DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

21 minutes ago, dionysist said:

In the LODGen export files, is the GrassDensity value like iMinGrassSize where higher is less dense?

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Advanced-Mode#Grass-LOD
Density sets the percentage of grass LOD billboards that are being generated. 50 means only half of the grass placements are added for better performance but thinner grass LOD in the distance.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Settings
Change the Density dropdown to a lower value in the advanced mode of DynDOLOD under the Grass LOD checkbox to thin out grass LOD for better performance. Note that HD Grass LOD billboards for ENB complex grass use double the triangles, so in case performance is of concern, use half the density, 50% or less.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Updating
To test different grass LOD densities, change the GrassDensity setting in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_[WORLDSPACE].txt, start DynDOLOD in expert mode, select the desired worldspace and click the Execute LODGen button. Then merge the new output with the existing output, overwriting all older files. Remember to set the same desired Density in the advanced mode options in future LOD generations.

On 10/20/2023 at 1:17 PM, Mousetick said:

DynDOLOD 3a155 / DLL NG + Scripts 3a12

The dynamic LOD of certain references is not disabled when full models are loaded.

Dynamic LOD | Full Model

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

The above shots are just 2 instances. Upon closer inspection, all dynamic LOD of the same mod, or perhaps of all references with the same Enable Parent, not sure, is affected. The mod is Environs - Whiterun Watchtower Doesn't Stay Broken.

I haven't done an extensive check but other dynamic LOD works fine, such as Hearthfire houses.

Logs and other relevant files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssrM9OwD-gSECDe9VrwLA5Szcdawq535/view

Thank you.

What version of Environs - Whiterun Watchtower.esp are you using? I see you set the ESM flag, but there must be other changes as well.
Is this 100% repeatable? Are there any specific steps required to replicate this?

I generated just with the mod both with and without the ESM flag set, coc whiterun, prid xxxxx896, enable and hen approach the tower. The dynamic LOD references behave as expected and disables when the cells attach.

Edit DynDOLOD_NG_Worlds.txt and set debug=2100306668 (the decimal load order form ID 7D3022EC of the dynamic reference). The load the game and do the test. Check the DynDOLOD.log for enable and disable messages for the reference/gate. It should enable once to show the LOD if the cell is not attached and disable once or twice when the cell with the full model attaches. For example like this:
Enable - Reference 7D3022EC Base 5A231849 lod\clutter\stockade\stockadegate01_lod_0.nif
Disable - Reference
7D3022EC Base 5A231849 lod\clutter\stockade\stockadegate01_lod_0.nif
Disable - Reference
7D3022EC Base 5A231849 lod\clutter\stockade\stockadegate01_lod_0.nif

On 10/25/2023 at 3:37 PM, sheson said:

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Edit TexGen_SSE.INI in notepad and add GLDebug=1 so the debug log contains more useful information when the OpenGL error occurs.

Another Nvidia GeForce Game Ready Driver - WHQL came out yesterday, and the problem still persists unfortunately after a clean minimal install. I've attached the logs.

From my previous try: RenderSingle=1 causes the error not to appear and lets the TexGen run complete, however compared to not using it, things take 10-20 times as long.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way with debugging this.

Logs.zip

2 hours ago, sheson said:

What version of Environs - Whiterun Watchtower.esp are you using? I see you set the ESM flag, but there must be other changes as well.
Is this 100% repeatable? Are there any specific steps required to replicate this?

I'm still using the previous version 2.0 because the current version 3.0 was completely "refactored" and required a new game, so I didn't update. ESM flag is the only change I made.

I've approached the tower twice from different directions, since I noticed the problem. I'll check again to see if it's still bugged.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Edit DynDOLOD_NG_Worlds.txt and set debug=2100306668 (the decimal load order form ID 7D3022EC of the dynamic reference). The load the game and do the test.

Ok, great. Let me try that.

Thank you.

Edited by Mousetick

2 hours ago, adancau said:

Another Nvidia GeForce Game Ready Driver - WHQL came out yesterday, and the problem still persists unfortunately after a clean minimal install. I've attached the logs.

From my previous try: RenderSingle=1 causes the error not to appear and lets the TexGen run complete, however compared to not using it, things take 10-20 times as long.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way with debugging this.

Logs.zip 558.91 kB · 1 download

Does it also happen if you select Stitched Object LOD Textures only? It is not always the same texture/number reported in the message?

3 hours ago, sheson said:

It should enable once to show the LOD if the cell is not attached and disable once or twice when the cell with the full model attaches.

• Test 1: I fast-travelled to Whiterun gates, then walked through the tundra to the tower. Here's what I got:
Disable - Reference 7D3022EC Base 5A231849 lod\clutter\stockade\stockadegate01_lod_0.nif
Disable - Reference 7D3022EC Base 5A231849 lod\clutter\stockade\stockadegate01_lod_0.nif

So there is no enable to begin with. And then there is a bunch of disables, but the reference is still enabled when the cell containing the full model attaches.

