DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

13 hours ago, sheson said:

Ah sorry, didn't see there were two posts while being on mobile.

Great that it works now. Thanks for whatever donation you may make on Ko-fi.

Did the plugin with 1.8 come like this from a mod or do you know how it happened that it has that version?

I became a ElminsterAU patreon for 5 bucks a month and I'll send you $15 on Ko-fi too.

So I'm not sure if I'm losing my mind. I could have sworn DynDOLOD shipped with the resources required for ultra vanilla tree LODs in SSE. I've had them before and I was in love with literally no visual difference between the trees in front of me and the trees in the distant mountains. I've rebuilt my load order recently and when I went to generate my LOD, I noticed I no longer had those beautiful 3d trees.

I've ran the complete DynDOLOD set up a dozen times with different settings ranging from default settings, following the STEP guide settings, random guide settings and for the life of me I cannot get it to generate the ultra trees. My last attempt I wiped my SSE and just installed the vanilla game to run everything. Still no good. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I had to zip the TexGen_SSE_Debug_Log since it was over the file size limit, and here's the entire logs folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yQHEvPLVHLx0edu7aFAqZSCEGSbgxGfs/view?usp=sharing

Please tell me if I'm just an idiot and I'm missing something very obvious.

TexGen_SSE_log.txt LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.zip

12 hours ago, Sable17 said:

So I'm not sure if I'm losing my mind. I could have sworn DynDOLOD shipped with the resources required for ultra vanilla tree LODs in SSE. I've had them before and I was in love with literally no visual difference between the trees in front of me and the trees in the distant mountains. I've rebuilt my load order recently and when I went to generate my LOD, I noticed I no longer had those beautiful 3d trees.

I've ran the complete DynDOLOD set up a dozen times with different settings ranging from default settings, following the STEP guide settings, random guide settings and for the life of me I cannot get it to generate the ultra trees. My last attempt I wiped my SSE and just installed the vanilla game to run everything. Still no good. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I had to zip the TexGen_SSE_Debug_Log since it was over the file size limit, and here's the entire logs folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yQHEvPLVHLx0edu7aFAqZSCEGSbgxGfs/view?usp=sharing

Please tell me if I'm just an idiot and I'm missing something very obvious.

TexGen_SSE_log.txt 105.14 kB · 0 downloads LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt 36.37 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.zip 288.04 kB · 0 downloads

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD#Generating
While the LOD is generated, a log file with a detailed report for each tree is created to ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_Tree_Report.txt. It will contain an entry for each tree and which types of assets were found and used for the different LOD levels:

The Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt shows that pretty much every tree has been replaced and that its 3D LOD was not found.

Maybe you changed the full models with a tool like CAO?

8 minutes ago, sheson said:

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD#Generating
While the LOD is generated, a log file with a detailed report for each tree is created to ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_Tree_Report.txt. It will contain an entry for each tree and which types of assets were found and used for the different LOD levels:

The Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt shows that pretty much every tree has been replaced and that its 3D LOD was not found.

Maybe you changed the full models with a tool like CAO?

Thank you for replying! No, I haven't changed any models. My process was:

Install fresh Skyrim, run once, download and extract the main files from DynDOLOD resources, download and run fresh TexGen at default settings, fresh DynDOLOD with High settings clicked and Ultra trees checked, and xLODGen.

This has been driving me mad for sure. I must be messing something up, some setting I have wrong or something but I don't get it.

1 hour ago, Sable17 said:

Thank you for replying! No, I haven't changed any models. My process was:

Install fresh Skyrim, run once, download and extract the main files from DynDOLOD resources, download and run fresh TexGen at default settings, fresh DynDOLOD with High settings clicked and Ultra trees checked, and xLODGen.

This has been driving me mad for sure. I must be messing something up, some setting I have wrong or something but I don't get it.

Looks like I forgot to include the new crc32 file I made for 1.6.1130
Replace ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_mesh_crc32.txt with this DynDOLOD_SSE_mesh_crc32.txt, then generate again.

