DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

31 minutes ago, heheloveer said:

So does this mean there's an ACTI record for every outdoor cell? Should there always be a Current Activator and an Active Activator while DynDOLOD is active and the player character is outdoors?

The papyrus scripted dynamic LOD uses references with cell sized trigger boxes in each cell to know where the player is. These references also act as an activate parent for dynamic LOD references in that cell to signal them to check/change their enable/disable states. The actual covered area SW/NE min/max depends on what cell coordinates have dynamic LOD references +- far grid / 2.

Just as a general rule of thumb as a Windows 11 user. Just reinstall the codecs. They should be on windows 11, but are not. I swear I update to the next build and TexGen and DynDOLOD just stop and stare like a cat at an open door. I have an awkward theory that updates are uninstalling "outdated" codecs based on no real logic. So far I've reinstalled Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 twice and NET 6.0 SDK (v6.0.411) realizing I had 6.0.9 supposedly which is weird. Especially since both programs worked cleanly only weeks prior.

When is Windows update ever sensical, ugh.

Have a meme I made out of pain last week.

WhythehellisntmyTexGenworking.thumb.jpg.02643da0d5b932e2bad91ab5ddf2114a.jpg

EDIT: One more meme for catharsis.

IllyaWellitsDyndolod.thumb.jpg.11ff7453f7cc4912a6afc0484785f302.jpg

Edited by CyborgArmGUn
Bonus meme

On 7/4/2023 at 11:46 PM, CyborgArmGUn said:

Just as a general rule of thumb as a Windows 11 user. Just reinstall the codecs. They should be on windows 11, but are not. I swear I update to the next build and TexGen and DynDOLOD just stop and stare like a cat at an open door. I have an awkward theory that updates are uninstalling "outdated" codecs based on no real logic. So far I've reinstalled Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 twice and NET 6.0 SDK (v6.0.411) realizing I had 6.0.9 supposedly which is weird. Especially since both programs worked cleanly only weeks prior.

When is Windows update ever sensical, ugh.

These are are not "codecs". The redistributable contains libraries for compiled c++ programs (Texconv) and the frameworks are to run managed c# programs (LODGen). None of the tools require a SDK version of these in order to work.

https://dyndolod.info/Downloads#Additional-Requirements

Newer Framework versions typically include all older Framework versions. Simply download the latest .NET Runtime. I can just install the latest .NET 7 runtime and LODGenx64Win (which requires .NET 6 as minimum) works. Windows update may update the framework runtime/desktop - also to beta versions. There were issues with a beta version in the past.

TexGen/DynDOLOD/xLODgen/xEdit are compiled Delphi programs and do not require any additional libraries or frameworks.

On 7/3/2023 at 3:13 PM, sheson said:

Try terminate all crapware that is installed with the AMD driver or install the graphics driver only to see if it makes a difference.

If not change, test with RenderSingle=1 added under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

If  no change upload new logs, bugreport.txt if it exists.

Adding RenderSingle=1 eliminated the OpenGL error for me as well. AMD Driver 23.7.1. Radeon 7900XTX and R7 5800X

Hello! I've been a user of Dyndolod for a couple of years now, and recently I started using Dyndolod 3. I must say, I absolutely love the new tree LODs and grass LODs, especially with the added support for ENB and other features.

Recently, I came across a mod on the Nexus that adds a settlement system to Skyrim, similar to the one in Fallout 4. However, I encountered a small issue. Since I've been using DynDOLOD, I've become accustomed to seeing my custom buildings from other mods visible in the unloaded distant terrain. So, here's my question for you: Is there a possibility that DynDOLOD will include a feature to render dynamically placed objects in the distance, as long as the models have LODs available? Given the mod makes this possible by using static building parts available in CK DynDOLOD could use LODs parts for these player made buildings. The mod even adds custom  empty cells to build the inside of the buildings. I really recommend checking it out.

Here's the link to the mod: Skyrim - Settlement Builder - Expansion Pack. I understand that there may be limitations due to the game engine, but I truly appreciate all the amazing work you've done for the community so far! Thank you!

