DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, redshift87 said:

Hey there! I got the exact same Invalid Argument error on an Immersive College of Winterhold cell that JakoJako had a few pages back. I'm on the most recent alpha and resources version, have tried a few times now and always get the error. Attaching my log and debug file (did not see a bug report file):

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0ntgiat8csv9y09tqxwto/logs.7z?rlkey=yd7uxsi3rmb0x49whd9mjixcc&dl=0

Your DynDOLOD log show two generations. The first one worked. Can you tell what changed? They seem to have the same exact same plugin list and order.

Does it work with this test version? https://mega.nz/file/VYhQ3SqQ#wLIhiHVcYxN_m8Rw0xmBAAidLG0TlIJXLKl4fV4-pFQ
If not upload new log and debug please

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Your DynDOLOD log show two generations. The first one worked. Can you tell what changed? They seem to have the same exact same plugin list and order.

Does it work with this test version? https://mega.nz/file/VYhQ3SqQ#wLIhiHVcYxN_m8Rw0xmBAAidLG0TlIJXLKl4fV4-pFQ
If not upload new log and debug please

After the very first run, I added my personal custom rules (mostly for mods that don't have LOD objects like Eli's Skaal Village and to remove LOD for a few plants I don't care to see). I'll include my preset file that has those custom rules just in case it's helpful. I have been using those same rules for quite awhile now.

Tried again with the new .exe you provided and got a range check error this time. Oddly, my log file did not update but debug file did:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xq3q5yjfop0ms7shsb5ob/logs2.7z?rlkey=o3rrmoxduds0z3tmc9nv2g9vg&dl=0

DynDOLOD 3a143 Test version for Parent > Child copies of references with dynamic LOD

I've completed my testing. Here's an updated checklist with some corrections to markers I got wrong the first time, and my annotations on the results:

Spoiler
Markarth -37,4
- dunReachcliffExitMarker [REFR:000DE164]
>> Hidden by mountains

Markarth -39,6
- DragonMoundReach01_Disable [REFR:000FDB1F]
>> Hidden by mountains

Markarth -40,1
- CaravanMarkarthCampEnable [REFR:001030E2]
>> Hidden by mountains/terrain

Markarth -39,0
- [REFR:00094BF4] (no Editor ID, CW Siege Imperial Camp)
>> OK, too far, only dynamic LOD visible

Riften 35,-20
- DragonMoundFallForest02Marker [REFR:000FDB32]
>> Too far, hidden by terrain

Riften 36,-24
Riften 36,-25
Riften 37,-23
Riften 37,-24
- TG02GoldenglowGuardsEnabler [REFR:000B6311]
*** Can't see anything among all the trees

Riften 39,-24
- TG07WreckEnabler [REFR:000C04C6]
>> Not visible, stuff is underwater I think

Riften 42,-20
- CWRiftenImpCampEnabler [REFR:0008FA4B]
>> Hidden behind terrain/landscape

Riften 42,-21
Riften 42,-22
- CWRiftenAttDefEnabler [REFR:0008F99A]
>> OK

Riften 41,-22
Riften 42,-22
- CaravanRiftenCampEnable [REFR:0010311B]
>> OK

Riften 42,-29
- DragonMoundFallForest01_Disable [REFR:000FDAD8]
>> Hidden behind mountains

Riften 42,-31
- DragonLair07ClutterEnableMarker [REFR:0005EFC3]
>> Too far, hidden behind mountains/trees

Riften 44,-29
Riften 45,-28
- dunForelhostSonsEnable [REFR:00090F0A
- dunForelhostDisableMarker [REFR:0010F8D5]

Riften 46,-21
- DA06ExtClutterEnableMarker [REFR:000C216C]
>> Hidden below terrain

Riften 46,-31
- dunPOIFallForestBurningHouseEnableParent [REFR:000CF36F]
>> Too far, hidden behind mountains

Solitude -12,31
- SlighthouseFireOff [REFR:00062832]
>> Doesn't work

Solitude -8,26
Solitude -9,26
- MS07IcerunnerEnableMarker [REFR:0004B55D]
>> OK

Solitude -12,26
Solitude -13,26
- KatariahEnableMarker [REFR:0007265C]
>> OK

Solitude -12,21
Solitude -13,21
Solitude -13,22
- dunFolgunthur_ExteriorResetEnableMarker [REFR:000860C2]
*** Doesn't seem to ever be used in-game (i.e. everything always enabled)
>> OK

Solitude -17,24
Solitude -18,24
- CaravanSolitudeCampEnable [REFR:00104AD6]
>> OK