• Test 2: Starting in front of the gate (cell attached, full model loaded) I manually disabled 7D3022EC (gate dynamic LOD) in the console. Then walked away until the cell detached, then moved back until it attached again:
Enable - Reference 7D3022EC Base 5A231849 lod\clutter\stockade\stockadegate01_lod_0.nif

This time the dynamic LOD was effectively disabled, and the gate looked/worked as expected.

It looks as if the dynamic LOD got "stuck" into enabled state somehow and DynDOLOD DLL gets confused. Even though the Test 1 log shows the dynamic LOD was disabled (multiple times), it is actually not disabled.

Let me know if you'd like to debug more, I'd be happy to try test versions.

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, Mousetick said:
  • Test 1: I fast-travelled to Whiterun gates, then walked through the tundra to the tower. Here's what I got:

So there is no enable to begin with. And then there is a bunch of disables, but the reference is still enabled when the cell containing the full model attaches.

• Test 2: Starting in front of the gate (cell attached, full model loaded) I manually disabled 7D3022EC (gate dynamic LOD) in the console. Then walked away until the cell detached, then moved back until it attached again:
Enable - Reference 7D3022EC Base 5A231849 lod\clutter\stockade\stockadegate01_lod_0.nif

This time the dynamic LOD was effectively disabled, and the gate looked/worked as expected.

It looks as if the dynamic LOD got "stuck" into enabled state somehow and DynDOLOD DLL gets confused. Even though the Test 1 log shows the dynamic LOD was disabled (multiple times), it is actually not disabled.

Let me know if you'd like to debug more, I'd be happy to try test versions.

Thank you.

I assume this means that this happens with a save game?

So the reference is already enabled and did not need to be enabled again.

What you seem to report is that the game ignores or can not execute the repeated disable commands from DynDOLOD but adheres to the manual command from console.

Upload the accompanying papyrus log.

24 minutes ago, sheson said:

Does it also happen if you select Stitched Object LOD Textures only? It is not always the same texture/number reported in the message?

Selecting only Stitched Object LOD Textures completes without errors.

After a few runs (with all options enabled, except for Grass *using HD Grass instead), this is the result for the error: 

Run 1: [02:10] Error: OpenGL: D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod framebuffer objects unsupported.
Run 2: Completed successfully ?!
Run 3: [02:10] Error: OpenGL: D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod framebuffer objects unsupported.
Run 4: [02:07] Error: OpenGL: D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod framebuffer objects unsupported.
Run 5: [02:06] Error: OpenGL: D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod framebuffer objects unsupported.

Here I took a break and ran with only Stiched Object LOD Textures selected for a few more times, because I thought run 2 was very weird, as it just worked, so I wanted to try running with Stitched Object LOD Textures only a couple more times, just to figure out if the first time being ok was just a fluke. But no, it seems this one works every time.

Run 6:
...indented list of items, showing only the last item below:
[02:06]     Creating D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\dlc02\lod\darkmatwall02lod.dds from 8 textures
[02:06] Error: OpenGL: 467BECF0 framebuffer objects unsupported.

Run 7: 
[02:06]     Creating D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\architecture\winterhold\winterholdwindow02_em.dds from 1 textures
[02:07] Error: OpenGL: 467BECF0 framebuffer objects unsupported.

Run 8:
[02:08]     Creating D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\wrwoodplaster01lod.dds from 4 textures
[02:08] Error: OpenGL: 467BECF0 framebuffer objects unsupported.

Run 9:
[02:07]     Creating D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\dlc02\lod\lightmattwall02lod.dds from 8 textures

For runs 6-9, I can see in TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt that it goes through imperialforticelod.dds:
[02:01] [TexGenGenerate] <Debug: Adding atlas D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod.dds with 0, 1.00, 1.00, 1.00, 0, -1, 0>
[02:06] [TwbRender.LoadScene] <Debug: Enter LM D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod>
[02:06] [TwbRender.LoadScene] <Debug: Leave LM D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod>
[02:06] [TwbRender.LoadScene] <Debug: Enter LM D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod>
[02:06] [TwbRender.LoadScene] <Debug: Leave LM D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod>
[02:18] [TwbRender.RenderTextures] <Debug: Enter LR 0 D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod>
[02:18] [TwbRender.RenderTextures] <Debug: Leave LR 0 D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod>
[02:18] [TwbRender.UnloadScene] <Debug: Enter LM D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod>
[02:18] [TwbRender.UnloadScene] <Debug: Leave LM D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod>

but I cannot see any reference to it in TexGen_SSE_log.txt

Note: I have deleted the [textures] output folder in between runs. Only backed up the texture run that completed successfully under [textures.bak] (which shouldn't interfere in any way i guess)

9 minutes ago, adancau said:

Selecting only Stitched Object LOD Textures completes without errors.