Hey sheson! Since some of the latest updates, tree LOD (ultra using Billboard4 in all stages) is showing a small cross at the top. Like UVs were very slightly out of range for the billboard, or there was some other offset in the atlas. I only ran into it testing with my vanilla profile. Everything was generated fresh with Alpha 165.

Logs

Ue7SZA9.png 9UJTel7.png

11 minutes ago, sheson said:

Looks like I forgot to include the new crc32 file I made for 1.6.1130
Replace ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_mesh_crc32.txt with this DynDOLOD_SSE_mesh_crc32.txt, then generate again.

It works! Thank you so much. I've been tearing my hair out since I never had trouble before. I forgot about the update potentially messing with things. Thank you again! These are godly tools!

2 hours ago, Phlunder said:

Hey sheson! Since some of the latest updates, tree LOD (ultra using Billboard4 in all stages) is showing a small cross at the top. Like UVs were very slightly out of range for the billboard, or there was some other offset in the atlas. I only ran into it testing with my vanilla profile. Everything was generated fresh with Alpha 165.

Logs

Ue7SZA9.png 9UJTel7.png

The log folder upload is missing the DynDOLOD debug log. It should be saved together with the DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt when the program closes normally.

Upload E:\Modding\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_TES5_Debug_log.txt
Upload E:\Modding\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_TES5_ObjectAtlasMap_Tamriel.txt
Upload E:\Modding\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Alpha.dds

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to make a useful screenshot of a full model with Mfg Console that has LOD affected like this and upload it as well.

31 minutes ago, sheson said:

The log folder upload is missing the DynDOLOD debug log. It should be saved together with the DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt when the program closes normally.

Upload E:\Modding\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_TES5_Debug_log.txt
Upload E:\Modding\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_TES5_ObjectAtlasMap_Tamriel.txt
Upload E:\Modding\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Alpha.dds

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to make a useful screenshot of a full model with Mfg Console that has LOD affected like this and upload it as well.

It is hard to make close up screenshots of it, because those lines are mainly visible in far away mip maps. All trees are affected. Here are the full logs and alpha atlas:

Logs + Alpha Atlas

LODGen_TES5_ObjectAtlasMap_Tamriel.txt

15 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

It is hard to make close up screenshots of it, because those lines are mainly visible in far away mip maps. All trees are affected. Here are the full logs and alpha atlas:

Logs + Alpha Atlas

LODGen_TES5_ObjectAtlasMap_Tamriel.txt

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to make a useful screenshot of a full model with Mfg Console that has LOD affected like this and upload it as well. Or provide base record form ID / billboard filename.

1 minute ago, Phlunder said:

I'll do so once I'm at home.

While looking at the atlas, assuming it is one of the billboards below the Whiterun object LOD textures. They all have a 512 pixel vertical position, so there shouldn't really be any mipmap artifacts. Check the BTO they use the alpha texture atlas. Check the UV is 0.25 or maybe 0.250244 even.

Hi, I have currently built my DynDOLOD output using Alpha 164 and noticed my DynDOLOD.esm could be compacted to ESL using the newest SSEEdit 4.1.5b experimental. (version 1.71 plugin support with the 4096 FormID ESL-support)

I checked and there don't seem to be any formID specific references in any of the resource files generated but just wanted to check whether it was safe to compact the ESM provided the references in Occlusion.esp are also updated. I was not too sure about the skse file that was generated.

Edited by Gratis_monsta

Does anybody know if Open Cities SE needs to be installed when generating No Grass In Objects cache?  As far as I can tell by reading the changelog for Open Cities it makes no changes to grass records.  (Edit: besides transferring the records to the Temriel worldspace I guess)

Edited by ikonomov

43 minutes ago, Gratis_monsta said:

Hi, I have currently built my DynDOLOD output using Alpha 164 and noticed my DynDOLOD.esm could be compacted to ESL using the newest SSEEdit 4.1.5b experimental. (version 1.71 plugin support with the 4096 FormID ESL-support)

I checked and there don't seem to be any formID specific references in any of the resource files generated but just wanted to check whether it was safe to compact the ESM provided the references in Occlusion.esp are also updated. I was not too sure about the skse file that was generated.

No DynDOLOD plugins should never be compacted or flagged ESL.