboards shipping with mods lets it run through.

49 minutes ago, sheson said:

There may be billboards in the load order that are not being overwritten by output from TexGen triggering a bug in DynDOLOD - which will hopefully be fixed with the next version.

So in the meantime, check if disabling all billboards shipping with mods lets it run through.

I disabled Indistinguishable Billboards for SkyRim SE, EVT, and EEK's Renthal Flora Collection + update + desaturated plants, and then DynDoLod build completed. I didn't have to rerun the texgen, and just used the one built from before. 

On 6/6/2021 at 12:53 PM, sheson said:

Unless the mod is updated to contain missing data and assets or someone somehow makes a mod adding that, then obviously users are still being prevented from properly generating LOD for the new worldspace.

I am not sure if this is user error or not, but I don't see BSHeartland.esm available to choose/not choose using v3.xx

2 hours ago, Zanderat said:

I am not sure if this is user error or not, but I don't see BSHeartland.esm available to choose/not choose using v3.xx

FAQ: DynDOLOD: Not seeing all worlds in the selection box
A: Some worlds added by plugins are filtered out by default, because generating LOD for them might not be useful or requires special attention. Remove the worldspace name from the filter file ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_worldspace_ignore.txt. Search for the mod, plugin or the worldspace name on https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/223-shesons-dyndolod-xlodgen/ for more information

From first post of Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD for Skyrim and Enderal 2.96, added about 4 years ago:
Bruma, see this post and this thread
If you want to generate (tree) LOD for the new worldspace, you will need to edit ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_worldspace_ignore.txt and remove/change the line "BSHeartland (Tamriel) - bsheartland.esm". Just adding an X in front would be enough for it to show in the world selection drop down again.

8 minutes ago, sheson said:

FAQ: DynDOLOD: Not seeing all worlds in the selection box
A: Some worlds added by plugins are filtered out by default, because generating LOD for them might not be useful or requires special attention. Remove the worldspace name from the filter file ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_worldspace_ignore.txt. Search for the mod, plugin or the worldspace name on https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/223-shesons-dyndolod-xlodgen/ for more information

From first post of Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD for Skyrim and Enderal 2.96, added about 4 years ago:
Bruma, see this post and this thread
If you want to generate (tree) LOD for the new worldspace, you will need to edit ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_worldspace_ignore.txt and remove/change the line "BSHeartland (Tamriel) - bsheartland.esm". Just adding an X in front would be enough for it to show in the world selection drop down again.

Thank you!  RTFM, as usual............ 

Edited by Zanderat

Hi sheson,

I would like to ask how we can combine 2 different tree mods (not touching the same trees) when one has 3D hybrid LOD and the other not?

I am talking in particular about combining the mods A Little Tree Mod WIP and Aspens Ablaze with Aspens Ablaze Add-On - DynDOLOD 3.

Both have different TexGen and DynDOLOD (tree mesh rule) settings suggested by their authors.

How do we get around combining these rules? For DynDOLOD generation do we keep the tree mesh rules as suggested by T4 (since it touches a lot more tree models) and we add separate rules for each aspen tree touched by z following his general tree mesh rule suggestion but for each aspen tree individually or there is a way to group rules i.e. per-mod-basis?

What happens to TexGen generation as also there both authors seems to suggest different settings?

Thanks for your time and reply! :)

33 minutes ago, Astakos said:

Hi sheson,

I would like to ask how we can combine 2 different tree mods (not touching the same trees) when one has 3D hybrid LOD and the other not?

I am talking in particular about combining the mods A Little Tree Mod WIP and Aspens Ablaze with Aspens Ablaze Add-On - DynDOLOD 3.

Both have different TexGen and DynDOLOD (tree mesh rule) settings suggested by their authors.

How do we get around combining these rules? For DynDOLOD generation do we keep the tree mesh rules as suggested by T4 (since it touches a lot more tree models) and we add separate rules for each aspen tree touched by z following his general tree mesh rule suggestion but for each aspen tree individually or there is a way to group rules i.e. per-mod-basis?

What happens to TexGen generation as also there both authors seems to suggest different settings?

I responded on Nexus (sheson may have additional advice)

2 hours ago, Astakos said:

Hi sheson,

This is the DynDOLOD 3 alpha thread for experienced users to test things and to report problems.
This version of DynDOLOD is not feature complete. It also has bugs that will be fixed in the  next version as they are discovered and reported.

If you have a specific question about a setting, hover above it for the hint and open the contextual "Help" to read more about the options and settings.
Feel free to ask specific questions in this thread/forum in case more information is required or something is unclear.

Generally I do not provide modding guidelines for different mods or entire load orders beyond what is written in the manual. It is up to the user to test and find the best settings for their load orders and preferences.

In the future there most likely will be comprehensive modding guides from tirelessly working people that contain settings and which assets from which mods to use for whatever results the author wants to achieve / personal preference. It is typically best to ignore 3rd party posts that just show/tell users specific settings without explaining why they need changing and instead make informed decisions.

For example, brightness settings are obviously specific for a load order depending on mods, ENB, weather etc. and personal preference.

Note that features and settings can change between alpha versions. So 3rd party stuff might become outdated very quickly.

As is explained in ..\DynDOLOD3\docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html, the ultra tree LOD generation uses 3D tree LOD models and billboards depending on their availability and the settings of the mesh rules.

"By default DynDOLOD.exe falls back to use tree LOD billboards for all trees it doesn't find a 3D static object LOD in Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\trees\*passthru_lod.nif for."