DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

2 hours ago, KunigundeH said:

Encountering a reproducible CTD when approaching the mine-entrance of Kynesgrove with Dyndolod 3.0 Alpha 30 (High Rules, Ultra-Trees, Myrkvior). Tested with existing saves and new games  before and after regenerating all Lod (TexGen and Dyndolod). Stable when Dyndolod not present in the Loadorder.

No crash for me around Kynesgrove or the mine-entrance.  I walked around a bit to make sure.

3 hours ago, KunigundeH said:

Encountering a reproducible CTD when approaching the mine-entrance of Kynesgrove with Dyndolod 3.0 Alpha 30 (High Rules, Ultra-Trees, Myrkvior). Tested with existing saves and new games  before and after regenerating all Lod (TexGen and Dyndolod). Stable when Dyndolod not present in the Loadorder.

Papyrus-Log writes reproducably  last before crashing: 

Log-files of the latest Dyndolod- and TexGen-Runs together with screenshots of the location (incl MCM showing coordinates):

Dyndolod-Logs on Google-Drive

Any help appreciated.

On a side-note to sheson: Thank you for creating Dyndolod and supporting it the way you do. To me Dyndolod is the single-most game-changing mod(/tool) ever created for Skyrim. Terrific work.

See the readme how to troubleshoot CTD. Post the .Net Framework Crash log if more help is required.

5 hours ago, ikonomov said:

Nope, the bright highlights are still there.  I tested at 512x256 and 256x128 textures sizes for that tree.  A notable observation was that I hardly saw any difference in detail of those Static LOD4 trees on my monitor at 1440p at original texture size vs 1/4 and 1/8 size.  It got me thinking, maybe there could be a setting to generate smaller textures for those trees.  This way we can have some control over the brightness of those Static LOD4 tree textures, the same way we currently have it for the billboards.  This will also make it easier to have the same control for all kinds of trees and all parts of the trees.  As a bonus maybe even squeeze a few extra frames.

If there is hardly any difference what is t h point of a smaller texture. In any case, if you want a model to use a specific texture be it smaller resolution or show what you like, update the texture path in the model. You can also make the texture darker for example.

1 hour ago, ikonomov said:

Hopefully this reduction in size and a brightness adjustment can be implemented.

It will have some kind of brightness settings for the  crown and trunk in the near future. It easy enough to update the 3D hybrid tree LOD models  included in DynDOLOD Resources since they are created programmatically.

Fixed.

Mistake was completely on my end. (As might've been expected.^^)

Wrong references due to a newly and wrongly sorted loadorder after generating LOD. (By accident) The steps for troubleshooting and the logs helped put me on the right track, even though they aim to tackle other problems in the first place.

Thx to the both of you for the quick reply and for offering further assistance. I'll make sure to check better before posting the next time. 😉 

Edited by KunigundeH

9 hours ago, sheson said:

If there is hardly any difference what is t h point of a smaller texture. In any case, if you want a model to use a specific texture be it smaller resolution or show what you like, update the texture path in the model. You can also make the texture darker for example.

Ah, so with the mip maps the texture size must not matter.  I thought it could lessen video memory load and while downsizing use the opportunity to edit the brightness in those textures before re-compressing them again.  I did try darkening the texture, reported in the next post.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

It will have some kind of brightness settings for the  crown and trunk in the near future. It easy enough to update the 3D hybrid tree LOD models  included in DynDOLOD Resources since they are created programmatically.

This would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Sheson, I've done all the troubleshooting I can and I'm stuck. I am trying to create billboards for a few custom models for vanilla trees (like treeaspen05) and TexGen gen keeps erroring and skipping the generation. I have created static tree models using this: /DynDOLOD/docs/trees.ultra/tools/DynDOLOD_CreateStaticTree.html , however between those instructions and the instructions for hybrid trees, I am confused about where to actually put them and the naming convention. I have them in the main mod folder with the full normal mesh, and have two separate files called XXXX_LOD.nif and XXXX_passthru_lod.nif because I wasn't sure which one was needed/correct. Yes, the textures are in the correct folder structure as stated in the errors, and the nifs are pointing to the correct directory. 