This post text was grammatically corrected with the help of AI. Original text: 

Spoiler

"Hi. Been using dyndolod for a couple of years and started using dyndolod 3 a while back. Loving the new tree lods and grass lods with support for enb and stuff. I found a mod on the nexus that adds a settlement system to skyrim, similar to fallout 4 one. My only problem is that since I have been using dyndolod, I have grown acustomed to seing my custom buildings form other mods viewable in the unloaded distant terrain. My question for you is. How likely is it for dyndolod to have a feature for dinamically placed objects in the world to be rendered in the distance given the models have LODs to be used. Like a wall for a house. This mod in question uses existing static objects from CK used to build the buildings in skyrim. Anything u can use in the CK to do this u can use in the game dynamically contructing your own buildings with inner loaded cells to boot. Here is the link: Skyrim - Settlement Builder - Expansion Pack. I understand if this isn't possible due to engine limitations but I would love this to be a thing. Thanks for the awesome work you've done for the community!"

4 hours ago, KatCut said:

Hello! I've been a user of Dyndolod for a couple of years now, and recently I started using Dyndolod 3. I must say, I absolutely love the new tree LODs and grass LODs, especially with the added support for ENB and other features.

Recently, I came across a mod on the Nexus that adds a settlement system to Skyrim, similar to the one in Fallout 4. However, I encountered a small issue. Since I've been using DynDOLOD, I've become accustomed to seeing my custom buildings from other mods visible in the unloaded distant terrain. So, here's my question for you: Is there a possibility that DynDOLOD will include a feature to render dynamically placed objects in the distance, as long as the models have LODs available? Given the mod makes this possible by using static building parts available in CK DynDOLOD could use LODs parts for these player made buildings. The mod even adds custom  empty cells to build the inside of the buildings. I really recommend checking it out.

Here's the link to the mod: Skyrim - Settlement Builder - Expansion Pack. I understand that there may be limitations due to the game engine, but I truly appreciate all the amazing work you've done for the community so far! Thank you!

Just like with FO4 settlements, the placed references would need to be exported to a json file for example (like Transfer Settlements - Shareable Settlement Blueprints) and then converted to a plugin with an xEdit script for example (like Import Transfer Settlements blueprint to esp). Then this plugin is active only when generating LOD.

That way static object LOD, dynamic LOD and tree LOD etc. could be generated as usual.

11 hours ago, sheson said:

Just like with FO4 settlements, the placed references would need to be exported to a json file for example (like Transfer Settlements - Shareable Settlement Blueprints) and then converted to a plugin with an xEdit script for example (like Import Transfer Settlements blueprint to esp). Then this plugin is active only when generating LOD.

That way static object LOD, dynamic LOD and tree LOD etc. could be generated as usual.

Thank you for responding. I couldn't quite understand all you said as I'm not familiar to how this all works under the hood. Could you point me to where I could find more detailed digestible information on the topic?

20 minutes ago, KatCut said:

Thank you for responding. I couldn't quite understand all you said as I'm not familiar to how this all works under the hood. Could you point me to where I could find more detailed digestible information on the topic?

You brought up FO4 settlements, so naturally I listed the two things which already exist to generate object LOD for them. Not sure if anybody does this, though.
In any case, object LOD needs to be generated outside the game, so the placement data needs to be exported to a data file. This is probably best done by the mod that does the building/placement of objects, unless a generic mod exists for this already. That data file can then be used to create an actual game plugin like any other mod which LOD generators can load together with the rest of the entire load order to generate LOD for it as usual.

I suppose to just show some things outside the active cells, the mod could set the Is Full LOD  flag on (large) full models, at the risk of requiring a lot a performance. That might require the help/creation of a SKSE DLL.

https://dyndolod.info/How-LOD-Workshttps://dyndolod.info/Terminology and generally https://www.creationkit.comhttps://tes5edit.github.io/docs/14-Scripting-Resources.html

On 7/12/2023 at 11:40 PM, sheson said:

通常不需要更改亮度、对比度或伽玛。对所有 LOD 级别使用相同的设置,以便它们之间没有明显的差异。

设置 BC7 Max 而不是 BC7 Quick 通常只意味着更长的生成时间,而质量没有任何明显的变化。

对于 LOD 级别 500,将“看不见的优化”设置为 4 并没有实际意义。

在《天际》中为普通地图纹理生成 mipmap 是没有意义的,因为游戏不使用它们。它只是延长了生成时间。
游戏仅使用 LOD 4 漫反射纹理的 mipmap。

Rad第一篇文章,阅读Terrain-LOD-Readme.txt包含在下载存档中,阅读 https:// dyndolod.info/Help/xLODGen

Grateful that the previous problem was solved, but had to ask for help again, the bare ground between the grass,

I saw the same question on the Internet, but did not find the answer

Version 1.5.97 has been downgraded and does not use (Grass Cache Fixes)

Grass cache suffix .cgid

image.thumb.png.96eebad139c6b8ef303c8e5b4723eebb.pngimage.thumb.png.d02c216c122aa255f50d6ad28111bae2.png

The similarity is those parts that are not working are also not able to selected by console in game. This is why I assume this might be an xLOD problem if they are actually in landscape form.

image.thumb.jpeg.988693b20c8d9c262b038c4d98ca7784.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d4dbe6f4f8ce4e0615f4826b0843dacc.jpeg

Parts of these 2 bridges don't work for DynDOLOD. Those parts also cannot be selected by console.

Hello to all,

sorry to bother you but i'm in a bit of a predicament and i really don't know how to get out :(

I've installed Dyndolod 3.0 alpha 37 and tried (unsuccessfully) to get it to work as i've installed in my mods "Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE", "TREES ADDON SE" and "Majestic Mountains". When i run the textgen i don't get any error message anymore (at first i need to add the argument -l:English but i've solved that) but when i run Dyndolod it says that there are billboards missing for some trees, the strange thing is that i get the same messages even if i just keep activated the vanilla AE (i attached the logs, normal and debug, for the run with vanilla AE).

I know it's a bother but can i ask your help in this matter?

Thank you very much for your time and your work.

Have a nice day, sorry for my terrible english and i hope to have not broken the forum rules (i read the post but i'm still unsure if i'm submitting this right)

Logs only vanilla.7z

10 minutes ago, Kiosuke said:

Hello to all,

sorry to bother you but i'm in a bit of a predicament and i really don't know how to get out :(

I've installed Dyndolod 3.0 alpha 37 and tried (unsuccessfully) to get it to work as i've installed in my mods "Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE", "TREES ADDON SE" and "Majestic Mountains". When i run the textgen i don't get any error message anymore (at first i need to add the argument -l:English but i've solved that) but when i run Dyndolod it says that there are billboards missing for some trees, the strange thing is that i get the same messages even if i just keep activated the vanilla AE (i attached the logs, normal and debug, for the run with vanilla AE).

I know it's a bother but can i ask your help in this matter?

Thank you very much for your time and your work.

Have a nice day, sorry for my terrible english and i hope to have not broken the forum rules (i read the post but i'm still unsure if i'm submitting this right)

Logs only vanilla.7z 283.29 kB · 0 downloads

This is the DynDOLOD Alpha testing/feedback topic. You must start by downloading and running the latest Alpha 128. Previous Alphas are not supported.

Completely remove the old DynDOLOD folder, replacing with the new one.

Then post the logs requested in the OP for that version.

3 minutes ago, z929669 said:

This is the DynDOLOD Alpha testing/feedback topic. You must start by downloading and running the latest Alpha 128. Previous Alphas are not supported.

Completely remove the old DynDOLOD folder, replacing with the new one.

Then post the logs requested in the OP for that version.

Sorry, i'm a melon, the DynDOLOD that i've installed is Alpha 128 is the resource pack that is alpha 37 :(

1 hour ago, Kiosuke said:

Sorry, i'm a melon, the DynDOLOD that i've installed is Alpha 128 is the resource pack that is alpha 37 :(

I see now. My apologies for not checking your logs.

It seems you have not copied the content under D:\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output into a mod. Do this first. Then enable the TexGen Output mod, and run DynDOLOD again to resolve.

Are you using a mod manager like MO?