Solitude -20,22
Solitude -20,23
Solitude -21,22
Solitude -21,23
- SolitudeSonsCampEnabler [REFR:00034899]
>> Too far and hidden by trees/landscape

Solitude -23,21
- CWGarrisonEnableMarkerSonsCampHaafingar [REFR:00095777]
>> Too far hidden by terrain

Solitude -20,19
- DragonMoundTundraMarsh02Marker [REFR:000FDAD4]
>> Too far hidden by trees

Whiterun 12,-4
Whiterun 12,-5
- CWGarrisonEnableMarkerSonsCampWhiterun [REFR:00095872]
>> Too far hidden by mountains

Whiterun 0,-4
- mq104FXDragonAttackEnablerRef [REFR:000D3FB3]
>> Too far, can only see dynamic LOD
*** Unable to really test due to mod putting walls in front of fire

Whiterun 5,-5
Whiterun 5,-6
Whiterun 6,-5
- CWSiegeAttackCampEnableMarkerSonsWhiterun [REFR:0008680C]
>> OK

Whiterun 3,-3
- CaravanWhiterunCampEnable [REFR:0010372F]
>> OK

Whiterun 4,-4
- CWWhiterunAttackSiegeEnabler [REFR:00045855]
>> OK

Whiterun 4,-1
- CWWhiterunExtDisableOnly [REFR:000FC87D]
>> OK

Whiterun 11,3
- DragonMoundTundra02Marker [REFR:000FDB11]
>> Can only see dynamic LOD from Dragonsreach Porch
>> Have to exit/reenter Dragonsreach Porch to see dynamic LOD changes after toggling marker

Windhelm 26,12
Windhelm 27,12
Windhelm 27,13
- CWGarrisonEnableMarkerMonsterFortKastav [REFR:0005E8AC]

Windhelm 30,14
- dunStillbornBackEnableMarker [REFR:000D2001]

Windhelm 33,6
- CaravanWindhelmCampEnable [REFR:00103774]
>> OK

Windhelm 35,13
- CWGarrisonEnableMarkerSonsCampWinterhold [REFR:00052948]
- dunPOICampWinterholdAltEnableMarker [REFR:0007F892]
>> Could not test, view messed up by occlusion planes

Windhelm 35,16
- TG05CampEnableMarker [REFR:000644D8]
>> Too far, hidden by terrain

Windhelm 35,5
Windhelm 35,6
Windhelm 36,5
Windhelm 36,6
- [REFR:000BE270] (no Editor ID,  CW Siege Imperial Camp)
>> OK, too far, dynamic LOD visible only, barely due to terrain

Remarks:

• I had to disable collision to climb above walls or buildings for most of the verifications but always stayed within the city bounds.
  • For Markarth, it appears Parent > Child copies of dynamic references were made even though ScanParent=0 in DynDOLOD_SSE_childworld_MarkarthWorld.ini. This allowed me to test them, but the fact they were made seems like a bug?
  • Beside checking the references with enable parent above, I looked around the periphery of cities and everything looked OK. I didn't find anything visually broken.
  • I think I'm going to switch to NoCellsWithNAVM=0 for Riften next time, to get more trees directly behind the walls and fix the view towards the docks from the canal.
  • I found a small issue with a Cutting Room Floor house copy (object LOD, not dynamic LOD) in Whiterun but I need to investigate more before I can report the problem.

Next steps:

• I'm going to regenerate the plugins with the update you uploaded this morning, and take a look at the initially disabled references.

4 hours ago, Mousetick said:
  • For Markarth, it appears Parent > Child copies of dynamic references were made even though ScanParent=0 in DynDOLOD_SSE_childworld_MarkarthWorld.ini. This allowed me to test them, but the fact they were made seems like a bug?

Upload the log and debug log to properly report the supposed bug.

6 hours ago, sheson said:

Upload the log and debug log to properly report the supposed bug.

Over there: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HBzSJ56QkptARN150kduGita9awnWx77/view

Attempting to run the latest test version uploaded to Mega produces a Range Check exception. Logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TeIv02YR4GZGDV1uydPJL2d_03fuvRYZ/view

15 hours ago, Mousetick said:

I found a small issue with a Cutting Room Floor house copy (object LOD, not dynamic LOD) in Whiterun but I need to investigate more before I can report the problem

So it's not really a DynDOLOD problem:

• The house in question is located in Whiterun exterior (Tamriel).
  • It uses WRHouseWind01 [STAT:0003CDE3] as the base model, and WRDragonDoor01 [DOOR:000252C7] for its door. Both of which are normally found only inside Whiterun.
  • WRHouseWind01 [STAT:0003CDE3] has LOD but WRDragonDoor01 [DOOR:000252C7] doesn't.
  • So Parent > Child results in the house being copied to WhiterunWorld, but not the door.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I guess one solution could be: Add a rule to give LOD to WRDragonDoor01 [DOOR:000252C7] but I'm worried the door LOD could clash with DynDOLOD Resources' LOD model for WRHouseWind01 [STAT:0003CDE3], which already has the door built-in.

image.png

wrhousewind01_lod_0.nif

22 hours ago, redshift87 said:

After the very first run, I added my personal custom rules (mostly for mods that don't have LOD objects like Eli's Skaal Village and to remove LOD for a few plants I don't care to see). I'll include my preset file that has those custom rules just in case it's helpful. I have been using those same rules for quite awhile now.

Tried again with the new .exe you provided and got a range check error this time. Oddly, my log file did not update but debug file did:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xq3q5yjfop0ms7shsb5ob/logs2.7z?rlkey=o3rrmoxduds0z3tmc9nv2g9vg&dl=0

Check if this test version runs through https://mega.nz/file/VI5TVDCS#r8EsTQqlIQ_8_3O5XdTrpv2lYbiOnBdD2tBINSEKfT4
If not upload new log, debug log and bugreport.txt  if it exists.

11 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Over there: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HBzSJ56QkptARN150kduGita9awnWx77/view

Attempting to run the latest test version uploaded to Mega produces a Range Check exception. Logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TeIv02YR4GZGDV1uydPJL2d_03fuvRYZ/view

This test version should fix scanning Markarth with ScanParent=0 https://mega.nz/file/VI5TVDCS#r8EsTQqlIQ_8_3O5XdTrpv2lYbiOnBdD2tBINSEKfT4

Is the range error 100% repeatable?

Hey All.

I'm getting this TexGen error 

Error: File not found textures\landscape\snow01landscape_n.dds.

I get no more info than this line, most errors at least tell you what mod it is in relation to as far as I've seen before.

I don't know what this is about as I've never had it come up before, I don't have any mods installed that cover this texture so I've no idea what this is about, It's almost like its missing from the vanilla game files too, otherwise TexGen would have fallen back on that file or am I wrong?

Losing my mind over this as i can't find any ref online to this specific texture.

20 hours ago, Lavitz said:

Hey All.

I'm getting this TexGen error 

Error: File not found textures\landscape\snow01landscape_n.dds.

I get no more info than this line, most errors at least tell you what mod it is in relation to as far as I've seen before.

I don't know what this is about as I've never had it come up before, I don't have any mods installed that cover this texture so I've no idea what this is about, It's almost like its missing from the vanilla game files too, otherwise TexGen would have fallen back on that file or am I wrong?

Losing my mind over this as i can't find any ref online to this specific texture.

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha forum. Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum which TexGen log and debug log to upload when making posts.

DynDOLOD 3a143 Test version for Parent > Child copies of references with dynamic LOD

Fix for scanning Markarth with ScanParent=0 confirmed in new test version.

--

So I'm peering through the DynDOLOD plugins and identifying the initially disabled references that would need testing. Houston, we have another problem :) 

We forgot about the opposite scenario: a reference with dynamic LOD is initially enabled, then disabled later in-game. The child copy remains perpetually enabled.

For example, the Solitude Lighthouse fire:

• [REFR:0007526C] (places SlighthouseActivator [ACTI:000622F0])
  • [REFR:00062832] (places SlighthouseFireOff [STAT:0001A0B4])

These 2 references are not linked together by an Enable Parent, they're toggled independently. Here's the bit of Papyrus code that does it, during the related quest:

;BEGIN FRAGMENT Fragment_14
Function Fragment_14()
;BEGIN CODE
alias_MS07LighthouseFireOff.GetRef().enable()
alias_MS07LighthouseFire.GetRef().Disable()
[...]

alias_MS07LighthouseFire.GetRef().Disable() is not going to affect the child copy:

skyrimesm_07526C_SolitudeWorld_DynDOLOD_PARENT_DynDOLOD_NOLOD [REFR:5908ED4A] (places SlighthouseActivator "Solitude Lighthouse Fire" [ACTI:000622F0])

remains enabled.

Possible solution: extend the previous solution of linking the child copy to the parent reference via Enable Parent, to all copies of references with dynamic LOD.

As discussed before, this requires the parent reference to be persistent, but that theoretical limitation should have no impact in practice for references that are toggled via script, as they must already be persistent.

Thanks.