After a few runs (with all options enabled, except for Grass *using HD Grass instead), this is the result for the error: 

Run 1: [02:10] Error: OpenGL: D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod framebuffer objects unsupported.
Run 2: Completed successfully ?!
Run 3: [02:10] Error: OpenGL: D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod framebuffer objects unsupported.
Run 4: [02:07] Error: OpenGL: D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod framebuffer objects unsupported.
Run 5: [02:06] Error: OpenGL: D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod framebuffer objects unsupported.

Here I took a break and ran with only Stiched Object LOD Textures selected for a few more times, because I thought run 2 was very weird, as it just worked, so I wanted to try running with Stitched Object LOD Textures only a couple more times, just to figure out if the first time being ok was just a fluke. But no, it seems this one works every time.

Run 6:
[02:06]     Creating D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\dlc02\lod\darkmatwall02lod.dds from 8 textures
[02:06] Error: OpenGL: 467BECF0 framebuffer objects unsupported.

Run 7: 
[02:06]     Creating D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\architecture\winterhold\winterholdwindow02_em.dds from 1 textures

Run 8:
[02:08]     Creating D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\wrwoodplaster01lod.dds from 4 textures
[02:08] Error: OpenGL: 467BECF0 framebuffer objects unsupported.

Run 9:
[02:07]     Creating D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\dlc02\lod\lightmattwall02lod.dds from 8 textures

For runs 6-9, I can see in TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt that it goes through imperialforticelod.dds:
[02:01] [TexGenGenerate] <Debug: Adding atlas D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod.dds with 0, 1.00, 1.00, 1.00, 0, -1, 0>
[02:18] [TwbRender.RenderTextures] <Debug: Enter LR 0 D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod>
[02:18] [TwbRender.RenderTextures] <Debug: Leave LR 0 D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod>
[02:18] [TwbRender.UnloadScene] <Debug: Enter LM D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod>
[02:18] [TwbRender.UnloadScene] <Debug: Leave LM D:\Mod Repository\Skyrim SE & VR\texgen_output\textures\lod\imperialforticelod>

but I cannot see any reference to it in TexGen_SSE_log.txt

Note: I have deleted the [textures] output folder in between runs. Only backed up the texture run that completed successfully under [textures.bak] (which shouldn't interfere in any way i guess)

Delete the log folder. Keep GLDebug=1 in TexGen_SSE.ini
Download this test version https://mega.nz/file/hNQDWYrA#Ez7ZyBHVB5VskaZPsjCRQgwGU38_jmGyiwrj_Jge5xI
Run TexGenx64 and upload new log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists.

10 minutes ago, sheson said:

Delete the log folder. Keep GLDebug=1 in TexGen_SSE.ini
Download this test version https://mega.nz/file/hNQDWYrA#Ez7ZyBHVB5VskaZPsjCRQgwGU38_jmGyiwrj_Jge5xI
Run TexGenx64 and upload new log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists.

First run was successful, but the second one failed. Attaching the logs for both runs (I deleted them in between runs, so each should contain only their own run).

Logs.failed.zip Logs.success.zip

52 minutes ago, sheson said:

I assume this means that this happens with a save game?

Yes. When I updated my ongoing game to DynDOLOD 3a155 plugins from 3a140 I did it with a clean save in an interior cell in Solitude. So all DynDOLOD persistent references should have been removed from the save, prior to updating. I no longer have the clean save to verify. DynDOLOD DLL NG was not changed.

I have no idea when or how 7D3022EC (and the other dynamic LOD references like it related to the same mod or Enable Parent) became "stuck" in that state.

Edited by Mousetick

19 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Yes. When I updated my ongoing game to DynDOLOD 3a155 plugins from 3a140 I did it with a clean save in an interior cell in Solitude. So all DynDOLOD persistent references should have been removed from the save, prior to updating. I no longer have the clean save to verify. DynDOLOD DLL NG was not changed.

I have no idea when or how 7D3022EC (and the other dynamic LOD references like it related to the same mod or Enable Parent) became "stuck" in that state.

Can you upload the accompanying papyrus log from the test where it tries to repeatedly disable the reference?

Since the reference is initially disabled it has to be enabled via DynDOLOD DLL after starting with a clean or new save.

Test with two new clean saves. One where the interior load door is outside the FarGrid and one that is inside the FarGrid, though it shouldn't really make a difference. Also approaching by foot or fast travel should not make a difference but test that too.

3 minutes ago, Morti said:

How does _nolod work?

Do I need to just name a tree (Editor ID) in CK MyTree_nolod or I also need to create a copy of a model with MyTree_nolod.nif for DynDOLOD to not generate a LOD for the tree?

Explain the problem you are trying to solve.