[14:49] <Error: Can not find file Textures\aspens ablaze\textures\mx\smalltreeleaves.dds used by Meshes\landscape\trees\creepytree.nif Skyrim.esm TreeAspen05 [TREE:0007614B]>
[14:49] <Error: Can not find file Textures\aspens ablaze\textures\mx\smalltreeleaves_n.dds used by Meshes\landscape\trees\creepytree.nif Skyrim.esm TreeAspen05 [TREE:0007614B]>
[14:49] <Error: Can not find file Textures\aspens ablaze\textures\mx\scotspine_tileable4kdarker.dds used by Meshes\landscape\trees\creepytree.nif Skyrim.esm TreeAspen05 [TREE:0007614B]>
[14:49] <Error: Can not find file Textures\aspens ablaze\textures\mx\scotspine_tileable4kdarker_n.dds used by Meshes\landscape\trees\creepytree.nif Skyrim.esm TreeAspen05 [TREE:0007614B]>
[14:49] <Error: Error processing Meshes\landscape\trees\creepytree.nif Skyrim.esm TreeAspen05 [TREE:0007614B]>

Here is the log and the debug log: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gXPEMagxVgrBCg5L7p00pHwwMfPdKIJ_/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UDvANtJrFw10f0k2pR5xQbPxisSP_HVy/view?usp=sharing

I also tried creating billboards using GamerPoets video, but got stuck on generating the "split atlas" because it seems like the video is outdated and sseedit doesn't operate that way anymore? 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you for all your hard work! 

3 hours ago, eeekie said:

Hi Sheson, I've done all the troubleshooting I can and I'm stuck. I am trying to create billboards for a few custom models for vanilla trees (like treeaspen05) and TexGen gen keeps erroring and skipping the generation. I have created static tree models using this: /DynDOLOD/docs/trees.ultra/tools/DynDOLOD_CreateStaticTree.html , however between those instructions and the instructions for hybrid trees, I am confused about where to actually put them and the naming convention. I have them in the main mod folder with the full normal mesh, and have two separate files called XXXX_LOD.nif and XXXX_passthru_lod.nif because I wasn't sure which one was needed/correct. Yes, the textures are in the correct folder structure as stated in the errors, and the nifs are pointing to the correct directory. 

[14:49] <Error: Can not find file Textures\aspens ablaze\textures\mx\smalltreeleaves.dds used by Meshes\landscape\trees\creepytree.nif Skyrim.esm TreeAspen05 [TREE:0007614B]>
[14:49] <Error: Can not find file Textures\aspens ablaze\textures\mx\smalltreeleaves_n.dds used by Meshes\landscape\trees\creepytree.nif Skyrim.esm TreeAspen05 [TREE:0007614B]>
[14:49] <Error: Can not find file Textures\aspens ablaze\textures\mx\scotspine_tileable4kdarker.dds used by Meshes\landscape\trees\creepytree.nif Skyrim.esm TreeAspen05 [TREE:0007614B]>
[14:49] <Error: Can not find file Textures\aspens ablaze\textures\mx\scotspine_tileable4kdarker_n.dds used by Meshes\landscape\trees\creepytree.nif Skyrim.esm TreeAspen05 [TREE:0007614B]>
[14:49] <Error: Error processing Meshes\landscape\trees\creepytree.nif Skyrim.esm TreeAspen05 [TREE:0007614B]>

Here is the log and the debug log: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gXPEMagxVgrBCg5L7p00pHwwMfPdKIJ_/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UDvANtJrFw10f0k2pR5xQbPxisSP_HVy/view?usp=sharing

I also tried creating billboards using GamerPoets video, but got stuck on generating the "split atlas" because it seems like the video is outdated and sseedit doesn't operate that way anymore? 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you for all your hard work! 

If TexGen/DynDOLOD report that it can not find a file in the load order e.g. the games data folder, it means the file does not exist in the loader or maybe access has been denied by OS, antivir or other 3rd party program. Make sure to start the tools from the mod manager and any virtual system is active.

Splitting existing tree LOD atlas only works if tree LOD already exists. It is for really old tree mods that were made before xLODGen and billboards were a thing.
You need to hold the shift button all the way through any message in order for the option to become available.

3 hours ago, IchWarte said:

Hi sheson, i just switched to dyndolod 3.0 and i keep getting this error which was never happended in 2.xx version, dyndolod output is still useable btw, error is LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel

Here is the log and bug report https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LV1g9CdjcktHwoNF-u1APkrWCUhxLcTp?usp=sharing

"LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel" means that the output is incomplete, obviously.

Use the legal Steam version of the game.

Make sure there is enough space on the drive where DynDOLOD is installed and where the output folder is. Make sure the standalone archive is installed completely into an empty new folder.  Make sure the tools can write and read files.

So encountered an odd (probably self-inflicted) glitch in Whiterun after generating underside using Open Cities:

v36K5ii.jpgkK82Z1W.jpg

It appears a chunk of Dragonreach is missing and the reference is to Tamriel_Underside.nif.  I used the standard process of running DynDOLOD twice, first without OCS enabled for trees, and then with OCS enabled to generate the esm/esp.  Is there a new twist to the process for OCS when setting underside on?

Edited by Wolfpack49

7 hours ago, RockGodOne said:

I'm still trying to get grass LODs to show up and I noticed that in the TexGen_SSE_Grass_Billboards.txt file, every line ends with "false". Should these be "true"? Why did it set them all to false?

As I already suggested, read the second post "Troubleshooting" and then also ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\TexGenConfiguration.html for more details.